AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

World Hot-Dog Eating Champ wolfs down 97 hamburgers

by Mappy » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:50 am

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/388859

Monday, October 30, 2006 at 07:45 EST

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn — Takeru Kobayashi, the world hot dog eating champion, retained his Krystal Square Off III World Hamburger Eating Championship in Chattanooga, Tenn, on Saturday, ESPN reports.

Kobayashi, nicknamed "Tsunami," beat the previous world record of 69 burgers by downing 97 of Krystal's square hamburgers in the eight-minute contest. Joey "Jaws" Chestnut finished second with 91 hamburgers, and Patrick Bertoletti came in third with 76.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by stormy001 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:20 pm

holy cow. I can't even finish 3 normal burgers despite my enormous appetite.

AFAIK, Krystal burgers is small sized ones, 5-6 of them equals to one normal burger.
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Ryan White » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:52 pm

I'm starting to feel hungry now. Aren't the Japanese small in stature? Where the hell did all those burgers go?
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Dhumahn » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:44 pm

Ryan White wrote:Aren't the Japanese small in stature? Where the hell did all those burgers go?

Kind of like the scene in which the question asked is "Where did Mr. Sagara put all of his weaponry" in FMP Fumoffu...the Japanese won't tell you anything about their feats, will they.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Last Exile » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:49 pm

Actually White, the Japanese win a lot of eating contests. Stature doesn't necessarily equate to how much a person can eat. It's more related to leptin signalling, the shape of the stomach and other factors. If you can trick your system into not feeling full or simply rush the system before it can react, it's possible. The thing with Fuu in Samurai Champloo being one heck of an eater despite being petite wasn't a stretch of the imagination. It's quite plausible.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Atory » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:27 am

I pity the Fuu!
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Rasberry » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:05 am

if i am not mistaken, there is an eating disorder, notmally when a person eats a lot the body sends the signal to the brain, i am full now... where as the person with the disorder does not feel this signal and the brain still beleives the person is still hungry and hence they want more and more food!
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by Mappy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:08 am

Last Exile wrote:Actually White, the Japanese win a lot of eating contests. Stature doesn't necessarily equate to how much a person can eat. It's more related to leptin signalling, the shape of the stomach and other factors. If you can trick your system into not feeling full or simply rush the system before it can react, it's possible. The thing with Fuu in Samurai Champloo being one heck of an eater despite being petite wasn't a stretch of the imagination. It's quite plausible.

Atory wrote:I pity the Fuu!

Boomboom ting!

Rasberry wrote:if i am not mistaken, there is an eating disorder, normally when a person eats a lot the body sends the signal to the brain, i am full now... where as the person with the disorder does not feel this signal and the brain still beleives the person is still hungry and hence they want more and more food!

I know how they feel.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by stormy001 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:23 pm

Well his metabolism must be awesome. To process that much of food.
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Psike81 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:17 pm

Its probably a case of 8 mins in ... 8 mins later out
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81

by Last Exile » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:17 pm

One way to really trick the body would be to not eat for a couple of days. Then the body would simply just go ballistic the moment food hits the sytem and keep asking for more.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Seven Of Four » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:42 pm

Last Exile wrote:One way to really trick the body would be to not eat for a couple of days. Then the body would simply just go ballistic the moment food hits the sytem and keep asking for more.

That has got to be the dumbest idea ever... the less you eat the less your body becomes accustomed to burning solid foods. Eating more after you eat nothing will do more damage to your body. To atune your body to mass amounts of food is to eat alot on a daily basis and over exercise everyday to counter the food. My god... you did biology? Even if you didn't do bio you should know this. Don't try this at home kids, don't listen to the uneducated or unwise.
Seven Of Four

by Ryan White » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:09 am

Being starved of food and then suddenly consuming a large amount can have fatal side effects.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Psike81 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:43 am

Well I guess not more "skipping meal" for either a 12" pizza or "buffet" ... :D
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81