AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Mekuri Master

by Pirate Man » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:25 am

http://nigoro.jp/game/mekuri/

Since this hasn't been brought up, I shall present you guys the link to Mekuri Master by Nigoro. Click on the link to find out what the game is about. They have also another great game on the site called Rose X Camellia where you as a girl and hündin slap each other to submission.

In b4 resident girl whines that anime/videogame culture shouldn't be sexist. It demeans girls, etc ,etc.
Pro Tip: Japan is not like Australia, for those who are considering to post a response to this.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

Re: Mekuri Master

by IceLee » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:06 am

Pirate Man wrote:
In b4 resident girl whines that anime/videogame culture shouldn't be sexist. It demeans girls, etc ,etc.
Pro Tip: Japan is not like Australia, for those who are considering to post a response to this.

PirateMan, I am going to choose to ignore that highly offensive remark which I highly resent in the same progress, but next time you make a mention of me like that, I might not be as polite as possible.

EDIT: Erm, don't worry about this post, just found out the above quote wasn't directed at me. Moving along, moving along.... :oops:
IceLee

by Bazza » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:03 pm

mailto:sage

Now, I'm not taking offense to the fact this game supposedly demeans girls. I don't care, it's just a game. On top of that, we all know I can be a bit of a chauvinistic hut aus gesäß at times.

No, I'm taking offense to the fact you inferred it to be 'great'. Games like this, while occasionally entertaining, are simply awful.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:57 pm

Did I just feel a twinge of respect for Bazza? :?

I've learned to not click a link PM supplies. :)
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by edible_hat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:34 pm

pro tip: Nobody cares what you do in the privacy of your own gutter, but playing games such as this in settings such as UniSAGA could be considered a breach of UniSA's sexual harrassment policy which includes a passage along the lines of "thou shalt not use University equipment to display material of a sexual nature or display said material on University property".

pro tip #2: It's not a good idea to piss of people who are proficient in the use of nunchuks.
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by Atory » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Protip: By UniSAGA's rules and regulations we do not discriminate against any form of game. Our club does adhere to the Australian classification board and anything that is banned in Australia will not be played. Other than that it is the judgment of an elect (Adrian, myself and one other committee member) and we are generally pretty lenient as to not break our own policies.

As for the Entropy, the entire thing seems to be a media prank to increase readership. UniLife and UniSA aren't that strict as it is an institution for adults.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by edible_hat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:22 pm

Unisaga, being held on University of South Australia property, must abide by University of South Australia regulations.
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

edible_hat

by Atory » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:58 pm

If we have any complaints I report to UniLife which in turn sends it on to University officials.

We do abide by Uni policies and we haven't had any incidents. The content at AJAS has been higher risk than anything at UniSAGA but as far as I'm aware have never needed Uni officials to step in.

I'd rather keep UniSAGA a fun and happy environment and not need to dwell on all these rating issues.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:33 pm

Ah, Atory is still alive. Thought he'd vanished for a while.

I think common sense would dictate that if you think of bringing something along knowing it is provocative and has the potential to, then you really shouldn't.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Atory » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:18 am

A lot of games are also mistaken to be worse than they really are just because they feature a female character in a revealing outfit.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Ryan White » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:29 am

I'm confused. Exactly how did Pirate Man directing people to a throughly immature game become a discussion on UniSAGA's policy towards videogames?
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Mappy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:50 am

Evolution.

Yes, blame Darwin.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Atory » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:47 am

It seems to have mistakenly related to something that happened quite a while ago.

Anyway, how goes AJAS's re-affiliation? UniSAGA seems pretty set now.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by edible_hat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:38 pm

Atory wrote:It seems to have mistakenly related to something that happened quite a while ago.

Not so mistakenly;

was deliberately inflammatory.

edible_hat

by Last Exile » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Seconding what Dave said. Jason, you should freaking know better.

As for when and how a female is clothed, there arer such things as context and plausibility. As well as teaste, decency and class.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Pirate Man » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:57 am

Last Exile wrote:Seconding what Dave said. Jason, you should freaking know better.

As for when and how a female is clothed, there arer such things as context and plausibility. As well as teaste, decency and class.

?_?

No love from Ryan Mendez? You know they being playing DOA X2 from day one before I started bringing games to show how borderline they can be and that is the worst game of its kind. This fact and only this fact alone makes Dave's defense fails big time, making him look like a big douchebag and I didn't even have to say anything. It's something far more simple and just happened at that particular incident, you should know of it cause you were there at that time. Even the fact that the anime and how he posted this on an ANIME BOARD doesn't seem to faze him. Also the direct reference to 4chan "In b4 so-so so-so so-so" signifies this is a joke statement.

What's with the second random statement?
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by edible_hat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:00 am

Pirate Man wrote:Dave's defense fails big time, making him look like a big douchebag

If there's one thing federal parliament has taught us, it's that people resort to insults when they know they're wrong.

edible_hat

by Pirate Man » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 am

edible_hat wrote:Nobody cares what you do in the privacy of your own gutter.

Ora? Hang on this was put way before my insult. FAIL, take your own advice and read what you wrote beforehand mate.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by edible_hat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:11 am

The OP contained a veiled insult/threat, therefore you lose.

DOA has actual gameplay unlike that game where the point is to stare at an imitation woman's breasts.

edible_hat

by IceLee » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:16 am

You didnt think about what the joke couldve mean to non 4 channers, nor people who apparently, according to Atory who has been covering your backside, PM, this forum called Kotaku. I told Dave here what Atory said to me, about your "joke" and he doesnt believe it. To the untrained eye it can and most, most possibly mean you were insulting me, PM and to be frank, you're lucky I'm not going hard on you this time but the next time you insult my husband to be, or make some remark about me having an opinion or be aware of how other people feels about your games, or your choice of therefore ( I play Mortal Kombat, but they dont direct attention to women's bits or the lack of clothings in the game. Well the last games I've played before the recent ones anyway, with the exception of MK Destruction ( I think? can't remember which one was the last two currently released games in the series, aside from shaolin monks, but it was the one before the last twos where you get a photo gallery but that isnt part of the game anyway, more for behind the scenes) Anyway, I was saying, next time you insult my husband to be or me, you may really regret it, I'm doing my best not to blast at you again. I am not, very happy to be honsent, with you or Atory at this stage, and I MAY file a report against UniSAGA one day if this continutes. As for DOAX2, I believe that was bought once when I was around, maybe twice, but I do not see it repetively played nor being forced upon the gamers by a certain person who wanted my husband to be to play with him on a certain game once. Remember that one, PM?

PM, in short, dont push it. simple as that. Discussion is over. Someone please lock the thread before it gets MORE worse than it already is.
IceLee

by Atory » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:54 am

Thread locked.

UniSAGA really doesn't need this at the moment. We are struggling to stay alive as it is and I really don't want to see either David or yourself leave us after all you both have put into the club.
Atory
UniSAGA President