AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Your collection is not complete without....

by Rasberry » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:45 am

Since the Figure thread is very popular, i thought i would do something different..... why not choose figures you beleive that others would love, and i hope that others take this lead and choose some for others, i would love to see what people would think i would like!

For my post i have selected the biggest forum users and selected figures that i think may suit them, though i can post one if i miss you if you want....

Ryan - Saber Orta - I see that Ryan loves design and quite often the case of design in something quite different.

Dhumahn - Hime - "kneel Before her, Peasants"

Atory - Kanu Unchou - a warrior of combat yet with style and sophistication

Last Exile - Nasca - Beautiful women with stunning attention to every detail of design

Barron - Tachikoma - Not all anime figure collections are needed to be girls, tachikomas are a must, problem is this is not 1:1 scale!

Madman - Pakira - The flat chested Vampire "one day minderjährigen mädchen will rule the world"

Bazza - Fuujin - Here come the sky minderjährigen mädchen

Rasberry - Hakufu Sonsaku - haku haku haku haku

Mappy - Mesousa - possibly the hardest person to choose for, but.... i think this one he would like
Rasberry
N00bhunter

Re: Your collection is not complete without....

by HentaiSenpai » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:58 am

Want to chose one for me? I'll give you my opinion after.
HentaiSenpai

by Atory » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:16 pm

Rasberry wrote:Atory - Kanu Unchou - a warrior of combat yet with style and sophistication

Very well chosen... haven't seen Ikki Tousen but I'm a fan of the Kanu figurines. If I wasn't limiting myself to game characters I'd get that one.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by IceLee » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:19 pm

any suggestions for me? I'm setting a challenge on you to find something that might suit me :lol:
IceLee

by Ryan White » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:45 pm

You got the style and level of detail right for me, but the scale of the figurine isn't right. I prefer 1:6 scale so I can see the details easier and that one is 1:8. Also, the face is just plain ugly and if I don't like looking at it I'm not going to buy it.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Last Exile » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Um....

Long version:

1. That combination of scarlet clothes and violet hair clashes.
2. That figure seems to try to combine punk, french maid and bondage. I can't figure out exactly what this is trying to achieve, there's just no consistency to the dress sense.
3. The scarlet sotckings/boots are okay, but the metallic sections don't mesh well with them.
4. Those wings, tail and ears/feather on her head make her look like a demon. Not into them.
5. The sword looks downright weird. The handle is very uneven and the sword itself gets wider the further down it goes. I seriously doubt she could actually hold/wield that.
6. Goggles look weird on her.
7. That pose makes her look slutty. Not cool.
8. Those breasts look very uncomfortable in that outfit. I'd hate to imagine how short the collagen/elastin will last before they go limp.
9. It just seems a very restricive pose as well. It covers so many of the potentially interesting parts and tries to make you focus on the downstairs department. Not into that. I care very much about what lies north of the equator as well as what's down south.
10. Not a fan of that attachment on the back for perching her in that pose.
11. It looks very much like the style of Yamashita Shunya. His style is okay but not my cup of tea.

On the bright side:

It has a very nice face and for once, the skin tone really suits the figure. Very hard to find a figure with those two qualities.

Short version: No, but I wouldn't dismiss it immediately. I would have looked for a minute.

@White: Yes, faces are #1 for me with figures as well. Nothing else works if the face doesn't. You're going to be looking at it for the rest of your life, you want a decent face to look back at.

If there is ever a good C.C. or Katima Aigias figure, I will get it.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Atory » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:22 pm

Last Exile wrote:11. It looks very much like the style of Yamashita Shunya. His style is okay but not my cup of tea.

Isn't that because it is one of his pieces?

Last Exile wrote:If there is ever a good C.C. or Katima Aigias figure, I will get it.

This one any good?
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:34 am

Hmm, looks promising. Got details for size, materials and makers?
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:41 am

Rasberry wrote:Tachikoma - Not all anime figure collections are needed to be girls, tachikomas are a must, problem is this is not 1:1 scale!

About the closest thing yet...

You got me wrong, too. You were close though.

What I really want is the rest of the Strike Witches figurines, like the one Barron gave me a while ago.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Rasberry » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:29 pm

Bazza wrote:You got me wrong, too. You were close though.

What I really want is the rest of the Strike Witches figurines, like the one Barron gave me a while ago.

I think you missed the point of the topic here, it was not about what you really wanted now as your next figure, but a figure that if you had the chance would love to have in your collection. So the question i would pose to you is do you like/want the figure posted for you and would it suit you?

IceLee - I am sorry about not posting bishonen but i have to admit that i have little in the way of knowledge in that field, but i think you would like this figure

Hentai Sempai - for a figure fit for your collection it would have to be of a high ecchi standard at minimum. Unfortunately i can't post Hentai here but i am sure this is one that would fit right into your bedroom!

Rasberry
N00bhunter

by IceLee » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:54 am

I like it! ( I only have the Paine figurine from FFX-2 so I'm thinking of buying some other figurines esp of anime series and I do like dogs :lol: )
IceLee

by Atory » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:41 am

Last Exile wrote:Hmm, looks promising. Got details for size, materials and makers?

It's a garage kit which I believe is made by 83°C from resin and is 1/6 scale.
In other words, you'll never be able to get it.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 pm

Only Katima ever made. Problem is, I think she was only available during the Wonder Festival in February. Doubtful I'll ever find one of these.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Atory » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:23 pm

Looks like you'll need to attend a Wonder Festival in order to get the figurines you'd want. The C.C. was also at a Wonder Festival.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Madman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:42 pm

I agree wit your selection, Raspberry.
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust