AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

The June Playlist Audience Vote

by Dhumahn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 pm

Yes, I'm going ahead with this, after all, everybody's entitled to have a say into the running of AJAS, and what we play.

Well, this vote is to replace Gurren Lagaan and Bounen No Xamdou (which both finish on June 30th).

The vote consists of a group of 12 series, divided into 2 groups of 6 (one group for each available slot on the playlist).

Each person will choose 2 shows from each group, and PM to me (dhumahn) what you have chosen.
(i.e. 2 shows from group 1, and 2 shows from group 2)
Should you choose the same show twice, you will have your votes sent back for re-voting.

Each forum member is permitted only 1 set of votes.
Each group is available for voting for 2 weeks each.

Votes for group 1 will be recieved between the date of this post and the commencement of the meeting for June 16th 2009.
Votes for group 2 will be recieved between the date of the second groups' posting and the commencement of the meeting for June 30th 2009.

The results will be announced during the OVA night on July 7th 2009.

....may the best 2 shows win :D

GROUP #1 shows - CLOSED:

Hyakko
Junjou Romantica
Rideback
Valkyria Chronicles
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Natsume Yuujinchou

GROUP #2 shows - OPEN FOR VOTING:

Chrome Shelled Regios
Bamboo Blade
Macross Frontier
K-ON!
ef - a tale of memories
Ristorante Paradisio
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: The June Playlist Audience Vote

by mbarron » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:19 pm

Someone want to grab a synopsis for each of these, i'd do it, but i'm voting RIDEBACK RIDEBACK with preferences given to RIDEBACK
mbarron
Site Admin

by Dhumahn » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm going to assume you have no second choice then barron?
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by khajiit » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:19 pm

Yeah a synopsis would be nice, although of course I'm all for Senjou no Valkyria :lol:
khajiit

Location: In the netherworld, casting Giga Star at prinnies 8D

by GarryGod » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:03 pm

khajiit wrote:Yeah a synopsis would be nice, although of course I'm all for Senjou no Valkyria :lol:

i read a blog from ayako about what there translator's doing instead of translating the show rofl i found it amusing :P
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Sufferes » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:26 pm

I just looked for the synopses myself...

Hyakko - "On the first day of high school at Kamizono Academy, four girls meet each other while lost on the huge campus, and form a friendship. This story follows the daily school life of the four girls and their eclectic classmates." "As the plot progresses, Torako and her friends gradually begin to learn and interact with their classmates in Class 1-6, in which each student has unique and extraordinary personality." 13 Episodes. Wikipedia & ANN

Junjou Romantica - An all male cast in a show that has a romantic theme. You do the math. Wikipedia & ANN

Rideback - "Set in Japan in 2020, it follows the story of female student Rin Ogata as she comes across a two-wheeled automobile robot known as a Rideback". 12 Episodes. Wikipedia & ANN

Valkyria Chronicles - Set in fictional Europe in 1935: "When Imperial forces attack the small border town of Bruhl, Welkin Gunther, son of late General Belgen Gunther, is forced to fight for his life alongside Town Watch captain Alicia Melchiott. Along with Welkin's adopted sister Isara, the three escape to Gallia's capitol and subsequently join the country's militia forces. As members of the newly-formed Squad 7, they must work to repel the invading Imperial forces and discover the true purpose of the invasion itself." 13 Episodes. Wikipedia & ANN

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Second series of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: "More crazy antics abound as Nozomu Itoshiki, a.k.a Zetsubo-sensei, who is the worlds most negative person, tries to teach class 2-H about how life is filled with despair and darkness. A harder task than it first may seem, with his students being far from ordinary themselves, including the likes of the most positive girl he has ever met, his very own stalker, a foreign exchange student with split personalities and a perfectionist acting class president, due to the fact the real class president can't be seen by anyone, among others.". 13 Episodes. Wikipedia & ANN

Natsume Yuujinchou - "Natsume Takashi has the ability to see spirits, which he has long kept secret. However, once he inherits a strange book that belonged to his deceased grandmother, Reiko, he discovers the reason why spirits surround him. Containing the names of these spirits, a binding contract was formed between the spirits and the owner of the book. Now, Natsume is determined to free the spirits and dissolve the contracts. With the help of a spirit cat, his days are filled trying to return the names to these spirits." 13 Episodes. Wikipedia & ANN

Everyone get your votes in, if you haven't already... :)
I'm the Moustache Maaaaaan!
Sufferes

by Last Exile » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:29 pm

Voted for my first choice purely on aesthetics and for my second choice since Atory likes it and his tastes are similar to mine.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by mbarron » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:34 am

Natsume Yuujinchou sounds pleasing, it can be my second vote

hyyako is just too soft, no punch
mbarron
Site Admin

by Dhumahn » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 am

Ok Barron, your votes have been accepted, brings the number of people who have voted so far to 10 :D
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by khajiit » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Just sent in my votes... this zetsubo sensei one looks interesting...

Kudos to Sufferes for posts the synopsis for all the shows :respect:
khajiit

by Sufferes » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:28 am

khajiit wrote:Kudos to Sufferes for posts the synopsis for all the shows :respect:

Sufferes

by Dhumahn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:26 pm

Well, its final call for votes for group 1 shows!!!
Votes have to be in by next meeting!!!
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by khajiit » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:29 pm

I assume everyone will be voting for zetsubo sensei? Man that show fricken rocks :wow:
khajiit

by GarryGod » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:43 pm

well now that's just great i changed my mind but i can't change my vote now can i..... ahhh i f%@#$% up again...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Dhumahn » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:09 pm

hehehe.......almost sounds like everyone's becoming afraid as to what WILL be playing :twisted:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Hans Stockmann » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:46 am

Juntou Romantica better be in.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Dhumahn » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:08 pm

Group 2's up :ph34r:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Sufferes » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:04 am

Ahh, most of these titles sound like they could be interesting... :roll: will check them out later, when I'm not on so late. If anyone wants me to put up the synopses again, let me know :)
Sufferes

by Hans Stockmann » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Chrome Shelled Regios: In a post-apocalyptic world overrun with mutated beasts called Filth Monsters, humanity is forced to live in large mobile cities called Regios and learn to use weapons called DITE and harness the power of Kei to defend themselves. In the Academy City of Zuellni, Layfon Alseif is hoping to start a new life and forget his past. However, his past has caught the attention of Karian Loss, the Student Council President and Nina Antalk, a Military Arts student and Captain of the 17th Platoon, who instantly recognizes his abilities and decides he’s the perfect candidate to join her group. However, with a secret past that won’t leave him alone and unknown powers beyond normal, Layfon will have a hard time surviving this ordeal. Wikipedia

Bamboo Blade: Kendo instructor Toraji "Kojirou" Ishida was down on his luck. Stuck in Perpetual Poverty, he could barely make ends meet. Then there was a ray of hope. If he could assemble a team of female kendo students to defeat his old friend's team, he'd get free food for a year. Now he just has to find the team. Find it he does, in the form of Tamaki, a young prodigy. The rest of the team is equally eccentric. TVTropes

Macross Frontier: It's Macross. That means excellent music, pretty transforming planes and a love triangle. And fansubbers who seem to think that covering the screen with karaoke during the aforementioned pretty combat is a good idea. Oh, and the hottest male lead ever.

K-ON!: Seinfeld with high school girls forming a band. d'aww

ef - a tale of memories: While going to a Christmas party, Hiro Hirono meets Miyako Miyamura, who steals his bike to chase a purse thief. They decide to hang out together and soon grow fond of each other. Renji Aso meets Chihiro Shindo at the abandoned train station where he likes to hang out after school. He is intrigued by the girl with the eye patch but finds out that she harbors a sad secret. Meanwhile Kyosuke Tsutsumi, an aspiring young film maker, is taken by the appearance of Hiro's childhood friend, Kei—Chihiro's twin sister who herself is in love with Hiro. TVtropes

Ristorante Paradisio: Ristorante Paradiso follows the protagonist, Nicoletta, as she comes to Rome from the Italian countryside and becomes an apprentice in Casetta dell'Orso, a restaurant owned by her mother Olga's new husband, Lorenzo, and meets its colorful staff. Wikipedia. Don't be fooled by the simple summary.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by GarryGod » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Hans Stockmann wrote:Chrome Shelled Regios: In a post-apocalyptic world overrun with mutated beasts called Filth Monsters, humanity is forced to live in large mobile cities called Regios and learn to use weapons called DITE and harness the power of Kei to defend themselves. In the Academy City of Zuellni, Layfon Alseif is hoping to start a new life and forget his past. However, his past has caught the attention of Karian Loss, the Student Council President and Nina Antalk, a Military Arts student and Captain of the 17th Platoon, who instantly recognizes his abilities and decides he’s the perfect candidate to join her group. However, with a secret past that won’t leave him alone and unknown powers beyond normal, Layfon will have a hard time surviving this ordeal. Wikipedia

Bamboo Blade: Kendo instructor Toraji "Kojirou" Ishida was down on his luck. Stuck in Perpetual Poverty, he could barely make ends meet. Then there was a ray of hope. If he could assemble a team of female kendo students to defeat his old friend's team, he'd get free food for a year. Now he just has to find the team. Find it he does, in the form of Tamaki, a young prodigy. The rest of the team is equally eccentric. TVTropes

Macross Frontier: It's Macross. That means excellent music, pretty transforming planes and a love triangle. And fansubbers who seem to think that covering the screen with karaoke during the aforementioned pretty combat is a good idea. Oh, and the hottest male lead ever.

K-ON!: Seinfeld with high school girls forming a band. d'aww

ef - a tale of memories: While going to a Christmas party, Hiro Hirono meets Miyako Miyamura, who steals his bike to chase a purse thief. They decide to hang out together and soon grow fond of each other. Renji Aso meets Chihiro Shindo at the abandoned train station where he likes to hang out after school. He is intrigued by the girl with the eye patch but finds out that she harbors a sad secret. Meanwhile Kyosuke Tsutsumi, an aspiring young film maker, is taken by the appearance of Hiro's childhood friend, Kei—Chihiro's twin sister who herself is in love with Hiro. TVtropes

Ristorante Paradisio: Ristorante Paradiso follows the protagonist, Nicoletta, as she comes to Rome from the Italian countryside and becomes an apprentice in Casetta dell'Orso, a restaurant owned by her mother Olga's new husband, Lorenzo, and meets its colorful staff. Wikipedia. Don't be fooled by the simple summary.

i am only 1 episode left chrome shelled regios this weekend it will be aired very nice first couple of episode's then past 11 episode's the main story start's to kick in but it sorta dull's the mood of the character's but i must say its got good action and of course greatest psychokinesis female character ever! felli-sempai she's a toss between lolei and moe... anyway main character could do with a bit of getting over himself.... anyway i suggest K-ON! for its simple humour and my opinion over shadow's melancholy in my books :P
GarryGod
Net Raider

by mbarron » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:24 pm

paradiso is absolute dross

regios and frontier for me
mbarron
Site Admin

by Last Exile » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Short version:

Options 1-4 = Moeblobs.
Options 5-6 = NOT Moeblobs.

Any question?
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:09 am

well i can expect more chrome shelled regios with the possibility of 2nd season to be made and with a lasting message thanking all the fan's of chrome shelled regios they dedicated it to one of the staff member's who passed away while it was being aired awwww how sad :cry:
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Dhumahn » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:51 pm

FINAL CALL FOR GROUP 2 VOTES!!! MUST BE IN BEFORE NEXT MEETING!!!
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn