AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Wrecked Commodore sightings thread.

by Bazza » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:21 am

Kids crash their cars all the time, not the least bit interesting. But not every day does a kid crash a car in front of your house on a quiet side street.

Here's the kicker: This kid was around 14ish, and the car wasn't his. He had stolen it previously. He turns off Whites road, comes into the 90 degree corner on my road way to fast and slides across the road right into the stately gum tree that resides on the kerb on the far side of the road.

One wonders how fast he would have been going, because I've taken that corner at *cough40kphcough* with results not nearly as spectacular as this.

So he smashes into the tree, car is instantly totaled, and so is this kid. It becomes apparent he wasn't wearing a seatbelt as he staggers out of the car, and, uh, tries to run away (this is what first told me the car was stolen). His ankle was pretty messed up, but any other injuries he sustained would have been hidden by the jumper he was wearing.

Looking back on it, I could have become an hero by 'detaining' this kid until the police arrived (ie. beating the scheiße out of him, cops wouldn't have been able to tell what was mine and what was the trees), kind of disappointed that I didn't think of it until after he had hobbled around the corner and long since disappeared. Would have been damn satisfying too. The only thing I despise more then a chav is a chav who steals someones car.

[lightbox]http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4348/untitledyq0.gif[/lightbox]

Another item of note was that this particular Commodore was running on gas, which was leaking from the engine bay, resulting in a timely appearance from the fire brigade.

On a positive note, there is now one less VK Commodore on my roadz, cloggin' my lanez. 8)

zu lange nicht gelesen, kid steals car and crashes it.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:14 pm

Well, he might have been armed. Don't lose any sleep over this. Just be glad he didn't actually hit your house or anything around it.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Just goes to prove that all kids are stupid, now matter how smart they think they are.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by edible_hat » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:01 pm

I bet his parents blame the cops.
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by Bazza » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:51 pm

On a related note, I saw someone plant their Red Toyota Celica* into a house front on Windzor Street in Salisbury earlier tonight. I still dont know how he did it: flat, straight road, 50kph limit etc, dryish weather. I am amazed at how some people manage to end their car's days. :?

*It probably would have made the 6:00 news or will make the late news. Look out for the black Skyline with the Domino's driver. 8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by michu_kitty » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:11 pm

It happens somehow even on straight roads with the speed limit being 50. One car, happened to hit a pole at the front of my house, and I saw another car on Martins Rd, a cute little Barina slammed in a pole. Don't mess with the poles, lol... They do big damage!
michu_kitty

by Mappy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:00 am

Trees, signs and stobies usually wait until nobody is looking before jumping out and mauling passing cars, dragging them back to the side of the road to feed. This story is true, according to the purple fairy that sits on my shoulder. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Ryan White » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:13 am

It's like those poles that sneak up and bite your bumper after you've had a few pints.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Mappy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:16 am

I see you've met the same purple fairy. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:40 am

Mappy wrote:I see you've met the same purple fairy. 8)

Is her name Reinforce II? If so, then I've met her too. :)

I have also been attacked by a small tree. However Shana fought back. That tree is now mostly wood chips. :twisted: Alas, she did not come away unscathed. Her front bumper now carries a stark reminder that driving fast while looking for houses is not a good idea. :cry:

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by asurin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:05 pm

I hope that you have a good excuse for not putting the kid back in the car and lighting it. :twisted:

Ok, I wouldn't do that.
Cops might have got him anyway when he showed up at the hospital with his mum.
Purveyor of live action Japanese TV shows.
asurin

by Mappy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:52 pm

Some of these kids should be used as crash test dummies. Their behaviour certainly denotes an enthusiasm for the job. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:41 am

This is now a wrecked Commodore sightings thread.

White VL Commode said "OMGHAI2U" to a bus stop shelter at Hollywood last night. Sadly, I think the car will be OK. The same can't be said for the shelter. :cry:

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:31 am

Looks like the Skylines are still winning the "most enjoyed seeing wrecked" poll. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:00 am

Mappy wrote:Looks like the Skylines are still winning the "most enjoyed seeing wrecked" poll. 8)

It's tied with the Falcodore. :wink:
But it's also winning the "Least actually being wrecked" poll.

Could someone *please* wreck their SI Skyline Silhouette?
Preferably by running into something traveling forwards. Shana needs an LSD but I can't find one. :cry:

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:54 pm

Bazza wrote:
Mappy wrote:Looks like the Skylines are still winning the "most enjoyed seeing wrecked" poll. 8)

It's tied with the Falcodore. :wink:

Yes, but it is ahead all by itself and with little prompting. 8)

Bazza wrote:But it's also winning the "Least actually being wrecked" poll.

I don't know why, as pretty much to a car every one of them is driven by someone who can't drive. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:21 pm

Some will die in hot pursuit in fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit will sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanhce coming down the mountain
Disgusting...
Last Exile