AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

i suggest we DO NOT!!! watch the new haruhi season

by GarryGod » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:39 pm

ok i am serious guy's this new haruhi is a complete waste i mean its been 4-5 new episode's ok and there's been a complete groundhog day affect since episode 2 of the new season i am totally telling you this cause well i had to voice my rage for this stupid attempt of a new season of garbage... thank you hope u have a nice day :D
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

Re: i suggest we DO NOT!!! watch the new haruhi season

by Bazza » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:43 pm

KyoAni: God tier trollan

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:58 pm

I prefer to think that KyoAni made nothing after FMP Fumoffu.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:00 pm

i second that motion... haruhi-chan is the FUMOFFU to the melancholy series nothing good would ever come of this 2nd season NOTHING!!!
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Hans Stockmann » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Last Exile wrote:I prefer to think that KyoAni made nothing after FMP Fumoffu.

The Second Raid had Gates. That alone made it worthwhile.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Mappy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:45 am

My comments on the Random Curiosity blog about Endless Sheight:

Mappy wrote:Once more the fandumb over Endless Eight continues….

I stopped watching this after the second E8 episode. I actually follow it in places like this blog, because it has been more interesting that way, but the repetition of comments and criticisms (from both sides of the fence) are starting to feel like Endless Sheight, itself. I am not immune, as I’ve tended to say the same thing, over and over. What follows is unlikely to be any different.

In the planning stages, this must have looked like a really interesting idea: to convey the boredom Yuki is feeling through the seemingly mindless repetition by showing that repetition on-screen.

At the same time, a studio that has been criticised for not giving people the Haruhi second season immediately after the first in 2006 (and giving them Key adaptations, Lucky Star, K-ON and Muntofail instead) has the opportunity to hit back by making the fans understand the full, horrifying reality of being “careful of what you wish for”.

However, the viewing audience isn’t like Yuki. At all. Whilst Yuki is trapped in the repeating world, the viewing audience isn’t. They can tune out whenever they wish. And they have been. Sure, the die-hards are holding on for dear life, but with E8 running through the arrival of the new anime season, there are so many shiny new shows to take the innately inherent ritalin-munching anime fan attention away from Haruhi that it surely has to be suffering in terms of ratings. Not that that matters much, with so many people watching it online, these days, but still.

And it certainly wasn’t going to please the KyoAni detractors. KyoAni can now (justifiably) stand up and say “see, we knew we wouldn’t be able to please you, so we’re never returning to Haruhi again”. One feels that they might have even done this to kill off Haruhi for good. Or, at the very least, the demands that they make more.

*shrug* Whatever happens, now, will happen. I was hoping for a decent Vanishment arc, but that’s looking less likely with each episode, now.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by GarryGod » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Mappy wrote:My comments on the Random Curiosity blog about Endless Sheight:

I stopped watching this after the second E8 episode. I actually follow it in places like this blog, because it has been more interesting that way, but the repetition of comments and criticisms (from both sides of the fence) are starting to feel like Endless Sheight, itself. I am not immune, as I’ve tended to say the same thing, over and over. What follows is unlikely to be any different.

In the planning stages, this must have looked like a really interesting idea: to convey the boredom Yuki is feeling through the seemingly mindless repetition by showing that repetition on-screen.

At the same time, a studio that has been criticised for not giving people the Haruhi second season immediately after the first in 2006 (and giving them Key adaptations, Lucky Star, K-ON and Muntofail instead) has the opportunity to hit back by making the fans understand the full, horrifying reality of being “careful of what you wish for”.

However, the viewing audience isn’t like Yuki. At all. Whilst Yuki is trapped in the repeating world, the viewing audience isn’t. They can tune out whenever they wish. And they have been. Sure, the die-hards are holding on for dear life, but with E8 running through the arrival of the new anime season, there are so many shiny new shows to take the innately inherent ritalin-munching anime fan attention away from Haruhi that it surely has to be suffering in terms of ratings. Not that that matters much, with so many people watching it online, these days, but still.

And it certainly wasn’t going to please the KyoAni detractors. KyoAni can now (justifiably) stand up and say “see, we knew we wouldn’t be able to please you, so we’re never returning to Haruhi again”. One feels that they might have even done this to kill off Haruhi for good. Or, at the very least, the demands that they make more.

*shrug* Whatever happens, now, will happen. I was hoping for a decent Vanishment arc, but that’s looking less likely with each episode, now.

focken mappy trust the illegitim to write out a paragraph of this show is beyond me all i can say is "haruhi started sh!t and is going sh!t" end story hope it dies in a firey inferno :D
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Mappy wrote:My comments on the Random Curiosity blog about Endless Sheight:

HAIL TO THE CHIEF!

Epic Mappy wit strikes again. :)
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by ARTA8SIMS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:35 pm

OK, EP8 is fine but the endless 1 I think we should just watch the very 1st 1 and a random 1 in the middle and the end of it and forget all other BX eps. :x
ImageImage
Anime collection HDD1: 552GB / 931GB Still going up.
Anime collection HDD2: 804GB / 931GB Still going up.
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by xandox » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:49 am

Turns out even Hitler is pissed at the direction Haruhi is going...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSg02Ll20s
xandox

Location: Well Duh! Posting in the forums! (You're trying to trick me aren't you?)

by White Demon » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:33 pm

ARTA8SIMS wrote:OK, EP8 is fine but the endless 1 I think we should just watch the very 1st 1 and a random 1 in the middle and the end of it and forget all other BX eps. :x

Why do we even need one in the middle? I say watch the first and last and be done with it.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by ARTA8SIMS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:35 pm

ImageImage
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by GarryGod » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:19 pm

GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:24 am

I have a proposition.

I have to credit Rasberry for this one. At AvCon, he spoke about the one way to get Tekka out of your face when he's dogging you.

KyoAni are trolls and attention whores.

And what is the best way to negate such a thing and make them meangingless/move on?

Ignore them!

We know what to expect from these guys. Either ignore Endless Eight completely or ignore all the new episodes.

And if that fails, we need a crazy facist dictator to do our dirty work. Under the current world circumstances, Vladmir Putin may be our man.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by GarryGod » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Haruhi Suzumiya's Endless Eight Arc Confirmed to End

Newtype magazine to mark ending in next Monday's issue

An early copy of the September issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine has confirmed that the current Endless Eight arc of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya television anime series will end this week. The Newtype issue will officially ship on Monday. The Endless Eight arc recounts a short time-loop plotline from Nagaru Tanigawa and Noizi Ito's original science-fiction comedy light novels. In the anime version, the same story was used for several episodes in the row, with minor changes from week to week. The anime has been in this story arc since June 19.

Source: 2channel

its offical but the source? oh man i hope they stop this crap...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:52 pm

Well, no real surprise it's gone for eight episodes. It is Endless Eight after all.

Hopefully this is the end of E8. A real shame they've wasted the majority of the episode slots assigned for the 14 new episodes. Definitely wondering what they plan to achieve in just six episodes.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:46 am

:hmm: Well, it has pretty much guaranteed we aren't going to continue playing it, that's for sure.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:16 am

Mappy wrote::hmm: Well, it has pretty much guaranteed we aren't going to continue playing it, that's for sure.

The Wise One has spoken. And so it shall be law! :respect:

What a rapid fall for a series that came 1st on our annual poll in 2006.

Now why did we let Haruhi win the vote-off vs Hellsing Ultimate? They were tied the 1st time around, right?
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:21 am

Last Exile wrote:
Mappy wrote::hmm: Well, it has pretty much guaranteed we aren't going to continue playing it, that's for sure.

Although it would amuse me if we actually played the first Endless Eight episode 7 times and nobody noticed. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Mappy wrote:
Last Exile wrote:

Although it would amuse me if we actually played the first Endless Eight episode 7 times and nobody noticed. 8)

Could make an 'Angry Aussie Kid' vid that way. :!:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by ARTA8SIMS » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:23 pm

FXS it finally end damn it :x Watched ep19 today and I'm like OXXG it finished :wow: IT blutig FINISHED DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by Sufferes » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:26 am

Mappy wrote:
Last Exile wrote:

I'd notice 8)
I'm the Moustache Maaaaaan!
Sufferes

by Dhumahn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:18 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... d-for-2010

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Film Announced for 2010

Film to open in Japanese theaters in Spring of 2010

"The final episode of the "renewed" airing of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime series ended on Friday with a teaser of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Shōshitsu) film. The film will open in Japanese theaters in the spring of 2010. More details will be provided on the anime franchise's official homepage at a later date. "

At least Hitler will finally be happy :D
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by GarryGod » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Dhumahn wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-10-08/disappearance-of-haruhi-suzumiya-film-announced-for-2010

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Film Announced for 2010

Film to open in Japanese theaters in Spring of 2010

"The final episode of the "renewed" airing of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime series ended on Friday with a teaser of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Shōshitsu) film. The film will open in Japanese theaters in the spring of 2010. More details will be provided on the anime franchise's official homepage at a later date. "

At least Hitler will finally be happy :D

if its got yuki nagato smiling then i am sure he will like like it...i still think "the melancholy Bi.tch face suzumiya" is a crap show... since day 1
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Hans Stockmann » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Wait, are you suggesting that Haruhi Suzumiya is, in fact, female? My life has forever been changed by this revelation.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice