Jungle Wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu - episode 2
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu - episode 9
Last Exile - episode 12
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 1st November 2011 - 00's NIGHT PART 1

by Last Exile » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 am

We've finalised the playlist series appearing on both nights. We're determining the specific episodes now and they will appear soon.

One thing we would like people to keep in mind is the one major hurdle we were always going to have when we hit the 00s was that we were going to encounter years where the majority - if not all - of the audience has seen the big name shows. And we don't want to insult you or make the night predictable by going for too many obvious titles. So the first night is a mix of some AJAS favourites from back then, a couple of obvious titles with episodes that never get old, along with some shows that Mappy, Greg and myself wanted to be played at AJAS. We feel there's more to gain by showing you an episode of something you haven't seen and may end up liking rather than show you an episode you've seen a hundred times over.

Part 2 night (2005-2009) posed even bigger issues with material you're familiar with. So we are going to be even more daring that night. Maybe too daring, but we'd like to think with these playlists, you'll find some shows you like, follow up on, watch in full and be grateful you got to see. There are some things we haven't been able to show due to length, timing and concern that the content won't go down well within the club long term.

So if you don't see the most obvious titles on those nights and are confused/upset, understand we're trying to be refreshing/different on these nights.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by White Demon » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Last Exile wrote:We feel there's more to gain by showing you an episode of something you haven't seen and may end up liking rather than show you an episode you've seen a hundred times over.

Part 2 night (2005-2009) posed even bigger issues with material you're familiar with. So we are going to be even more daring that night. Maybe too daring, but we'd like to think with these playlists, you'll find some shows you like, follow up on, watch in full and be grateful you got to see. There are some things we haven't been able to show due to length, timing and concern that the content won't go down well within the club long term.

So if you don't see the most obvious titles on those nights and are confused/upset, understand we're trying to be refreshing/different on these nights.

Be as daring as you like (within obvious limits of course), the choices of Greg, yourself and any others involved over the past year with regards to what is being played (regular, OVA and the theme nights alike) have resulted in a playlist that is amazing and well balanced. And the theme nights have really opened my eyes to some great stuff from decades past, resulting in my monthy download quotas being pushed to their limits grabbing 70s, 80s and 90s stuff left right and centre.

Looking forward to the next two weeks and hopefully seeing some more stuff that will max out my download quotas even more.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Bazza » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:03 pm

The only problem I have is that this Noughties' night will obstruct Mako-chan's appearance for a further week.

I need mah fix, maaaan.

And you know what? I haven't actually watched anything on that playlist and am aware of the title of about half. And I'm not hard to please in any case. You could play Sailor Moon and I'd enjoy it.

Also: Kaiji was awesome. Not every day do we get a storyline (Japanese or not) that just goes "ficken you, you lose, protagonist". :)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by White Demon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Bazza wrote:I'm not hard to please in any case

It didn't appear that way with regard to the 70s nights.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Bazza » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:50 pm

White Demon wrote:
Bazza wrote:I'm not hard to please in any case

It didn't appear that way with regard to the 70s nights.

Being not hard to please and being impossible not to please are slightly different things. :)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by kiddtic » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:50 am

If this night is meant to appeal to a general audience then why wouldn't you pick the big name titles? Just a thought.
kiddtic
of Kidd's Anime Blog

by Dhumahn » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:02 am

Well, that was never the point of the whole thing.....these nights were meant to be stuff that were good for a general audience, but were slightly more obscure, its like digging for buried treasure really :D
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:38 pm

kiddtic wrote:If this night is meant to appeal to a general audience then why wouldn't you pick the big name titles? Just a thought.

I don't think many people in that room want to see Azumanga Daioh, Fullmetal Alchemist, Haruhi, Code Geass and Death Note for the hundreth time. There really is no point served by it.

We feel there is more to gain by showing you some material besides the blatantly obvious onces in the 00s.

Previous decades, there's major time differences. It was necessary to cover the bigger names.

This time it's different. The degree of familiarity and freshness in the memory is different. The task for us presenting the final 2 nights becomes a different kettle of fish.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:22 pm

playlist updated.....should have the rest by the end of the day :)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn