Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai 17

...enjoy

oohh 600 posts, lol
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 8th July 2008

by blakus88 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:21 am

I got greeted by a lovely sight when I left Hungry Jacks last night. I made my way to my bus stop around near the Griffins Head and there is a man standing in the park taking a piss just off the path. Wasn't even concealing himself in bushes or anything. Had to walk past it too because there's all this work going on there and areas were blocked off, hence leaving me one direction to go :x .
blakus88

by Last Exile » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:23 pm

Would like to say that Garden of Sinners 2 was the best thing I have ever seen. After a weeklong bout of ailments of every kind and having the worst headache of my life yesterday, 10 minutes of that left me in sheer ecstacy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for playing it.

And I seriously don't care if certain people think I'm crazy for that.

Farewell, Yurie. At least we get Horo as a replacement on the 15th. :)
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Garden of Sinners. I didn't quite get it, but I do believe it would be explained in the next episode(s). Very enjoyable show.

RE: The first playlist item. What. The. Hell.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:18 pm

Knowing some of the Shingetsutan Tsukihime lore/story helps. As in it explains aspects of the Garden of Sinners universe. Because all TYPE-MOON creations are intertwined/related.

In the case of these two, it is the blood curse that one member of a new generation of a curse faimly inherits, making them the head of the family and giving them certain powers. In the case of Akiha from Tsukihime, she needed to regularly partake of blood and was able to create fire. Her brother Shiki possessed the ability to kill anything via the Knife of Seven Nights, which cut the 'Lines of Death'. The female Shiki in Sinners wields the same weapon.

But there's one important thing you need to understand about that episode and the series. Although I picked it up early. Shiki isn't the killer. She was simply trying to scare the guy away because she does care about him, enough to make sure he doesn't get involved. But from the look of the 3rd episode trailers, it looks like the guy has the eyes power. I also thought someone resembling Ciel from Tsukihime was in that trailer too. Note - the actual chronological order for Garden of Sinners is 2, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6, 7. But like in Haruhi Suzumiya, it's better to watch it in broadcast order.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:31 pm

Bazza wrote:RE: The first playlist item. What. The. Hell.

Lyrical Tokarev, KILL THEM ALL!!!! 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:02 pm

Mappy wrote:

Maybe we should play the next episode, just to annoy bazza :twisted:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Ryan White » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:16 am

Dhumahn wrote:
Mappy wrote:

Maybe we should play the next episode, just to annoy bazza :twisted:

I think we should play the next episode because the series is pure gold.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Atory » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:50 am

Ryan White wrote:I think we should play the next episode because the series is pure gold.

And purple, and red, and blue, and green, and orange, and...
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:00 am

There is a consistent theme for the 1st night of the month lately - blood. And lots of it. :)
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:20 am

Dhumahn wrote:Maybe we should play the next episode, just to annoy bazza :twisted:

I never said I didn't like it. Just that it was somewhat zurückgeblieben. 8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Bazza wrote:I never said I didn't like it. Just that it was somewhat zurückgeblieben. 8)

Because Bazza always needs to state the obvious. 8)
Atory wrote:
Ryan White wrote:I think we should play the next episode because the series is pure gold.

And purple, and red, and blue, and green, and orange, and...

You missed vermillion. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:23 pm

Mappy wrote:
Bazza wrote:I never said I didn't like it. Just that it was somewhat zurückgeblieben. 8)

Because Bazza always needs to state the obvious. 8)

That we like to watch anime which includes zurückgeblieben characters, who like to kill 8)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:20 am

It's getting hilarious as to how many people I know on other forums that misinterpreted Episode 2 of Garden of Sinners. And for some reason, they consider the female Shiki to be like Revy from Black Lagoon...How the hell is a conclusion like that plausible?! :?
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Atory » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:07 am

It's not hard to misinterpret an episode of a show that is chronologically the first. What would be the point in explaining everything in the first episode of a show? What would keep someone watching if they already knew the ending? A lot of freeze frames, zooms and pans also doesn't help explain anything.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by blakus88 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:13 pm

Did anyone else think of "A Clockwork Orange" during that scene where the guy is humming "Singing In The Rain" and the sequence ends with images of carnage?
blakus88

by stormy001 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:48 pm

Last Exile wrote:Knowing some of the Shingetsutan Tsukihime lore/story helps. As in it explains aspects of the Garden of Sinners universe. Because all TYPE-MOON creations are intertwined/related.

In the case of these two, it is the blood curse that one member of a new generation of a curse faimly inherits, making them the head of the family and giving them certain powers. In the case of Akiha from Tsukihime, she needed to regularly partake of blood and was able to create fire. Her brother Shiki possessed the ability to kill anything via the Knife of Seven Nights, which cut the 'Lines of Death'. The female Shiki in Sinners wields the same weapon.

But there's one important thing you need to understand about that episode and the series. Although I picked it up early. Shiki isn't the killer. She was simply trying to scare the guy away because she does care about him, enough to make sure he doesn't get involved. But from the look of the 3rd episode trailers, it looks like the guy has the eyes power. I also thought someone resembling Ciel from Tsukihime was in that trailer too. Note - the actual chronological order for Garden of Sinners is 2, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6, 7. But like in Haruhi Suzumiya, it's better to watch it in broadcast order.

The Ryogi Clan has same curse as the Nanaya Clan. Another killer clan exist but it died with the death of teacher in Fate/Stay Night.

And no the dude did not have any power. The villian is Leo Shirozumi, the upperclassman you saw in 2nd movie. He has no Chogun Makashi, Eyes of Death Perception but no less dangerous.

The Ciel like girl you saw in Trailer Movie 3 is Asagiri Fujino, friend of Azaka Koukoto, hero's sister. She can crush everything she sees and found her inner peace in killing people. The rape scene in 3rd movie is straight from the novel, no censors involved.
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Atory » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:09 pm

stormy001 wrote:The rape scene in 3rd movie is straight from the novel, no censors involved.

Is it graphical enough not to make it to the AJAS screen?
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Oh dear...that's guaranteed to make my rage and power levels over 9000.

Well, we did play Elfen Lied episode 5 a few years back.
Disgusting...
Last Exile