AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Funimation Adds Rosario + Vampire, Chaos;HEAd, Regios

by GarryGod » Sun May 16, 2010 4:40 pm

The North America anime distributor Funimation has announced at its Anime Central panel on Saturday that it has licensed the Rosario + Vampire, Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Chaos;HEAd, Chrome Shelled Regios, Rideback, Heaven's Lost Property (Sora no Otoshimono), and GUNxSWORD anime series. All of the new titles will ship in 2011 — except for GUNxSWORD and Regios, which will ship in late 2010.

Funimation has also announced the English dubbing casts for Eden of The East, Casshern Sins, and Shikabane Hime. The company is offering a "free ride" to Comic-Con International in San Diego this July to the most ardent Fullmetal Alchemist fan; fans can enter by posting their video pleas on YouTube and http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com/comiccon/.

Takayuki Inagaki (Desert Punk, Indian Summer) and Gonzo's 2008 Rosario + Vampire television series and its Rosario + Vampire Capu2 sequel adapt Akihisa Ikeda's supernatural school comedy manga of the same name. The story follows an ordinary high school boy who fails to get into any private academy except one — which happens to be populated by supernatural creatures (yōkai) disguised as humans. To survive, Tsukune Aono has to pretend that he is also a yōkai and blend in. Viz Media publishes the manga in North America.

Director Takaaki Ishiyama (Viewtiful Joe, Karura Mau) and the MADHOUSE anime studio adapted Nitroplus and 5pb.'s Chaos;HEAd computer visual novel for television in 2008. In this 12-episode psychological suspense series, a shut-in teenager named Takumi becomes embroiled in a series of mysterious deaths around the Tokyo neighborhood of Shibuya, all of which could lead to a larger calamity.

Chrome Shelled Regios began as a series of fantasy academy light novels from Shūsuke Amagi, before Itsuro Kawasaki (Sengoku Basara, Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE The Movie) and ZEXCS brought it to television last year. The 24-episode series takes place in the future when humanity lives in isolated mobile cities called Regios to escape the pollution on the planet. Layfon Alseif enrolls into the Academy city of Zuellni and joins the 17th Military Arts Unit of Nina Antalk.

Atsushi Takahashi (Detroit Metal City anime) and MADHOUSE adapted the 12-episode Rideback television anime series from Tetsuro Kasahara's manga last year. Rideback tells the story of a student named Rin Ogata and her "iron horse" robot motorcycle in 2020, a tumultuous time of anti-government student protests. With her transforming motorcycle and her agility from years of ballet training, Rin joins the fight against the GGP regime that rules the world.

Suu Minazuki created the Heaven's Lost Property (Sora no Otoshimono) modern fantasy manga before director Hisashi Saito (Bamboo Blade) and AIC A.S.T.A. animated it for television last year. The 14-episode series centers around Tomoki Sakurai (Souichiro Hoshi), an ordinary middle school boy and avowed pacifist. A strange girl often appears in his dream to ask for his help — only he cannot remember her face when he wakes up. Then, his life gets more complicated when an unidentified mysterious animal (UMA) falls out of the skies. The "animal" turns out to be Ikaros (Saori Hayami), an angel. Crunchyroll simulcasted this anime in multiple countries worldwide as it aired in Japan.

Code Geass director Goro Taniguchi and AIC A.S.T.A. created the 26-episode GUNxSWORD television anime series in 2005. The anime follows a lone man, armed with a a shape-shifting sword and a powerful Mechanized Armor, who hunts the mysterious clawed man who had murdered his bride. Van is accompanied by Wendy, a girl who offers to be Van's new bride if he can help her find her brother. Geneon Entertainment had licensed GUNxSWORD before it ceased its distribution operations in North America.

i see felli on DVD and thats all i care about XD
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

Re: Funimation Adds Rosario + Vampire, Chaos;HEAd, Regios

by Dhumahn » Sun May 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Geez, there goes my bank balance lol :P
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Last Exile » Sun May 16, 2010 9:52 pm

In before Super Special references. :wink:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Mon May 17, 2010 7:27 am

Proving those who make these decisions at Funimation are always Super Special people. 8)

GarryGod wrote:i see felli on dvd and thats all i care about XD

Fixed. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Mon May 17, 2010 8:46 am

Mappy wrote:Proving those who make these decisions at Funimation are always Super Special people. 8)

GarryGod wrote:i see felli on dvd and thats all i care about XD

Fixed. 8)

Seconded.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Mon May 17, 2010 9:06 am

of course i luv felli i go to such length's as to buy the only figure available of her AND IT DOS"NT LOOK LIKE HERE! :ph34r:
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Mon May 17, 2010 10:40 am

I think I know the one. You actually bought that?
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Mon May 17, 2010 11:19 am

but of course i have it right here still in its box...its a good figure only problem is the eyes.... :ph34r: Image just look at that then theres the real thing? or the animated face Image as of the manga side as well Image
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Mon May 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Oh, it's elegant, shapely and has good colours. But if I didn't know it was Felli, I wouldn't recognise it as Felli.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Tue May 18, 2010 8:27 am

The figure's face-shape and eyes are not quite right. It is like they've taken the mould of another character and applied Felli's characteristics to it. As you can see in the picture, her face is rounder and her eyes more sleepy and with dark, thickset eyelashes. Also the look that she hasn't slept in a while.... the dark rings underneath the eyes look.

It isn't a bad figure, it just lacks that.... intrinsic Felli-ness, for want of a better term.

Oh, and Felli is really the only reason to watch Regios. The series is on the blander side of Index and Kurokami.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Tue May 18, 2010 11:12 am

But Index had no reason to watch it. Which is why they made Railgun to turn Mikoto into a character worth watching. Because there wasn't another reason there.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Hans Stockmann » Tue May 18, 2010 11:47 am

Mappy wrote: The series is on the blander side of Index and Kurokami.

Which means it is to anime what matzah is to a cheese and vegemite scroll.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Tue May 18, 2010 12:19 pm

It was already a problem by mixing vegemite and cheese. -_-
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Tue May 18, 2010 10:15 pm

don't forget the pointless love triangle that goes nowhere! she reluctently fix's his lack of brains with swift kicks to the shins...
followed by...

GarryGod
Net Raider