AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

An anime vote + something in it for all of you (READ THIS!)

by Last Exile » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:12 am

Members of AJAS and all anime fans,

On the 28th of October on the 2chan BBS, the final of the Saimoe tournament, the deciding day for which girl is truly the queen of Moe, will be held.

The finalists are Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden and Fate from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. The voting will be open all day via the 2chan BBS.

This following link gives an explanation on how to vote:

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9238/1 ... 771rc5.jpg

Now, since several of you know I ain't a fan of 2chan or 4chan, you may ask why I am letting you guys know about this. There is a simple and potent reason. Kiety, one of my fellow guildies, who makes no secret about his love of moe and ecchi in general, especially Fate/Stay Night and Fate from that series I mentioned before, yet somehow has a devoted girlfriend, is obsessed with Fate winning. Normally I wouldn't care but after seeing the pictures of that 9 year old, I can't let that girl be #1. Especially after Shana lost in the semi finals.

Here is a link to the picture of the final 2. (Link because I know White will kill me if I showed the picture directly here because it has the F-word in the Moe motto. Yes, warning about the f-word. I do respond to warnings, sorry about the previous indiscretion, White.)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/La ... DDAMIT.jpg

Knowing a lot of you are Rozen Maiden fans and that 'some'of you have a decent grasp on what is good, decent and legal in this world, I am asking that you vote for Suiseiseki.

I know what you're thinking - what possible incentive could I possibly offer you to do such a thing? One that will appeal to each and every single one of you. If you guys do vote for Suiseiseki and she wins, the next time I am at AJAS after the final voteoff, which may be this coming Tuesday, each person who voted gets to hit me above the equator once. Just once. Or if you wish, you can get White to do the whole lot since we all know the power of his arms.

So on October 28, vote Suiseiseki. Do it to tick off a bunch of people that are far dodgier than Bazza and Madman combined. (PS. You 2 are alright btw, all good). Do it because you know you've all been wanting to crack me one for a while now, since I probably deserve it anyway. ;)

That is all. Good luck to anyone with exams in November.

This is not a prank topic, this is a serious post. As the vote's motto goes - Moe = Serious F***ing Business!
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by stormy001 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:16 am

I lost interest in saimoe thingy when Rin Tohsaka lost.
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Jim Woolford » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:06 pm

I must never visit the boards this things are on. What a waste of time.
JTW
Jim Woolford
They call him.... JIM

by Atory » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:37 pm

Jim Woolford wrote:I must never visit the boards this things are on. What a waste of time.

Amen.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:12 pm

Suiseiseki won by 40 votes, although there's a claim her side tripled voted a lot.

Since I know after the comments in this thread only 1 person would have dared to vote, 1 hit only. White, you get a free hit above the equator Tuesday night.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Ryan White » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:27 pm

Last Exile wrote:Suiseiseki won by 40 votes, although there's a claim her side tripled voted a lot.

Since I know after the comments in this thread only 1 person would have dared to vote, 1 hit only. White, you get a free hit above the equator Tuesday night.

You're safe from harm. I didn't vote for a number of reasons. Yesterday I was either asleep or at work, don't read Japanese well enough for 2chan not to give me a headache and I don't find Suiseiseki moe in the least bit (Truth is I'd rather hit her in the back of the head with a brick than show any affection.)
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Mappy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:55 pm

Ryan White wrote:You're safe from harm. I didn't vote for a number of reasons. Yesterday I was either asleep or at work, don't read Japanese well enough for 2chan not to give me a headache and I don't find Suiseiseki moe in the least bit (Truth is I'd rather hit her in the back of the head with a brick than show any affection.)

Indeed. Why anyone would watch Rozen Maiden for any other reason than Suigintou, I have no idea. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:11 pm

Mappy wrote:Indeed. Why anyone would watch Rozen Maiden for any other reason than Suigintou, I have no idea. 8)

How dare you!

edit: zomg 100 posts 8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:16 pm

Moe is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:37 pm

Looks like the desu desu desu sow is going to infect even here. 8)

edit: zomg 300+ posts. -200 hit points to Bazza. :wink:
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man