AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Telepathy Girl Ran

by White Demon » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 am

With my memory/interest on this anime rekindled last night, I have to ask: would Telepathy Girl Ran/Telepathy Shoujo Ran be a possibility for the playlist?

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=5655
For those who don't know what it is, here's a short description. Ran, a girl in middle school (junior high), suddenly develops telepathic powers and is able to communicate with another girl, Midori, and is able to see/hear other people's thoughts/memories simply by touching them. Ran at first doesn't want to accept her powers but soon the two become friends. Together with Rui (Ran's love interest), they take on cases with a psychic slant, working out what has happened and where applicable, what needs to be done to resolve the situation.

Personally, I think that this would make a great addition to the playlist, since it's not of the Yuri/lolicon*/etc slant that some people seem to hate, it has more of a serious tone to it, but at the same time doesn't take itself too seriously all the time, and has some school life segments too (think Azu Daioh/Lucky Star, the latter of which people did like).

What do others (particularly the ones in charge of the playlist) think? I'd like to hear some comments.

*I did NOT type shotacon, and I wouldn't describe it as that either

(ps Why I called it 'Detective' last night - as I was downloading/watching it last year, I'd come to know it just as 'Ran', and with only about a minute to try and remember what the hell it's full name was, Detective was the word that came into my head. That was why I said I didn't know if I had the name exactly right last night, and the adventures in Ran do involve detective work, only psychic based.).
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

Re: Telepathy Girl Ran

by Mappy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:47 am

I'll be finishing the series, soon, so I'll tell you then what I think of it.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Telepathy Girl Ran

by Mappy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Mappy's Verdict: "And I would've gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those pesky telepathic kids".

Mystery show on the same level as Scooby Doo, sans dog. Or, more correctly, Miyori no Mori meets Ghost Hunt. Which is a bit of an insult to Ghost Hunt. Not great. Watchable, but not AJAS playlist material.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man