AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Ergo Proxy on ABC2

by Mappy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:51 am

Though you've now missed the first episode, Ergo Proxy is airing at 9pm on Tuesday nights on ABC2. Dubbed, of course. It replaced Bebop.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by IceLee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:28 am

TT_TT damn my tv, it refuses to work on ABC and ABC 2... TT_TT
IceLee

by (mad) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:45 am

hooray for my lack of digital tv
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:49 am

we'll just go to this corner here and wheep away wont we, mad? (heh)
IceLee

by (mad) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:31 am

it doesn't make that much of a difference, considering the amount of tv i watch (barely any)
(mad)
180 Proof

by edible_hat » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:51 pm

IceLee wrote:TT_TT damn my tv, it refuses to work on ABC and ABC 2... TT_TT

not much on ABC2 is subtitled anyway
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by IceLee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:59 pm

true... but when hercules poirot and miss marple is on.... T_T
IceLee

by edible_hat » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:27 pm

Poirot and Marple were on regular ABC, which seems to be very good as far as captioning goes. But "This program is not subtitled" pops up a lot on ABC2 (which is the second digital channel)
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

edible_hat

by IceLee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:31 pm

yeah... you know my tv refuses to work even on abc whenever its in my room, in my house..... its cursed I tell you! cursed!
IceLee

by Mappy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:51 pm

I get ABC2 through the Foxtel box. The pixellation is awful but most times it is vaguely watchable. I'd have set the vcr for it if 1) I hadn't watched it all already and 2) if it wasn't dubbed. But I thought it worth mentioning.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Atory » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:57 pm

My ABC2 and every other channel are perfect through my Austar Box... why do you have pixellation?
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Mappy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Foxtel. Satellite.

Do you need more info?
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Atory » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:43 pm

So AUSTAR Satellite > FOXTEL Satellite?
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Mappy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:56 pm

Foxtel Digital's satellite service has always been pretty bad. Actually, their analogue service was fairly glitchy as well. It improved somewhat when we first put the digital service on, but trying to watch it now is quite painful....
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:31 am

Thankfully they picked the only decent series from 2006 to air.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by IceLee » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:15 pm

Mappy wrote:Foxtel Digital's satellite service has always been pretty bad. Actually, their analogue service was fairly glitchy as well. It improved somewhat when we first put the digital service on, but trying to watch it now is quite painful....

I may be on foxtel sports next year if I go to national all styles... if i get more better at this style of taekwondo...
IceLee

by Madman » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:09 am

IceLee wrote:
Mappy wrote:Foxtel Digital's satellite service has always been pretty bad. Actually, their analogue service was fairly glitchy as well. It improved somewhat when we first put the digital service on, but trying to watch it now is quite painful....

I may be on foxtel sports next year if I go to national all styles... if i get more better at this style of taekwondo...

i hope you get more better at your grammar first... :wink:
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust

by IceLee » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:15 am

Ah that, it will never get better. Its my deafness remeber, ive tried for years to improve my grammar, at least I know where to put my a's and an's so that's enough for now, Madman -_- I hear pronouctions differently than you do so there!
*pauses for a minute or two*
..... Ok fine, tell me what I did wrong with my grammar and Ill fix it.. or learn from it -_- go on, i wont bite... if this is the only way I can keep everyone happy grammar wise, then TELL me what is WRONG with the grammar, dont just POINT out that my grammar sucked! sheesh! that's just a teeny weeny thing you could do which wouldnt take more than two minutes....
IceLee

by Ryan White » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:02 am

Madman is the last person on this forum I expected to hear lecture somebody about their grammar. At least IceLee can remember that the first word of a sentence is supposed to start with a capital letter.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Madman » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Ryan White wrote:Madman is the last person on this forum I expected to hear lecture somebody about their grammar. At least IceLee can remember that the first word of a sentence is supposed to start with a capital letter.

Chuck Norris how anal! we r on a forum and you want capital letters at the beginning of a sentence? u must be one of these people who use queens english and punctuation when sending an sms? and i dont beleive the omission of a capital letter demonstrates bad grammar, simply the omission of an unnecessary keyboard stroke.
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman

by Last Exile » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:28 pm

Madman wrote:
Ryan White wrote:Madman is the last person on this forum I expected to hear lecture somebody about their grammar. At least IceLee can remember that the first word of a sentence is supposed to start with a capital letter.

Chuck Norris how anal! we r on a forum and you want capital letters at the beginning of a sentence? u must be one of these people who use queens english and punctuation when sending an sms? and i dont beleive the omission of a capital letter demonstrates bad grammar, simply the omission of an unnecessary keyboard stroke.

Why do I get the feeling this could make for a good 'Ask The Ninja' episode?

PS. Use capitals at the start of sentences.

And yes, stoked this series reached TV over here. If only I had digital, lol.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by (mad) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:54 pm

Madman wrote:

you lose the right to correct grammatical and spelling errors when you shorten are to r and you to u. you also managed to make the same kind of grammatical error you were complaining about; you missed out the apostrophe in don't.
(mad)
180 Proof

by Last Exile » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:16 pm

(mad) wrote:
Madman wrote:

you lose the right to correct grammatical and spelling errors when you shorten are to r and you to u. you also managed to make the same kind of grammatical error you were complaining about; you missed out the apostrophe in don't.

He's reverted to leetspeak it seems.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Pirate Man » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:41 pm

Last Exile wrote:

He's reverted to leetspeak it seems.

*sigh*... U spelt 733+ speak wrong, Fail.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Atory » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:47 pm

Ryan White wrote:Madman is the last person on this forum I expected to hear lecture somebody about their grammar.

I am the first.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Madman » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:08 pm

Last Exile wrote:
Madman wrote:

Why do I get the feeling this could make for a good 'Ask The Ninja' episode?

PS. Use capitals at the start of sentences.

And yes, stoked this series reached TV over here. If only I had digital, lol.

Please do not use'lol'. Due to political correctness, you will now need to say'laugh out loud'.
Madman

by Last Exile » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 pm

Naga please. I thought by know people would know I'm not one to adhere to political correctness. :P
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Madman » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:16 pm

(mad) wrote:
Madman wrote:

None of your sentences start with capitals. I can no longer accept this practice. please pay more attention to your sentence structure. You also fail, as how can saying 'more better' be the same gramattical error as the puposeful omission of an apostrophe?
Madman

by Pirate Man » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:43 pm

Madman wrote:

None of your sentences start with capitals. I can no longer accept this practice. please pay more attention to your sentence structure. You also fail, as how can saying 'more better' be the same gramattical error as the puposeful omission of an apostrophe?

Yes but if you correct someone over a grammatical or spelling mistake, make sure what you write is spelt correctly and grammatically correct. Walk the talk, just because your pointing it out doesnt give you the right to be lazy.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by IceLee » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:46 pm

And if anyone points out that my grammar is bad, they have to tell me what I did wrong, not just... point it out and then walk off.
IceLee

by Atory » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:06 am

Pirate Man wrote:doesnt

I saw that without even reading the post... My OCD must be getting worse.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Ryan White » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:43 am

Yep, Atory is the first person I'll allow to gripe about grammar but he has moderator powers so he can just go into the person's post and change the grammar instead of complaining. Madman guessed correctly, I do use correct spelling and grammar in SMS. LOL is allowed on this forum as it is an acronym and they are a part of grammar.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Mappy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:18 am

This thread is made of LOL. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by (mad) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:11 am

Madman wrote:None of your sentences start with capitals. I can no longer accept this practice. please pay more attention to your sentence structure. You also fail, as how can saying 'more better' be the same gramattical error as the puposeful omission of an apostrophe?

1. i never claimed that i use perfect grammar.
2. i omit capitals because i am lazy and believe they are less important than other grammatical issues
3. i was only pointing out that by purposely making grammatical/spelling errors, you lose the right to correct people on them (especially small ones)
4. what is wrong with my sentence structure?
5. when did i say that 'more better' is the same kind of error as the omission of an apostrophe?

EDIT: i also try to use correct spelling and grammar in SMS unless i need to lower the number of characters that i'm using
for those who think it makes a difference - english is not my first language, it is russian, which has notably different grammatical rules. don't be surprised that my grammar isn't perfect. the only place where i use perfect grammar is when coding, when it is absolutely necessary.
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:28 am

Now I know what was wrong with my sentence. " More better", which is actually correct... IN Auslan grammar. Dave told me what I did wrong in my sentence after I was puzzling over it! You're thinking more in hearing's English grammar, whereas I think mostly in half Auslan grammar, half English grammar. (And yes it's quite different.)
IceLee

by edible_hat » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:29 am

Candice does very well for a Deaf person.

I saw a documentary about the Victorian College for the Deaf. One student said that sign language is so different from English that "written English is a complete mystery to me".

edible_hat

by IceLee » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am

Yes, we also hear english differently proably like many of English as second language speakers. I actually cannot hear English pronuctions most of the time!
IceLee

by Atory » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:36 am

Ryan White wrote:Yep, Atory is the first person I'll allow to gripe about grammar but he has moderator powers so he can just go into the person's post and change the grammar instead of complaining.

I don't do that here... I don't have the time to.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Mappy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:02 am

If we mods were to edit the grammar and spelling of every fnarked post, we'd never have the time to post, ourselves. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man