AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Playlist - 23rd October 2007

by Dhumahn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:57 am

This week's playlist is as follows:

Claymore 13
Lucky Star 16
Nodame Cantibille 3
Hayate no Gotoku 8 (WARNING!!! Be prepared to gouge out eyeballs!!!!!)
Code Geass 24/25 (final)
Death Note 27
Pumpkin Scissors 19

...enjoy!!!
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Atory » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:33 am

Yay! Nodame Cantabile's moved up... now I get to watch anime!
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Mappy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:25 am

Personally, I think balancing things out a-la....

Claymore
Nodame Cantabile
Code Geass
Hayate no Gotoku
Death Note
Lucky Star
Pumpkin Scissors
Utawarerumono

....would have made a good playlist order, but since things are finishing, and I'm not sure what will end up as replacements (Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei, Darker Than Black, Sayaonara Zetsubou-sensei, Darker Than Black.... I'm not making any suggestions, honest), it's all much of muchness, really. :)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Playlist - 23rd October 2007

by Bazza » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:20 am

Dhumahn wrote:Hayate no Gotoku 8 (WARNING!!! Be prepared to gouge out eyeballs!!!!!)

Speak for yourself. This is my favorite episode. 8)

>>(Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei, Darker Than Black, Sayaonara Zetsubou-sensei, Darker Than Black.... I'm not making any suggestions, honest)

Urge to troll. Rising. :twisted:

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Rasberry » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:30 pm

called into work yesterday, and rostered on this week!
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by Bazza » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Rasberry wrote:called into work yesterday, and rostered on this week!

Sucks to be you, dude.

The last job that tried to roster me on a Tuesday night got a 2 weeks notice instead. 8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

Re: Playlist - 23rd October 2007

by Dhumahn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:48 pm

Bazza wrote:
Dhumahn wrote:Hayate no Gotoku 8 (WARNING!!! Be prepared to gouge out eyeballs!!!!!)

Speak for yourself. This is my favorite episode. 8)

Same here! I'm just giving people ample time to prepare themselves.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Atory » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:59 pm

Mappy wrote:Personally, I think balancing things out a-la....

If that was the playlist order I wouldn't have missed attending any weeks.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:06 pm

Atory wrote:
Mappy wrote:Personally, I think balancing things out a-la....

If that was the playlist order I wouldn't have missed attending any weeks.

Ditto and I'd probably leave at the exact moment Atory does. If you have to ask, you fail.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Ryan White » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:39 pm

Here's a hint, if you want the playlist order changed actually let me know. Atory did last week via MSN and there is a suggestions section of the forum.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Mappy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:54 pm

I was merely looking at things from a drama/comedy/drama/comedy etc etc angle, and trying to push the stronger shows up front. Well, as up front as will balance things out. I think I suggested this to people a few months ago.... I forget when.... but there were a couple of different things playing then, so it doesn't apply as much. 8)

If I knew what the replacement shows were, I could make an amended playlist order in the suggestions section. :)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:41 pm

We will work that out after next OVA night (when both new shows commence playing).
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Atory » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:29 pm

Hopefully we have some good shows on the way... I seem to be roping in a few members.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Bazza » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:42 pm

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai.
School Days.

8)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:14 am

@Atory - You do have a certain allure. :P I told you the women would dig you if you honestly went after them.

@Bazza - For once, I agree with you!

I demand we avoid Clannad though. From my many reliable sources, they are all saying it's worse that Kanon and virtually a dead ringer for Kanon 06. Which makes me wonder why the hell this is broadcasting instead of 2nd season Haruhi.

Whoever is responsible for Nodame Cantabile being on the playlist, thank you so much. I haven't looked forward to seeing another episode of a series or liked a series this much in a long time.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:27 am

Last Exile wrote:I demand we avoid Clannad though. From my many reliable sources, they are all saying it's worse that Kanon and virtually a dead ringer for Kanon 06. Which makes me wonder why the hell this is broadcasting instead of 2nd season Haruhi.

Because Kyoto Animation has a contract with Key to turn their hentai dating sims into anime, which is why they've animated Air, did a better job than the original Kanon and are now producing Clannad. If the shows seem to have repeated issues and styles, it is usually because the same people created the ideas in the first place.

Last Exile wrote:Whoever is responsible for Nodame Cantabile being on the playlist, thank you so much. I haven't looked forward to seeing another episode of a series or liked a series this much in a long time.

Ryan has wanted this on the playlist for a while now, and decided that it was "about time", so you can thank him. :)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:45 am

Mappy wrote:
Last Exile wrote:I demand we avoid Clannad though. From my many reliable sources, they are all saying it's worse that Kanon and virtually a dead ringer for Kanon 06. Which makes me wonder why the hell this is broadcasting instead of 2nd season Haruhi.

Because Kyoto Animation has a contract with Key to turn their hentai dating sims into anime, which is why they've animated Air, did a better job than the original Kanon and are now producing Clannad. If the shows seem to have repeated issues and styles, it is usually because the same people created the ideas in the first place.

Huh?? These were H-games?? Must get at some stage (when I finally get some time to).
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Ryan White » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:48 am

Dhumahn wrote:
Huh?? These were H-games?? Must get at some stage (when I finally get some time to).

Is this sarcasm or is he being serious?
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Dhumahn » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:56 am

Ryan White wrote:
Dhumahn wrote:

Is this sarcasm or is he being serious?

I was being sarcastic, but knowing madman, he'll probably get them first, and then send them to me.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Atory » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 am

Mappy wrote:Ryan has wanted this on the playlist for a while now, and decided that it was "about time", so you can thank him. :)

I also kept at him to put it on since I first started collecting it. We all know how annoying I can be.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Mappy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:45 am

Dhumahn wrote:I was being sarcastic, but knowing madman, he'll probably get them first, and then send them to me.

Yay for Madman's reliable share ratio. 8)
Dhumahn wrote:I was being sarcastic
8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by stormy001 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:47 pm

Nodame Live Action is better than anime, I was very impressed by the drama series. You people should check it out.
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Atory » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:22 pm

I haven't seen it yet but I told Ryan last Tuesday that it looked good at first glance. Now that we have your opinion I must see it!
Atory
UniSAGA President

by stormy001 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:00 am

Atory wrote:I haven't seen it yet but I told Ryan last Tuesday that it looked good at first glance. Now that we have your opinion I must see it!

You gave me too much credit, I have my own taste. You should try Minami- Ke too. Trust me, it is good comedic anime.
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Pirate Man » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:41 am

Mappy wrote:

*Sigh* Wiki is your friend, Clannad is NOT a hentai dating visual novel like Air or Kanon because the fans hated the hentai scenes in Air which had a negative impact with the fans as the visual novel could work without them. Don't know much about Kanon but in Air they re-released the game with the PS2 without the hentai scenes.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Atory » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:09 am

stormy001 wrote:You gave me too much credit, I have my own taste. You should try Minami- Ke too. Trust me, it is good comedic anime.

I always found your taste to be similar to mine, so I trust your judgment. I just read your topic about Minami-Ke and I think I'll check that out too.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Mappy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:53 am

Pirate Man wrote:*Sigh* Wiki is your friend, Clannad is NOT a hentai dating visual novel like Air or Kanon because the fans hated the hentai scenes in Air which had a negative impact with the fans as the visual novel could work without them. Don't know much about Kanon but in Air they re-released the game with the PS2 without the hentai scenes.

Mappy wrote:Kyoto Animation has a contract with Key

Happy now?
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Pirate Man » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:32 pm

Mappy wrote:
Pirate Man wrote:*Sigh* Wiki is your friend, Clannad is NOT a hentai dating visual novel like Air or Kanon because the fans hated the hentai scenes in Air which had a negative impact with the fans as the visual novel could work without them. Don't know much about Kanon but in Air they re-released the game with the PS2 without the hentai scenes.

Mappy wrote:Kyoto Animation has a contract with Key

Happy now?

That made no verdammt sense what I said before.

Clannad is a visual novel rated for everyone. I would assume the reason that Clannad was made for everyone as their games could work without the hentai scenes, for example Air. However as what lastexilesa said I wouldn't put it on the playlist as its more of a drama.

Anyways if it was a hentai, Madman and Dhuman would tell us first waaaay before lastexilesa.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Mappy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:50 am

Simple. Kyoto Animation has a contract with Key to make their games/visual novels into anime. The end.

What this means is that you've made your point about Clannad, but I don't give a shitte because it doesn't actually change what I was saying about KyoAni and Key.

Do not taunt happy fun Mappy. And learn english grammar, or I'll insert an adverb into you. 8)

Feeling at a loose end since your beloved 4chan was ddos'd into oblivion? :roll:
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man