AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Policeman wanted for robbing post office

by Mappy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:29 am

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/389909

Friday, November 10, 2006 at 05:00 EST

MAEBASHI — Investigators are searching for a policeman wanted on suspicion of robbing a post office in Gunma Prefecture on Wednesday and making away with about 135,000 yen in cash. Police on Thursday obtained an arrest warrant for Takao Osari, 44, an officer of the Saitama prefectural police force, and placed him on a wanted list.

Osari allegedly demanded money while threatening a female clerk with a knife at the Serata post office in the city of Ota, Gunma Prefecture, at around 4:40 p.m. Wednesday, police said. Osari, a resident of Isesaki, was hired as a policeman by the Saitama prefectural police in 1981. He has been a patrolman at the Kazo Police Station in Kazo, Saitama Prefecture, since March 2002, police said.

135,000 yen.... That's what.... $1500 Australian...? The take-home pay of the average Japanese cop must be righteously shite....
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Psike81 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:57 pm

In Malaysia , the federal government put off a motion to increase to an index rate of salary for police personnel .

"We can discuss this later when ALL the money isn't being spent on economic development" ... paraphrased .

At present , it stands at RM450 per month not inclusive of perks such as housing , etc.

In Australian terms , that's ~AUD 160 per month . [/b]
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81

by Mappy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:54 am

Like anywhere else, Malaysian politicians are good at talking pferdescheiße. Is it any wonder that the best criminals tend to be cops?

Except for this Japanese guy. Way to go to screw up your life for so little recompense....
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Mappy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:15 am

Wanted policeman nabbed over post office robbery

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/390231

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 14:04 EST

MAEBASHI — Police on Monday arrested a 44-year-old rank-and-file policeman who had been wanted on suspicion of robbing a post office in Ota, Gunma Prefecture, last week, they said. Police also suspect Takao Osari, an officer from the neighboring Saitama prefectural police force, was involved in three other unresolved post office robbery cases in Gunma Prefecture.

According to police, Osari demanded money while threatening a female clerk with a kitchen knife at the Serata post office in Ota at around 4:40 p.m. Wednesday and made away with 135,000 yen in cash along with other materials. Police placed him on a wanted list the following day after they confirmed the getaway vehicle was possessed by Osari's wife and witnesses suggested the attacker had physical features similar to Osari's.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man