AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Madman Meltdown Sale

by Sufferes » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:07 pm

Shin Tokyo are selling lots of Madman DVDs at reduced prices :mrgreen:

http://www.shintokyo.com.au/madman_meltdown.htm

Also, what should I get? I'm trying not to spend too much though :( Ah! My Goddess interests me, as well as Ghost in the Shell: SAC, and Gunslinger Girl, Kino's Journey, His and Her Circumstances... The choices! Plus, any other recommendations? I can get there at about 12:45 on the 1st day, so nothing should have sold out by then...hopefully :P
I'm the Moustache Maaaaaan!
Sufferes

Re: Madman Meltdown Sale

by Dhumahn » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Pity so many of us don't buy Madman...

*Next TRSI order is being sent out on the 2nd saturday of October for those interested*
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Madman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:03 am

Everyone has different tastes in anime Suffers, but if you were going to buy some of those, my choices would be Ah my Goddess, chobits, Azumanga Daioh, chrono crusade, elfen lied, fruits basket, full metal panic, full metal alchemist, geneshaft, get backers, GTO, gunslinger girl, happy lesson, my hime, please twins, s-cry-ed, stellvia. Phew! Or you could just save your money and watch the fansubs.......
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust

by IceLee » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:03 am

Oh man! now why did I look at the sale page?! *wheeps* Baki the grappler would most likely be gone by tomorrow and im supposed to save some $$ for my wedding shoes.. bummer! I wonder if someone has copies of the entire series (saw the last dvd but want to see the rest as had read the manga...)

p.s ARGH they even have slayers series for sale! *headdesks* Ok im not looking at any more of them , too much tempation!
IceLee

by Madman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:17 pm

You can hire them all from video-ezy ascot park anyway, if you want to see them. They get all Aus anime releases.
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust

by Sufferes » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:26 pm

Madman wrote:Everyone has different tastes in anime Suffers, but if you were going to buy some of those, my choices would be Ah my Goddess, chobits, Azumanga Daioh, chrono crusade, elfen lied, fruits basket, full metal panic, full metal alchemist, geneshaft, get backers, GTO, gunslinger girl, happy lesson, my hime, please twins, s-cry-ed, stellvia. Phew! Or you could just save your money and watch the fansubs.......

lol yeah... I'm thinking of buying the stuff I'm really interested in... like maybe Ghost in the Shell or Initial D season 3 (if I can get seasons 1 and 2 at a better price from Yoshin :) hope his net gets better soon so I can get a reply :( ) . I just found out today I can borrow most of the titles I'm interested in from a friend too :D

EDIT: ok, I bought Gunslinger Girl, but aven't watched it yet. And now I have no money :( May be able to scrounge some up hopefully, and as to what to buy next I'm mainly deciding between Beck, Geneshaft, Ghost in the Shell SAC, or initial D season 3 (Providing Yoshin can sell me seasons 1 and 2... is anyone in contact with him?)
I'm the Moustache Maaaaaan!
Sufferes