AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Tarantino Details Production I.G's New Kill Bill Anime

by Last Exile » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:44 am

New sequence depicts O-Ren dispatching her father's killer

During a Sunday press interview for his upcoming Inglourious Basterds film, director Quentin Tarantino provided more details on the new sequence that Production I.G animated for Kill Bill: The Whole blutig Affair, the final cut of his Kill Bill films. He emphasized that he is not modifying the existing footage, but the one last thing he wanted to add was "a whole new section" to Kill Bill Chapter 3: The Origin of O-Ren. Tarantino said, "I actually wrote a much longer script for the anime section during O-Ren's revenge chapter. Remember the guy with the long hair that kills her father? It's like, what happened to that dude? Well, I wrote it and it was the biggest, most elaborate thing I wrote — her taking him down." Production I.G produced both the original animated footage from the original theatrical run and the new animated footage.

The director explained that the anime sequence was reduced to eight minutes in the original theatrical release because he thought at the time that a longer runtime "may be not the wisest move." Although Production I.G has already produced the new footage, Tarantino plans to go over it with the studio after he finishes the promotion of Inglourious Basterds. Inglourious Basterds opens in North America on August 21.

Source: Sci-Fi Wire via /Film

*shrug* Er...well I guess part of the original was animated. Got no idea what to think about this one. Personally, not a fan of Tarentino.
Disgusting...
Last Exile