AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Maiden Japan label formed in US, licenses already worrying

by Last Exile » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:55 am

The North American anime distributor Section23 Films announced on Monday that it is releasing the Glass Maiden (Crystal Blaze) television anime series in conjunction with a new label called Maiden Japan (Papillon Rose). The two companies plan to release the science-fiction mystery anime on English-subtitled DVD and digital formats.

This anime production from Studio Fantasia (Agent Aika, Stratos 4, Najica Blitz Tactics) reunites SaiKano's director Mitsuko Kase, series supervisor Masashi Tsukino, and character designer Hisashi Kagawa. The "hard-boiled buddy story" is set in Lags Town, a corner of Asia which symbolizes a negative side of false prosperity. Shu runs a detective agency with his little brother Akira and the girls Manami and Ayaka.

The anime aired in Japan in 2008, and Crunchyroll began streaming the anime in 2009. Maiden Japan reports that it plans to release more animated thrillers in the upcoming months.

(Source: ANN)

I seriously hope that license is the lower end of the scale for them...if not, they'll go belly-up faster than ADV.

Seriously, how does Crystal Blaze get licensed?! Compared to the riches over the last four decades that aren't.

Somewhere in the world, angels are dying...
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: Maiden Japan label formed in US, licenses already worryi

by Dhumahn » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:27 am

I don't even remember this show.....that definately says something about it....
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Mappy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:09 am

I do. And it is terrible.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Hans Stockmann » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 am

I love how ADV's death was more like Charlotte the Spider's death than anything else. Sure the thing kicked the bucket and made a pig cry, but now all its children have emerged to make the exact same mistakes over and over with more frequency.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice