AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Ben Cousins - Tool of thear year, maybe even decade?!

by Last Exile » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:51 pm

This is just mystifying. He's got just about everything a person could want. Money, fame, adoration, the Brownlow, the Premiership.

Yet he has to affiliate himself with the underworld, get Michael Gardner booted, fless from police at a drink drive test, gets busted for excessive drinking last year. And now it's come to him being a booze and drug addict, ruining his relationship with his girlfriend and beng suspended indefinitely from the West Coast Eagles.

Three things I ask myself:

1. Why, would someone who has such achievements by his mid-late 20s, do that to himself?

2. Why the hell didn't West Coast do something, like, about 5 years ago?

3. Why do players acting like idiots in public or getting in trouble with the law get a slap on the wrist while Simon Goodwin betting on a couple of matches not related to his side have to take the Ben Cousins saga to trump the media frenzy that went after him?

I then say to myself:

1. As I told Mappy before, all people want to kill themselves faster, even if they're successful.

2. Clearly a prermiership matters more than the wellbeing of their players. Look at the shambles Daniel Kerr is off the field on top of Cousins. Now that they have the premiership tucked away, they admit the problem they've known about to be out of control for over a year.

3. Because Andrew Demetriou is a arschloch and needs to harden the fark up and take actions to prevent this getting out of hand. If David Gallop was in charge of the AFL, he'd have gone after this years ago.

PS. Does anyone know which WCE player was one step away from dying during their trip in Vegas?

If this keeps up, maybe Adelaide or Fremantle can pinch the preimership this year after all. That is, if Adelaide has any tall players left standing or Fremantle don't have half the team suspended.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:37 am

I personally think this is the result Cousins might have wanted all along. The tendency by the media et al to try to turn sporting stars into role models, despite the fact that they're worshipped more for their sporting abilities rather than their voluminous intelligence and glittering personalities, just doesn't sit well with some people. Everything Cousins has done in the last six months, alone, tells me that he wants the football world to ficken off, despite the $$$ it adds to his bank account.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:57 am

There's better ways to do it though. 'Spider' Everitt and Barry Hall used to be the bad boys of AFL for years and now they're idolised despite hardly being media friendly or acting like role models.

Andrew Demetriou needs to take a harder line. 3 strikes for the AFL is a joke. It should be 1 strike, cya later. Jeff Gallop took a harsh line on the NRL problems 5 years ago and now that code is a lot cleaner. Demetriou and Adrian Anderson need to grow a spine or AFL will slowly slide in terms of player behaviour.
Disgusting...
Last Exile