AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Starcraft 2 - The Trilogy?!

by Last Exile » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:18 pm

http://kotaku.com/5061980/starcraft-ii- ... -a-trilogy

So years of waiting lead to that...I almost feel sorry for SC fans. Almost. :lol:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: Starcraft 2 - The Trilogy?!

by Bazza » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:47 pm

lol gg geis no re

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:51 pm

Well said. ^^

White is going to be so /khaaaan when he find out.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Ryan White » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:42 pm

Amazing, it's like they are trying to make South Korea hate them. If this is true then they better blutig be worth the price or cost less than a full title.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Last Exile » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:05 pm

Well from various posts I read:

1. Blizzard are on the 'It's finished when it's finished' stance until the end of time now. They learned from WoW: The Burning Crusade that catering to fan demand is not always the best approach when the first two days were full of crashes. This time they tested Lich King to hell and back and then some before it finally came live. Plus they also did the sensible/logical thing of installing the expansion patch and testing live compatability for a couple of weeks before the game went on sale. Lich King was virtually a flawless product in terms of performance as a result and players were impressed.So 'It's finished when it's finished' will always be their stance.

2. The trilogy aspect is that each version of SC2 has the same start and end point. Each version of the game is from one of the race's perspective and will show how all three sides ended up getting from A to B.

Price...good point. I think the standard price for Blizzard expansion packs (going on WC3: FT, SC: BW, WoW: TBC and WoW: WotLK) is $49.95 in Australia. If there's going to be three though...they might make a pack of all three cost $100-$120.

And I seriously hope they have a detailed multi-player/online or the Koreans will be livid.

From Blizzard's perspective, they will want the sales to be comparable to what they get from World of krieg handwerk for their investments of time and money to be worth it. Lich King sold over 4 million copies in the first month, they make $1-2 billion a year off of WoW alone. To justify making SC2, it's going to have to deliver and sell big time. *shrug* But whether RTS games will be able to pull the same numbers MMO games do is the real question.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Phill » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:20 am

Regardless of how they release it, or how much it costs, Blizzard is going to get my money. >_>

Hardcore fan of SC. :respect:
Phill
Needs Moar Desu