Rose Of Versailles 1 (Retro)
Fate/Zero 11

Enjoy.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 12th June 2012

by Bazza » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:17 am

Completely unrelated question, but have we played a movie called Sky Crawlers at AJAS before?

I fell over it during my internetting and can't help but feel like I've seen it before... but can't recall any of the content. And the game's OST is verdammt brilliant.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:50 am

Bazza wrote:Completely unrelated question, but have we played a movie called Sky Crawlers at AJAS before?

Afaik, no.
What with it being one of the dullest experiences in anime.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Mappy wrote:
Bazza wrote:Completely unrelated question, but have we played a movie called Sky Crawlers at AJAS before?

Afaik, no.

Completely dependent on personal opinion and how much that movie makes you cringe about yourself and every single person on this planet.

If its purpose is too much for some people to handle, so be it. I'll take Sky Crawlers over the nth reincarnation of moe genericness that tops the sales charts any time. What it had to say about the culture in modern times, society in general and the presiding positivist sentiments within various fandoms of late are all true.

Anime fans are amongst the worst people in the world. You've said it yourself a fair few times recently, Mappy. And with good reason.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Last Exile wrote:
Mappy wrote:

Afaik, no.

Completely dependent on personal opinion and how much that movie makes you cringe about yourself and every single person on this planet.

I don't think: "minor aerial battle, not much happens, not much happens, not much happens, aerial battle, not much happens, not much happens, not much really happens, aerial battle, not much happens, not much happens, aerial battle, not much happens, end credits, not much happens" equals something that you have to cringe about, even if you understand what is going on in this bland, lifeless pile of dessicated horse manure that has to be explained to the numerically tiny audience that this garnered from negative word of mouth in a video extra from the director.

Last Exile wrote:Anime fans are amongst the worst people in the world. You've said it yourself a fair few times recently, Mappy. And with good reason.

Yes, with good reason. And so are pretentious film buffs. They're the people this film was made for.

Oshii could get away with this in the past, mostly because a) the films were so conceptual that it became more of a visual experience (Tenshi no Tamago) or he b) remembered to couch concepts with stories (Patlabor, GiTS). He didn't bother, here.

Most of Oshii's films are stark and barren creations, anyway.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Pirate Man » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Mappy wrote:
Last Exile wrote:Anime fans are amongst the worst people in the world. You've said it yourself a fair few times recently, Mappy. And with good reason.

Yes, with good reason. And so are pretentious film buffs. They're the people this film was made for.

Well why not throw down the gauntlet? To make people wholly happy why not just put on Boku no Pico instead?

also in finally note: Last Exile and Bazza playing ACE COMBAT as an anime movie is not a particularly good idea. No sense of urgency, everyone is oh hum about being shot down, etc. IF they were all robots instead of clones it would of made sense but verdammt boring nevertheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7-ubBDZxk
no this song is better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... wiskH1UE4c
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Dhumahn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Pirate Man wrote:
Mappy wrote:

Well why not throw down the gauntlet? To make people wholly happy why not just put on Boku no Pico instead?

Never going to happen, I don't own this show for a reason :x
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Mappy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Dhumahn wrote:
Pirate Man wrote:Well why not throw down the gauntlet? To make people wholly happy why not just put on Boku no Pico instead?

Never going to happen, I don't own this show for a reason :x

Responding seriously to Jason troll fail. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Woah woah woah woah back the ficken up guys.

I just asked if the movie had been screened at AJAS previously. Nothing more. I didn't want people arguing about it and I definitely didn't want people comparing it to Boku no Pico.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Taking the argument seriously fail. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Hans Stockmann » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:38 am

You get Mamoru Oshii films in physical form just so you can see if he's found a way to look even more dishevelled than in his last appearance. He rarely disappoints.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Mappy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:34 am

Hans Stockmann wrote:You get Mamoru Oshii films in physical form just so you can see if he's found a way to look even more dishevelled than in his last appearance. He rarely disappoints.

From this:
To this:

8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Oshii converted to Madokaism last year. It wouldn't surprise me if he now starts to gradually morph into Kyubey.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Pirate Man » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:24 pm

He watches European movies and they do the exact same thing.

Do ficken all.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Mappy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:05 am

Creepy, paranoid homeless guy in Hungry Jacks. Yep, nothing but the finest, classiest clientele.

The id.iot had already threatened to thump and/or kill several people in the store. And they didn't have the guts to GET HIM THE F.UCK OUT OF THERE. No, they just let him get comfortable and go to sleep at the window seats. Word to Hungry Jacks: there are paying customers, and there are non-paying customers. You get more of the paying customers into your establishment by making the violently threatening non-paying ones go away.

Bet it was fun trying to tell him to leave at closing time.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:39 am

Mappy wrote:Creepy, paranoid homeless guy in Hungry Jacks. Yep, nothing but the finest, classiest clientele.

The id.iot had already threatened to thump and/or kill several people in the store. And they didn't have the guts to GET HIM THE F.UCK OUT OF THERE. No, they just let him get comfortable and go to sleep at the window seats. Word to Hungry Jacks: there are paying customers, and there are non-paying customers. You get more of the paying customers into your establishment by making the violently threatening non-paying ones go away.

Bet it was fun trying to tell him to leave at closing time.

Boy am I glad I went home early last night. :roll:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:22 pm

They sidestepped the closing issue by being open 24/7, apparently.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Sufferes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:48 pm

I was just wondering last night about a possible system to ensure that only paying customers can actually progress from the counter area to the rest of the restaurant... Perhaps a barcode or magnetic strip or chip on your receipt or product packaging allows you entry through automatic gates. Like the fences around the playgrounds, but to keep 'undesirables' out instead.
I'm the Moustache Maaaaaan!
Sufferes

by Pirate Man » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Sufferes wrote:I was just wondering last night about a possible system to ensure that only paying customers can actually progress from the counter area to the rest of the restaurant... Perhaps a barcode or magnetic strip or chip on your receipt or product packaging allows you entry through automatic gates. Like the fences around the playgrounds, but to keep 'undesirables' out instead.

You can't say "no" to a man whose gonna take your life. They are paid to serve not being supermen like most companies believe. They don't pay you to remove homeless people from the store.

Would you do that for like 10-18 bucks an hour?
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Last Exile » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Pirate Man wrote:
Sufferes wrote:I was just wondering last night about a possible system to ensure that only paying customers can actually progress from the counter area to the rest of the restaurant... Perhaps a barcode or magnetic strip or chip on your receipt or product packaging allows you entry through automatic gates. Like the fences around the playgrounds, but to keep 'undesirables' out instead.

You can't say "no" to a man whose gonna take your life. They are paid to serve not being supermen like most companies believe. They don't pay you to remove homeless people from the store.

Would you do that for like 10-18 bucks an hour?

Trust me, he knows.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Sufferes » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Pirate Man wrote:You can't say "no" to a man whose gonna take your life.

Sounds like a badass song lyric.
I'm the Moustache Maaaaaan!
Sufferes