Mahou Sensei Negima!: Mou Hitotsu no Sekai
Battle Spirits
Jungle Emperor Leo
Tonari no 801-chan R
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: The October 2009 Season Thread

by Last Exile » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:55 pm

They made a Darker Than Black sequel....

*cry*
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:08 pm

fall of 2009 list of anime to debut... some good some bad and some down right ugly show's coming up...
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Dhumahn » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:12 pm

WHY?? WHY MORE WHITE ALBUM??? :x

...oh well, nothing to see here this season...*Looks towards January 2010*...ooohhh, only 5 months until Cat S**t One starts.... :D
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Last Exile » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Hey...

Kimi no Todoke is FREAKING AWESOME! I'd be amazed if this doesn't end up on the playlist.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:57 pm

Dhumahn wrote:WHY?? WHY MORE WHITE ALBUM??? :x

...oh well, nothing to see here this season...*Looks towards January 2010*...ooohhh, only 5 months until Cat S**t One starts.... :D

oh so u don't like moar nogizaka do you? and queens blade and much much more!!!
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Dhumahn » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:07 am

Well, just on first glance the season just doesn't look all that appealing, save for a couple of titles. Only by actually watching the shows will I then change my stance.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Mappy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:20 am

White Album has the most irritating cast of mentally-challenged individuals ever to have breathed. The only reason to watch it is to make fun of it. And I'd like to see everyone in it get what is coming to them, which is why I'm looking forward to watching and hating the second season. Trouble is, they'll make us RAGE by not giving us the satisfaction of having the characters pay for their stupidity.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Eagerly awaiting To Aru Majutsu no Biri Biri. :)

(Poor Index, side character in her own show, etc)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by GarryGod » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Bazza wrote:Eagerly awaiting To Aru Majutsu no Biri Biri. :)

(Poor Index, side character in her own show, etc)

well beside the fact you spelt the name wrong its not "a certain magical lightning"? and index is not even a main character in the original series she gets less screentime then the main character let alone 3 quarters of the show has nothing to do with her...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Bazza » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:13 pm

GarryGod wrote:well beside the fact you spelt the name wrong its not "a certain magical lightning"? and index is not even a main character in the original series she gets less screentime then the main character let alone 3 quarters of the show has nothing to do with her...

:)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by GarryGod » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:19 pm

Bazza wrote:
GarryGod wrote:well beside the fact you spelt the name wrong its not "a certain magical lightning"? and index is not even a main character in the original series she gets less screentime then the main character let alone 3 quarters of the show has nothing to do with her...

:)

by my calculations bazza+index+new season=
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Bazza » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Something along those lines, yes. I bear a strong infatuation for Misaka, currently, and I was quite pleased to learn of an entire season basically dedicated to her. <3

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:06 pm

It'll be as disjointed and bog-standard as the previous series, and Misaka will probably be as sidelined throughout as Index.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by GarryGod » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:08 pm

Mappy wrote:It'll be as disjointed and bog-standard as the previous series, and Misaka will probably be as sidelined throughout as Index.

so what ur saying is. . . . is crap? more shorts under skirt trap? and just plain episodic series?.....in other words nothing new
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Mappy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:29 am

It is based on a spinoff series of light novels. Not all the novels will concentrate on Misaka, just like the Index series. So what do you think the anime will be like?
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:46 am

Well, I enjoyed the first anime season. It's long been established I'm not terribly fussy over what I watch but I thought it was alright, if not spectacular. Besides, any more Misaka is good. :)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:31 am

That depends on which Misaka you're talking about. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 am

Mappy wrote:That depends on which Misaka you're talking about. 8)

All three versions have their own charms. 8)

Accelerator could have been in control of the worlds' largest harem and what does he do? Kills half of them. :evil: Still, catching the imouto version Misaka deserves a :respect:.

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Dhumahn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:52 pm

Ok, here's a little something that might make Last Exile go over 9000....

http://www.kiddygirl-and.com/index.html
*in moonspeak, so don't try to read lol*

Starts October 15th, in the timeslot where Haruhi currently resides.

Looks like we'll be getting our second Kiddy Grade, even if its not quite what we had hoped for 8)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:21 am

:wow: Do want. :)
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Kobato hopefully another promising CLAMP anime i can enjoy.....or not either way is fine ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhhzAdpIQbA
GarryGod
Net Raider

by GarryGod » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:51 am

ok some new realease's

Kampfer
yeah i was hoping to not touch this one but i did so i am going to cut the crap and say"its crap" there done and dusted

book of bantorra
not the most solid show but it does hold some interesting level of play just gotta get over the "meat" parts

a certain scientific railgun
yeah it came and i watched and i was bored so bad makes the magical index series more understandable but this? this was straight up boring crap'ola i doubt it will turn out good its just that bad...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by GarryGod » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Kobato
finally something worth watching i really enjoyed the atmosphere and design work clamp has done a good job with such a title its something i was hoping to enjoy...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:44 am

This season...

If it wasn't for Kimi ni Todoke...

WOULD BE ABSOLUTE FLOCKING FAIL! :x :x :x :x :x

The Sacred Blacksmith 1-2: What...utter...crap. Fails at medievialness, fails at art, fails at any form of a plot, fails to provide even one interesting character. It's just going to be a service fest pretending to be a medievial adventure series. Dropping it. Not that I was expecting much, but I didn't expect studio manglobe to be the latest perptrator of the moe-fest/DVD-Bluray scam.

Book of Bantorra 1 - Dropped it. For a series trying to be full of action, it's very mind-numbing, not to mention poorly animated, somewhat sleazy and drowning in dialogue.Dropping.

Sora no Otoshimo 1 - The abusrdity and ecchiness is too extreme for me, so dropping. But it was a bit amusing. Not the worst thing I've watched from the October crop.

Kobato 1 - .........I think I'm about to die from diabetes, liver failure and a bunch of other organ failures. This is pretty weak from Clamp, I expect much better from them. Annoying, not funny, disgustingly cute and clearly playing at otaku heartstrings and wallets by overloading the moe factor. Dropping it....

11eyes 1 - I get the feeling that if they ditched the pointless service, focused a bit more on the story and had some proper action, there would actually be a decent series in this. Because I was actually kind of interested at times, but after how much it's watered down by ero-origin genericness, it's not delivering. Sadly, yet another drop....

Trapeze 1 - What...a...joke...At least Bakemonogatari actually tried...This is just intentionally random and stupid. Then I remind myself Toei is directing this...why bother to have expectations...their cost cutting is so evident too when they start using static shots of real people in a lot of scenes...Dropping. My mentor deeply regrets having high hopes for this.

Fairy Tale 1 - *vomit* Tries to be magic, shounen and comedy, but instead ends up being pure nausea. Looks like it as well. Dropping...

Sasameki Koto 1 - It's shows like this which have made shoujo-ai so despised, because they descend into stereotypes and immature behaviour to make any female who likes females stupid. And I get the feeling this title is somehow reipping off Aoi Hana...I see two characters within the first episode of SK that are similar in looks and personality to the two leads from AH...Aoi Hana had style, grace, beauty, a great atmosphere...This has nothing...Dropping.

Seitokai no Ichizon 1 - Geez...for a show that only takes place in one room, which even it admits is a problem, it doesn't try to do much....Heck, it even admits it rips off Haruhi Suzumiya and other series shamelessly....How the hell was this approved to be animated? But I bet people will watch it just for the moe redhead lead. Actually, it's fact. Dropping.

Shin Koihime Muso 1 - Oh dear...being silly sometimes works, but completely paying out the feudal lord era...that's just going too far...Dropping....

Kampfer 1 - Chuck Norris...just when I thought things couldn't possibly get any worse...fails at genderbending and corny fighting...animation is so butt-numbingly bad...voices are ridiculous...and if I actually had dreams/nightmares. I'd have nightmares for years about that ghastly talking tiger plushie. Dropping...

Kiddy Girl And 1 - !!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES! They took what was a great series and turned it into this god-forsaken monstrosity of a sequel?! There is no God....Dropping....

And I'm not going to be stupid enough to try Railgun, the index spinoff, as it's simply a premise for Kuroko to attempt yuri assault on Makoto. Or Asura Cryin 2, which was so bad in its original season. Heck, I almost feel like watching DBT season 2, until I remember how much I depsised season 1.

Man, I'm so glad Kimi ni Todoke is able to counter all the crap relased alongside it this season. Otherwise I'd be so angry right now. I'm still ticked off though. -_- This season is beyong a joke....it's a complete indictment on the indsutry....Geez, Sacred Blacksmith actually looks watchable compared to all the other series i tried the first episode of and dropped...

Guess there's still Nyan Koi, Natsu no Arashi 2nd season and Winter Sonata to try. But I'm now pretty certain Kimi ni Todoke is the ONLY series worth watching in October, unless you want part of your soul to die. A big part...
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:15 am

Try Aoi Bungaku. I found it interesting, if not a little strange.

And I liked Kobato. Though that was more because this season is fairly dead on other things of interest. Second episode of 11eyes got me intrigued, too. Natsu no Arashi II is more of the same. I didn't mind it too much, as it is reassuringly more traditional than Bakemonogatari, though it tends to have the same Shaft visuals that can make the eyes bleed. Oh, and Darker Than Back II.... It looks like they're actually trying, this time. I don't like to say that Darker Than Black is one of the best shows this season, but unfortunately it is.

Kampfer is rubbish. Nyan Koi is amusing but more of a time filler than something I'm dying to follow. Railgun is blah. Sacred Blacksmith makes me RAAAAAAAGE because of their attitudes to western broadswords vs katanas. Manglobe have really gone downhill fast with this show. Didn't like Kimi ni Todoke as much as I thought I was going to, but I'm going to watch it anyway because rubbish season is rubbish. Koihime Musou was a bit of a lark in its first season, so I'm watching the second. Trapeze is the most self-indulgent pile of pretentious C.R.A.P that has ever been S.H.A.T on Japanese tv. Of course I'll continue to watch it. I need something to keep the RAAAAAGE up. And White Album II is blutig hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Again.

Thank God Umineko ran on into this season. I need my weekly dose of Beatroll to make up for what isn't happening elsewhere. This season is making me watch old shows, like Akagi and Kaiji, Itazura na Kiss, Uta-Kata, KimiKiss and Casshern Sins (good thing I held off watching some of these for such a time).

Cheers
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by GarryGod » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Mappy wrote:Try Aoi Bungaku. I found it interesting, if not a little strange.

And I liked Kobato. Though that was more because this season is fairly dead on other things of interest. Second episode of 11eyes got me intrigued, too. Natsu no Arashi II is more of the same. I didn't mind it too much, as it is reassuringly more traditional than Bakemonogatari, though it tends to have the same Shaft visuals that can make the eyes bleed. Oh, and Darker Than Back II.... It looks like they're actually trying, this time. I don't like to say that Darker Than Black is one of the best shows this season, but unfortunately it is.

Kampfer is rubbish. Nyan Koi is amusing but more of a time filler than something I'm dying to follow. Railgun is blah. Sacred Blacksmith makes me RAAAAAAAGE because of their attitudes to western broadswords vs katanas. Manglobe have really gone downhill fast with this show. Didn't like Kimi ni Todoke as much as I thought I was going to, but I'm going to watch it anyway because rubbish season is rubbish. Koihime Musou was a bit of a lark in its first season, so I'm watching the second. Trapeze is the most self-indulgent pile of pretentious C.R.A.P that has ever been S.H.A.T on Japanese tv. Of course I'll continue to watch it. I need something to keep the RAAAAAGE up. And White Album II is blutig hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Again.

Thank God Umineko ran on into this season. I need my weekly dose of Beatroll to make up for what isn't happening elsewhere. This season is making me watch old shows, like Akagi and Kaiji, Itazura na Kiss, Uta-Kata, KimiKiss and Casshern Sins (good thing I held off watching some of these for such a time).

Cheers

kobato is best out of all for me... ITS GOT CHII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long live clamps way of being there for there previous creation's (never watched xxxholic or tsubasa)

i agree %75 on ur choice's... i personally still watch railgun...wait no i don't after they ruined the meeting with toma and misaka over all crap'ola makes index series watchable... sacred blacksmith personally not much of a sword nut myself but if they wanna swing celtic swords with japanese swords thats fine other anime's do it all the time (first squad -_-) kimi ni todoke... not enough space to write about how annoying this is but yeah umineko awesome and saitokai no ichizon i will still watch cause i rather watch STUDIO DEEN characters reference then Hayate p(-w-)q
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Hans Stockmann » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:43 pm

Mappy wrote:This season is making me watch old shows, like Akagi and Kaiji

ざわ‥ざわ‥ざわ‥ざわ‥ざわ‥ざわ‥ざわ‥ざわ‥ざわ‥ざわ‥

Actually, anyone here use tenhou.net? I've been looking for excuses to play some Mahjong lately.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Bazza » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:52 pm

I, for one, utterly adore Railgun. But then again I'm the exact type of person the producers are pandering to, so....

Also, Nyan Koi is a good show in the same way Ichigo Mashimaru and Hidamari Sketch are. Cute girls doing cute things in cute ways. Just sit down, turn your brain off and DAAAWWWWWW.

[/bazzareview]

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:08 am

So Sacred Blacksmith is now trying to outdo Railgun at the 'minderjährigen mädchen seduces the older girl' aspect....

It is getting harder to believe manglobe made Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, Michiko e Hatchin, then moved to this....Then again, J.C. Staff are doing Railgun amongst others. It's all that sells these days over there. *shrug*

But I'm sure several people are delirious from seeing the 'massage' promo already.

At this rate, Kuroko and Lisa are going to have a crossover spinoff.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:55 pm

episode 6 of sacred blacksmith ok now this show reached a whole new low for me... new characters look surprisingly twin image to the main character's jesus talk about design flaw...
GarryGod
Net Raider

the december 2009 season thread

by GarryGod » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:52 pm

aki sora....incest = awesome PV awesome OVA :D
GarryGod
Net Raider

Re: the december 2009 season thread

by Hans Stockmann » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:56 pm

And just why is the thread two down unsuitable for posting this in?
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by GarryGod » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Hans Stockmann wrote:And just why is the thread two down unsuitable for posting this in?

cause its totally a different topic XD
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Dhumahn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:52 pm

No it's not :x
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by GarryGod » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Dhumahn wrote:No it's not :x

have u seen the PV? it makes kiss X sis look like B grade pron :D
GarryGod
Net Raider

by GarryGod » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:02 pm

WAAAAT!!!!!
GarryGod
Net Raider

Re: THE AUTUMN 2009 THREAD

by GarryGod » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:04 pm

well there we go 12 episode of sacred blacksmith and what did i think of it?
complete waste of F@!#$% time! lol the ending was like ok the bad guy got away so lets live are normal lives now...? wut!
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:08 pm

GarryGod wrote:well there we go 12 episode of sacred blacksmith and what did i think of it?
complete waste of F@!#$% time! lol the ending was like ok the bad guy got away so lets live are normal lives now...? wut!

The fact you ever had hopes for it is concerning. :wink:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Last Exile wrote:
GarryGod wrote:well there we go 12 episode of sacred blacksmith and what did i think of it?

The fact you ever had hopes for it is concerning. :wink:

lol not the real problem the problem is the show is like what u get if u cram F.M.A story into 12 episode's and u make a mess of it...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:05 pm

I don't have a problem if people like it or not. It's just that it only takes 1 episode to show where that series is going and what it's really about. After made the stupid decision to watch Speed Grapher the whole way through, I've learnt to be far more decisive with gauging what I watch. Although, it was a bit of a relief to know that Aaron had also stuck out all of that series too. :lol:
Disgusting...
Last Exile