AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Port Adelaide got owned!

by Last Exile » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way to lose the Grand final by 119 points! OWNED!

:wow:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Rasberry » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:14 am

they were served XD
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by Bazza » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:07 am

Nyaa~

8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:26 am

There was a degree of satisfaction in seeing the Power destroyed so utterly. Their media buildup to the match was full of the kind of arrogance that just spelt "begging for a fall". Geelong deserved to win this year, the way they've played all year.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Ryan White » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:39 am

All the non-Port supporters in my store were having fun taunting the Port supporters. In hindsight I wish I had put a bet down on Geelong winning by over 100 points, the odds would have made that a very profitable move.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Rasberry » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Rasberry
N00bhunter

by Bazza » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:02 pm

I see what you did there...

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

Re: Port Adelaide got owned!

by Pirate Man » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:22 pm

Last Exile wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way to lose the Grand final by 119 points! OWNED!

:wow:

Not as bad as the Crows bombing out on the elimination round against the HAWKS. At least they lose their 'losing games' not lose their winning games. Didn't they say Crows would of kicked the Hawks' ass back then as well?
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by IceLee » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:32 pm

I was laughing in my mind while watching it on the T.V, unable to believe my eyes when I saw the score, and how badly they were playing... I'd have had laughed out aloud if I wasn't being polite.... Let's just say, thank God I wasn't at home or I'd have been kicked out onto the verendah by my port power supporting grandparents XD
IceLee

by edible_hat » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:18 pm

At least they set a new AFL record (biggest losing margin)
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by Rasberry » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:10 pm

was is for good or just for the biggest loosing margin of a grand final
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by White Demon » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:15 pm

I keep hearing everywhere that the way Geelong were playing that no-one could have beat them, but really, from the way Power were playing, it could have been any team in there (and not just from the AFL either) and they still wouldn't have won.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Mappy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:48 am

They seriously played like they didn't want to be there. And they weren't. They just hired drunken hobos to wear their uniform for the day whilst they went sightseeing elsewhere.

And the Crows should have won their game against the Hawks. The Crows player who kicked the ball to the Hawks player within 30 seconds of the final siren should've been hung by the ankles over Alberton Oval on Grand Final day so frustrated Power supporters could vent their frustrations on him. Any way they liked.

But, of course, I think the AFL is shite, so I don't really care. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Rasberry » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:00 am

you seem to know a lot for one that cares not!
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by Mappy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:11 am

That's what happens when you get old. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:09 pm

Port getting owned inspires extreme Schadenfreude nationwide imho.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:56 am

It is amazing the degree to which people have been indulging in schadenfreude since the monumental Grand Final loss Port Adelaide suffered, right from watching the very game to the baiting of Port supporters. you know they deserve it. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by edible_hat » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:48 am

Fromm the communication book at work:

on friday: "Geelong by 30 points."
on Sunday: "I meant 30 points per quarter!"

also, for the schadenfreude, my brother in law is getting the sunday mail framed.
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

edible_hat

by Pirate Man » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:37 pm

Last Exile wrote:Port getting owned inspires extreme Schadenfreude nationwide imho.

Exactly where did your team finished Last?

Coming from a Crows supporter which the team who managed to lose their winning game, then the kangaroos who got thrashed by 100 pts twice, which mind you killed the hawks, I don't think you have nothing much to talk about.

WD to Scott Thompson who managed to kick it out on the full within 30 secs and lost the elimination final in about 5 secs. At least Port Supporters can take it on the chin not like you Crow Supporters who harp on about the Grand Final Loss cause their team can't win their 'winning games'.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by IceLee » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:46 pm

Actually I'm a St Kilda Saints supporter. I just find it laughable how port lost actually because it served them right for the display of arrogance over the days leading up towards the Grand Final, and not even caring that we all have different tastes or likes. I've heard of Port supporters beating other team supporters up just because they support different teams, so don't start yelling at Mendes or anyone for Port's loss because they didnt play well, they didnt focus on the game, instead they focused on how good they are, and inflated their own egos. I've watched the game, I've seen them go, "Oh I can't be bothered to do this or that." You guys deserved a bit of ribbing. I work with a port power supporter and she was decent, she didnt go all rabid over our team choices, because we all are different.

Port power in my opinion, needs to pull their socks up, shut up and get on with the game, get out of the media lime light like Geelong Cats did, and well, their fault for losing.
IceLee

by Ryan White » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:47 pm

At least the Crows can win the Grand Finals they manage to get into ~Schadenfreude.
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by IceLee » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:48 pm

Ryan White wrote:At least the Crows can win the Grand Finals they manage to get into ~Schadenfreude.

Ryan's right on that.
IceLee

by Pirate Man » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:19 pm

IceLee wrote:Actually I'm a St Kilda Saints supporter. I just find it laughable how port lost actually because it served them right for the display of arrogance over the days leading up towards the Grand Final, and not even caring that we all have different tastes or likes. I've heard of Port supporters beating other team supporters up just because they support different teams, so don't start yelling at Mendes or anyone for Port's loss because they didnt play well, they didnt focus on the game, instead they focused on how good they are, and inflated their own egos. I've watched the game, I've seen them go, "Oh I can't be bothered to do this or that." You guys deserved a bit of ribbing. I work with a port power supporter and she was decent, she didnt go all rabid over our team choices, because we all are different.

Port power in my opinion, needs to pull their socks up, shut up and get on with the game, get out of the media lime light like Geelong Cats did, and well, their fault for losing.

Last Exile is a Crow's Supporter, he really hasn't got much to talk about since his team did lose their winning game in 30 secs and he did start this thread or was the author Ice Lee? So 'nuff said he deserves a rip into since he has the nerve to start a thread about Port's grand final 119pt loss. I weren't aiming at anyone but Last Exile since he was digging his own grave by starting this thread and you decided to jump into it as well :).

Port did win a Grand Final in 2004 but shame they can't win other grand finals but at least they made it.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by IceLee » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Ha! Then I suggest you read the story " The Hare and the Tortoise", PirateMan.
IceLee

by Ryan White » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:26 pm

All the negative attention Port is getting from losing the Grand Final is their own fault, they built up the hype and then failed to deliver.
When the Crows managed to get into the Grand Final even their supporters were in shock, they sucked and everybody knew it. The shock was even worse the next year.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Last Exile » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:48 pm

1997 and 1998 was all about momentum. Those years the Crows had awful starts and so-so middle seasons. But they had the momentum coming into the finals and on those days they played at their peak. That culminated with the awesomeness of Darren Jarman, the only good forward Adelaide ever had, was all that was needed.

Since then Adelaide has not had a forward line and until they actually bother to make a concerted effort to recruit/trade to make one, I wouldn't place any expectation on them being a premiership side. Making the finals will be enough. The rest is detail. Because in the end, people will only remember two things from a season: those who made the 8 and moreso the won that won the Grand Final. A season where Adelaide had nearly every tall play injured long term and virtually no forward line, making the 8 was a miracle in itself and more than enough for me.

Sumamry: As Michaelangelo Rucci has been saying since 1999, GET A FORWARD LINE!

But what White said was true. Most Crows fans don't expect them to pull it off where the Power always expect it to be pulled off. So when it happens, the Crows are elated while the Power just walk away when they lose what they're expected to win...which is anything.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by edible_hat » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:05 pm

The Crows and their supporters talked and acted like they expected everyone else to let them win so whats-his-face could retire with a premiership. Even my one-eyed crow supporter of a brother in law admitted that.

edible_hat

by Mappy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:54 pm

As a distant Crows supporter, I understand that everything that they've been made of for the last 17 years has been Fail. That's why it is so much sweeter when they win. After all, I'm an equidistant Norwood supporter. Haven't had much to smile about since 1997. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

History in the making?

by Kimosabe » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:45 pm

It has to be said, that when they sang "we're history in the making", that probably wasn't the history that they were hoping to make...
=== Jornada 620LX == === ASUS EEE 4G ===
Hitachi SH-3 @ 75MHz Dothan 630 - 900MHz
16MB RAM // 512MB 2GB Kingston 667 RAM
Windows CE v 2.0 8GB Kingston SDHC
HPCFactor Network SP Windows XP Custom
Kimosabe

by Mappy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:04 pm

They were history, alright. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man