AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Clannad - the show Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 got delayed for

by Last Exile » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 pm

Haruhi season 2 'was' going to be broadcast but just got kicked back until very late this year or 2008. This is why. Quoted from a friend:

Clannad is a highly anticipated visual novel from key. The thing was its a non hentai visual novel, and is very deep in context. Well the game anyway. The opening animation is quite good forom the preview.

And here's the vid:

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/ ... 154650.flv

Get this on the playlist ASAP! This kicks arsch!
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:48 pm

This, coming from a man with God for an avatar.

Touhou anyone?

Less Clannad, moar Suzumiya-sama. 8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:18 pm

Kanon, the show Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 got delayed for.
Lucky Star, the show Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 got delayed for.
Clannad, the show.... um, you start to see a pattern here....

KyoAni. Whoring themselves until the cash comes home. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Ryan White » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:20 pm

Looks nice. Having said that visuals don't make a great anime and it's getting in the way of Haruhi.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Last Exile » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:12 pm

@White: True, that is a downfall. Still, the fallout from all this is that Lucky Star has now equalled Haruhi's popularity in Japan, so they probably view it as a positive outcome. But Haruhi >> Lucky Star in my books.

@Mappy: Lucky Star, I can kind of understand, but delaying it for Kanon is just wrong. Then again, it just shows recurring theme - moe fandom.

@Bazza - Correction. David Knight is God. mad can back me up on that.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by (mad) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:09 pm

david knight is at least close to god. whether he is or not, half the people i know through cs have agreed that i'm going to take his position when he retires
(mad)
180 Proof

by Mappy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:58 am

Last Exile wrote:@White: True, that is a downfall. Still, the fallout from all this is that Lucky Star has now equalled Haruhi's popularity in Japan, so they probably view it as a positive outcome. But Haruhi >> Lucky Star in my books.

Lucky Star is good in parts, but Haruhi easily trumps it overall. It is just a better show, despite the fact that a large group of people we all know happen to hate it for no rationally explained reason other than it isn't Naruto. 8)

Last Exile wrote:@Mappy: Lucky Star, I can kind of understand, but delaying it for Kanon is just wrong. Then again, it just shows recurring theme - moe fandom.

Actually, the 2006 version of Kanon wasn't too bad. I watched it through and somehow managed to survive. The 2002 version was pretty shocking but KyoAni at least thought this one through. Makes me want to struggle through the original to compare them. It is why Key is letting KyoAni do Clannad, after the way both Kanon and Air turned out.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:43 am

Yeah, I've seen screenies and reviews of Kanon 2006 and they all are glowing in comparison to the 2002 version. Kyoto Animation studio sets some pretty high standards so I think the wait will be worth it if we get another decent series in the meanwhile.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by stormy001 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:59 am

LS is not bad but it is not an enduring anime. Lke Mappy said, Kyoto Animation delayed Haruhi purposely to maximize the impact later, plus there is another reason which they waiting for more novel material to come up. Vol 10 of Haruhi novel is coming soon so they will have more materials to do with.
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:09 pm

stormy001 wrote:LS is not bad but it is not an enduring anime. Lke Mappy said, Kyoto Animation delayed Haruhi purposely to maximize the impact later, plus there is another reason which they waiting for more novel material to come up. Vol 10 of Haruhi novel is coming soon so they will have more materials to do with.

Someone finally learned not to fly past the manga?! Oh frabjous joy!
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Last Exile wrote:Yeah, I've seen screenies and reviews of Kanon 2006 and they all are glowing in comparison to the 2002 version. Kyoto Animation studio sets some pretty high standards so I think the wait will be worth it if we get another decent series in the meanwhile.

Isn't Kanon the show with the QUALITY bug-eyed little girls? I forget which version it was though. :?

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:31 pm

Last Exile wrote:Yeah, I've seen screenies and reviews of Kanon 2006 and they all are glowing in comparison to the 2002 version. Kyoto Animation studio sets some pretty high standards so I think the wait will be worth it if we get another decent series in the meanwhile.

The biggest difference between the Toei and the KyoAni versions of Kanon is that KyoAni secured a full season (24 episodes) to flesh the thing out, whilst Toei did the usual hash job over 13....

Normally more episodes means more filler, but KyoAni aren't the sort to have lots of empty spaces in their shows, even if all that is happening is discussions about chocolate cornets. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:58 pm

Bazza wrote:

Isn't Kanon the show with the QUALITY bug-eyed little girls? I forget which version it was though. :?

The one with 16 year-olds that act like 18 year olds but look more like 12 years olds at best. Haven't watched it but even my harsher peers don't sneer at this one.

Classic line:

Guy - Can I ask you something?
Shion - Sure, as long as it's not my three measurements.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:21 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of WTF IS WITH THEIR EYES?!?, what with them being on the sides of their heads and all. :hmm:

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too