AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Tiger & Bunny and C streaming legally in Australia.

by kiddtic » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:43 pm

The new spring action anime Tiger & Bunny just went live for Australian viewers on ANN.

I'm personally happy about this. The more legal means for me to watch anime the better that region lock thing was barring a lot of anime fans from enjoying shows legally. I beleive it also has HD which seems to be very popular these days. I hope this is the begining of more anime being streamed to coumties other than the U.S.

Edit*

Siren Visual struck a deal with ANN to stream T&B. The first two episodes in SD will be free with consequent episodes being charged at $.99

Link to the full story here

also Siren announced that they have licenced C: for control (thats what they are calling it) they will stream it on ANN as well. This is just awesome Its my most anticipated anime of the year and i have very high hopes for it. We could eventually even see a DVD release. madman better up their game coz Siren is stepping up.
kiddtic
of Kidd's Anime Blog

Madman Licence Blue Exorcist and FMA:Brotherhood Movie

by kiddtic » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Madman anounced at Supanova Melbourne earlier today that they will stream Blue Exorcist for FREE. This isnt the first time they are simulcasting, they previously did FMA:Brotherhood, High School of the Dead and that samurai girls one i despised.

This is a huge step in the right direction atm moment we can watch 3 anime legally from the season. Plus look forward to their releases on DVD.
kiddtic
of Kidd's Anime Blog

Funimation licence Panty & Stocking

by kiddtic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:51 am

Funimation just announced that they licenced Panty & Stocking. They have a couple episodes on their beta site for straming right now. Im not sure if they are going to release it on DVD though. I know crunchyroll doesnt have the show anymore so maybe Funi just got the rights to stream it.

Im not a fan of this show but its certainly very bold of Funi to licence I hope they dub it, im curious to see wht they would do with the script.
kiddtic
of Kidd's Anime Blog

Re: Funimation licence Panty & Stocking

by GarryGod » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 pm

kiddtic wrote:Funimation just announced that they licenced Panty & Stocking. They have a couple episodes on their beta site for straming right now. Im not sure if they are going to release it on DVD though. I know crunchyroll doesnt have the show anymore so maybe Funi just got the rights to stream it.

Im not a fan of this show but its certainly very bold of Funi to licence I hope they dub it, im curious to see wht they would do with the script.

NOOOO !
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

Re: Tiger & Bunny and C streaming legally in Australia.

by Last Exile » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:04 pm

It is an inevitability, Mister Anderson. The sound of your despair. :wink:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:09 pm

kiddtic wrote:Im not a fan of this show

My opinion, in a nutshell.
I don't really care what what Funimation do with it. It's trashy, short-attention span distraction television. Nobody discusses it on any forums because, unlike other shows, there is nothing to discuss. It's just Imaishi continuing to pretend he's an anime director whilst failing to have progressed one iota from the equally pointless Dead Leaves, either in his career or as a human being with a sense of taste. Gurren Lagann was an aberration.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Mappy wrote:
kiddtic wrote:Im not a fan of this show

My opinion, in a nutshell.
I don't really care what what Funimation do with it. It's trashy, short-attention span distraction television. Nobody discusses it on any forums because, unlike other shows, there is nothing to discuss. It's just Imaishi continuing to pretend he's an anime director whilst failing to have progressed one iota from the equally pointless Dead Leaves, either in his career or as a human being with a sense of taste. Gurren Lagann was an aberration.

In other words, it's pretty American and America will like it.
Disgusting...
Last Exile