AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

fate/stay night movie announced

by GarryGod » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:02 pm

A teaser site has opened for what it describes as the "theatrical version of Fate/stay night." According to the teaser site, the film version of Type-Moon's game and anime franchise is "coming soon." The domain is registered under the name "Geneon Entertainment" by the GMO Internet service provider.

Last September, Funimation released a Fate/stay night anime series box as one of its first anime DVDs from its distribution deal with Geneon Entertainment. Geneon Entertainment had ceased in-house distribution of its own titles in 2007. Tokyopop has been publishing Datto Nishiwaki's manga version in North America since last October.

wow more troll i see... well i hav'nt played the game or watched the anime but i do hear annoying comments about type moon's anime tend to die off when it comes to the last few episode's another movie seems like it's not worth seeing...
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

Re: fate/stay night movie announced

by Last Exile » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:37 pm

In before Mappy says that there was no Fate/Stay Night anime or a Tsukihime anime.

Unless there's new material, what's the point? They're reshashing Canaan into movies, now FSN?

Oh wait, maybe in the case of FSN that is the point. Pity they couldn't remove Shirou completely, that would fix nearly all of the problems immediately.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:42 pm

There has been nothing made by Type-Moon, and there never will be.

End of Story :lol:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Mappy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:32 am

They think following just one story path is all they have to do, rather than look at how to tie in multiple story paths to make a series with, I dunno, things actually happening. The result is both Tsukihime and F/S:N turned into dire snoozefests in the middle of their respective seasons. And the result of that is people saying there never was a Tsukihime anime. Fate is harder to ignore, considering it was longer....

What is happening is, they've seen the success of the Kara no Kyoukai films and think they can do the same thing with other Type-Moon titles.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Ryan White » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:59 am

Mappy wrote:What is happening is, they've seen the success of the Kara no Kyoukai films and think they can do the same thing with other Type-Moon titles.

Does this mean that I will be sleeping through the first two movies of the F/S:N franchise?
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Mappy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 am

You're asking me if you are going to sleep through a Type-Moon anime?
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Hans Stockmann » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Mappy wrote:What is happening is, they've seen the success of the Kara no Kyoukai films and think they can do the same thing with other Type-Moon titles.

In before Takeuchi arbitrarily decides to make Rin's hair short and green for no reason.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Hans Stockmann wrote:

In before Takeuchi arbitrarily decides to make Rin's hair short and green for no reason.

1. It's anime and random crazy crap happens all the time just because?
2. An effort to have a character other than C.C. look good in green hair? Can't recall any other that ever did.

Oh, there's a good reason to not fall asleep during Type-Moon material. The tsundere will make you regret it for forever and a day. :lol: That's whey call it BAD ENDING!
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Last Exile wrote:
2. An effort to have a character other than C.C. look good in green hair? Can't recall any other that ever did.

asa shigure and Nell from bleach nuf said :P
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Hans Stockmann » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Last Exile, I was making a joke about Tohko Aozaki gaining long red hair in the Kara no Kyoukai movies for no reason beyond "Takeuchi felt like it".

Oh, there's a good reason to not fall asleep during Type-Moon material. The tsundere will make you regret it for forever and a day. :lol: That's whey call it BAD ENDING!

Kohaku isn't tsundere.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann

by Last Exile » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:02 am

Hans Stockmann wrote:Last Exile, I was making a joke about Tohko Aozaki gaining long red hair in the Kara no Kyoukai movies for no reason beyond "Takeuchi felt like it".

Kohaku isn't tsundere.

Isn't 'because they feel like it' the #1 motivation for why things are the way they are? If logic were to come into it, Elevens would stop going to the cinemas for rehash.

True, Kohaku was the true nutcase of the 'real' version of Tsukihime. But Akiha was tsundere and intense enough to inflict pain on several levels. Her fight vs Ciel alone is enough of an indicator. I don't think one would want either wrath. :lol:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Hans Stockmann » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:09 am

Falling asleep is more likely to result in a Needle Time than Akiha going Vermillion on your ass. Indeed, I'm pretty sure it was one of the triggers for it in Kagetsu Tohya. Damn near every other option certainly was.
Hans Stockmann

by Last Exile » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Important update. The incoming FSN movie is NEW MATERIAL!

The September issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine will confirm on Monday that the Fate/stay night film will be an entirely new work covering the Unlimited Blade Works storyline from Type-Moon's game franchise. A teaser website already revealed the film's existence and indicated that it will cover that storyline. The film will open in Tokyo's Cinema Sunshine Ikebukuro and at least 11 other theaters throughout Japan on January 23, 2010.

Last September, Funimation released a Fate/stay night anime series box as one of its first anime DVDs from its distribution deal with Geneon Entertainment. Geneon Entertainment had ceased in-house distribution of its own titles in 2007. Tokyopop has been publishing Datto Nishiwaki's manga version in North America since last October.

Source: 2channel

Image © Type-Moon/Fate Project

Update: Director Yuji Yamaguchi, series script supervisor Takuya Sato, character designer and chief animation director Megumi Ishihara, and Studio DEEN are returning from the Fate/stay night television series. Voice cast members Noriaki Sugiyama, Ayako Kawasumi, Kana Ueda, Noriko Shitaya, Mai Kadowaki, Miki Itou, Junichi Suwabe, Yuu Asakawa, and Jouji Nakata will also reprise their respective roles.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 am

So UBW is going to be animated. Well, being a movie guarantees that there won't be padding. Or am I underestimating their ability to pad things out?
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Hans Stockmann » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:41 am

Caster tying up and doing all sorts of things to Saber will make up three quarters of the movie, in order to compensate for a lack of genuine fanservice when they do Heaven's Feel.
Hans Stockmann

by Last Exile » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:22 am

Only on Casterday. On Saberday, the reverse happens. :wink:
Disgusting...
Last Exile