AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Eden of the East series recompiled into a movie.....

by Last Exile » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:45 pm

And I am not kidding....

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -new-films

The Higashi no Eden Sōshū-hen Air Communication (Eden of The East Compilation: Air Communication) film will open in two Tokyo theaters and one Osaka theater on September 26 — two months before the first of the two previously announced Eden of The East films open. Kenji Kamiyama, the director of the original Eden of The East television anime series, is personally re-editing the 11 television episodes into the feature-length Air Communication. Eden of The East the Movie I: The King of Eden and Eden of The East the Movie II: Paradise Lost will still open on November 28 and January 9, respectively.

Funimation announced at Otakon this month that it had acquired the Eden of The East television anime series for North America.

Source: Dengeki Online

..........................................................................................................................

Look, I know studios and people want money, but this is one title I didn't think would go this path.....

Aren't the two new material movies enough?!
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: Eden of the East series recompiled into a movie.....

by GarryGod » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:06 pm

oh well it was bound to happen really it happens to a lot of good anime series the more popular it is the more they milk it...
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

Re: Eden of the East series recompiled into a movie.....

by Mappy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:30 am

They're filling in the gap, hoping to keep up expectations for the new movies. Also: keep money flowing in from elevens too stupid to actually watch the tv series first.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man