AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Manifest 2009...

by Dhumahn » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:19 pm

...is going here:

http://www.melbourneshowgrounds.com/eve ... st2009.asp

Looks like Avcon's not the only convention upsizing this year (and there's a very good chance I'm going too)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Manifest 2009...

by Rasberry » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:55 am

That would also be the reason for the date change. Last year manifest was on melb show week end
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by ARTA8SIMS » Thu May 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Q1. Looks good but is it really worth going? If no then forget Q2
Q2. How much will the flight cost? I could start saving up for it. All I need is the total amount I need to use for transport and ticket for entry. :lol:
ImageImage
Anime collection HDD1: 552GB / 931GB Still going up.
Anime collection HDD2: 804GB / 931GB Still going up.
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by Dhumahn » Thu May 21, 2009 10:00 pm

Well, I'm going back to 4-star hotel-mode for the week (which, if you were here during my last trip, I spent nearly $1100 over the course of the weekend). I already have $2000 total ready to go for this :D
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by ARTA8SIMS » Thu May 21, 2009 10:27 pm

To save money I'll return on the same day if possiable. How much for a flight there btw?
ImageImage
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by Dhumahn » Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 pm

I'd say $500 should do it.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by ARTA8SIMS » Fri May 22, 2009 12:59 am

Fixed my spelling error there, I just checked some flights and there are some $79 for 1 trip and return to Adelaide is $49 JetStar. So really $200 on flight and bring $500 along should do the trick i guess.
Buy again is it really worth going?
ImageImage
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by Rasberry » Sat May 23, 2009 3:23 am

ARTA8SIMS wrote:Fixed my spelling error there, I just checked some flights and there are some $79 for 1 trip and return to Adelaide is $49 JetStar. So really $200 on flight and bring $500 along should do the trick i guess.
Buy again is it really worth going?

Worth going? YES, i mean get outta the state once in a while.... that and Bread top is made of win, and harajuka is made of win! No Exceptions!

Please factor in accommodation into your equations, it hurts your wallet.....

as for your airfares, some airlines such as jet star charge an additional $10 for luggage each way, check this first. Also are you paying with credit card? As far as i am aware the only airline you don't need one on is Qantas as they accept B-PAY. If you have no credit card and use a travel agent to pay for Jetstar etc, also remember that agents have a big fee attached, generally $15-$20 each way which means that $49 Jetstar fare with agent + baggage would total at least $74 each way.

This is the reason i choose qantas normally... no extra fees when using B-pay, luggage included in cost, most flights from adelaide include a free copy of the days paper, free scheiße headphones for channel 9 news that is made specially for qantas tv, free cans of coke, and light refreshments (quite often is crap when only going as far a melbourne but sometimes good), flights after 3pm to melbourne get a free can of VB or wine....

the Manifest experiance is also a cost in it's self, both Greg and my self are power spenders (him more than me) and we both fight at the auction, though if you want the thursday ball it is about $70 extra, ultra expensive and hard to justify cost, but for die hard fans wanting more from their trip, the ball does not include manifest entry, so all up about $110 for manifest entry inc thursday ball or $40 for Fri-sun

remember to factor in other costs while you are there other than just manifest, and anime stuffs..... food costs money and you will rip though it faster than a bull on heat.... whilst deserts such as bread top and Harajuka are Melbourne catch cards, a lot of their normal dinner foods are scheiße and you will find yourself eating more KFC than a pregnant mother that won't cook.....

I also recommend a hidden secret in Melbourne, visiting asian groceries.... the selection of fanta is awsome..... grape, apple, strawberry, plus the elusive raspberry fanta which in Adelaide that Raspberry stuff i can only find in a Gawler servo.....

If you want on your visit to Melbourne you can catch up and i can give you a South Aussie Otaku's tour of food and drink......
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by ARTA8SIMS » Sat May 23, 2009 9:23 pm

Well included the flight $150 I only got $500 to playwith if I return on the same day.... Not sure if thats enough tho. Really tight atm /khaaaan
BTW which day is the best day to go?
ImageImage
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by Hans Stockmann » Sun May 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Or you could drive. Driving's always cool. So is making a big ol' pile of sandwiches.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by ARTA8SIMS » Mon May 25, 2009 11:13 am

Well I got work and uni so the only day Im free is on Saturday...... and I think my tofu Echo will fall apart if I pushing it that far :lol:
ImageImage
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by Bazza » Mon May 25, 2009 4:50 pm

Hans Stockmann wrote:Or you could drive. Driving's always cool.

I remember when it was actually cheaper to drive than to fly. These days you'd be lucky if you used only $180 of petrol in your average family car carrying all your belongings.

With that being said we did Albury -> Adelaide on $40 of petrol in a carbie'd 4 potter auto carrying 150kg of people and 250kg of tyres/other car bits in the back. :)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Pirate Man » Sun May 31, 2009 7:56 am

ARTA8SIMS wrote:Well I got work and uni so the only day Im free is on Saturday...... and I think my tofu Echo will fall apart if I pushing it that far :lol:

Well to be frank just don't go and don't worry about it if your looking for excuses.

IF you find ppl coming and share the same room, usually u can half/third the price of the hotel, I'm sure you aint gonna use all 2-3 beds.

Also keep an eye on the events that are happening before u leave, one thing you don't want is a footy grand final happening b/w melb and an interstate team, not only would mainfest suffer just because of this, this should of been already planned from an organiser, one of them SHOULD be an AFL fan just because of this. You would not find any accondimation at all. :S
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard