AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

The Eleven 11s Playlist

by Last Exile » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:03 am

Hans and I somehow got to talking about this on MSN tonight. We had some fun bouncing ideas off of each other. Eventually this was what came up with for an amusing marathon.

Our critera were:

- The list had to start off weak, get mindbending in the middle and finish with epic matieral
- Episode 11s only
- The episode or series had to be notable or have a link to the number 11

After brainstorming, this is what we came up with. First my list, then the slightly amendment Hans made.

11eyes 11 (It has 11 in the title, enough said)
Canaan 11 (THAT scene...)
Umineko 11 (The meal to remember)
Genshiken 11 (Saki having to cosplay as the Kujibiki Unbalance president - priceless yet so utterly twisted)
Ergo Proxy 11 (Did the episode even happen?!)
Paranoia Agent 11 (Shounen Bat loses the game...and so do a bunch of other people)
Welcome to the NHK 11 (Satou thought Hitomi crashing his place was a good thing...he thought wrong!)
Daughter of Twenty Faces 11 (Mindbend, mystery, kidnap, escape...so much happened in the one episode!)
Fullmetal Alchemist 11 (Such a fun episode...never trust a woman with a transmutation circle on her breasts!)
Minami-ke 11 (Chiaki's epic edventure with the pebble, Haruka's unbuttoned shirt + THAT punch, plus lots more)
Code Geass 11 (Elevens, plus this was a truly epic episode that just blew everything out of the water)

Hans's one change to that list would be replacing Twenty Faces 11 with Shin Mazinger 11 and putting it at the end of the playlist. (After all, how can a series that has someone THROWING AN ISLAND not be epic?!)

But we both liked the idea and both agreed on the content and positions aside from that one difference.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: The Eleven 11s Playlist

by Hans Stockmann » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:08 am

It's such a shame that Love Attack was the twelfth episode of Geass R2.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:19 am

Also a pity that Haruhi's epic space battle in series 1 was only 11 in the braodcast order and not chronologically. ><
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Hans Stockmann » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:58 am

One could always knock off 11eyes and plonk the Haruhi one somewhere instead. Broadcast order works better for the flow of the show anyway.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Hans Stockmann wrote:One could always knock off 11eyes and plonk the Haruhi one somewhere instead. Broadcast order works better for the flow of the show anyway.

Well yeah. But last night you said that you insisted that your brain only works with chronological orders for series and that we couldn't include that one.
Disgusting...
Last Exile