AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Does anyone know this anime?

by Madman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:51 pm

A freind of mine recently posted this message on an anime forum, and no-one yet has been able to help him. Despite deep thought, i also am so far unable to come up with an answer. Therefore i thought i would test the collective knowledge of AJAS, as i also would be interested to know. Can anyone help?(Mappy)

"I saw this many years ago, and all i can remember of it is very very vague, but here goes.

There story is about androids (its not armitage, nor akira) that are built by a certain man (i believe they referred to him as the master). Apparently the adroids dont know they arent human. Some "thing" in the movie is controlled by humans remotely. They sit in a chair and a little helmet goes over their head, however, while controlling whatever it was, if it is destroyed, their head gets crushed (bummerville.) I also remember a scene where there is a row of the androids sitting up on a table naked and some people walk by to inspect them.

There is one female that at the end of the movie, in order to save Neo-tokyo, or whatever it was, exudes some pink goo (t-gel, if i remember correctly) that flows over a bunch of dead people in a stadium, and revives them.

Sorry, and Thanks!"
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust

by Bazza » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:28 am

I think it might be called Boku no Pico. :)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:09 am

No, somehow I don't think that would be it. :roll:

I think the show is Key: The Metal Idol. The description shows how little was remembered accurately. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Madman » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:25 pm

mmm..i havnt seen it, but the descriptions dont seem to match very well?
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman

by Pirate Man » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Appleseed?
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by edible_hat » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:52 pm

What we need is an anime equivalent of It's the one with...
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by Mappy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:47 pm

Madman wrote:mmm..i havnt seen it, but the descriptions dont seem to match very well?

Most of the description pertains to the last episode, which is movie-length. Key is not really an android, but there was weapons-level technology used on her by her grandfather, which means she is able to control and manipulate a large number of people. The one who had his head crushed was the main villain, who really deserved it by that point, and the pink energy used to revive the stadium of people was Key using her power after the crowd were rendered unconscious by the concert that was, essentially, being controlled by the villain.... Key basically pwned him.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense unless you watch it about a dozen times.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Madman » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:21 pm

Ok..that may just be it. thanks Mappy.
Madman

by Ryan White » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:55 pm

Damn, I'm getting the urge to try watching it again. I started watching it but only had it two episodes in before I found something else to watch.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Madman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:59 pm

It seems you were correct! Mappy, from this day forth, you shall now be known as the 'Tree of Knowledge'.
Madman

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:18 am

All hail Ygsdrasil. ;)
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:44 am

I have to be good for something. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by edible_hat » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:35 pm

Madman wrote:It seems you were correct! Mappy, from this day forth, you shall now be known as the 'Tree of Knowledge'.

How long before somebody tries to poison him and he gets saved and carted away to be restored and turned into a monument?
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by Mappy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:21 pm

They tried that, already. Not my fault I'm immune to most forms of toxic substances. Except licorice. Nobody is immune to licorice toxaemia.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by IceLee » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:05 pm

Mmmm... I love licorice bullets...
IceLee