AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Definition of a bogan

by asurin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:34 am

The goal of this thread: To pay the crap out of bogans everywhere.

A bogan is....

....Someone who, when informed that they can make a powerfull narcotic using normal fertiliser, goes out and buys a trailor load of cow crap.
Purveyor of live action Japanese TV shows.
asurin

by Psike81 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Bogan (bo-gan) Someone who wasn't smart enough to save money before he/she became one .
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81

by Bazza » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Bogan.

A fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.
Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).
The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.
Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.
Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

Ahhhh. The wonders of nature.

Chris Franklin, Eric Bana as "Poita" on Fast Forward, most of Campbelltown.

Funnily enough, me and Phill don't fit the descciption of a standard bogan. After all, how many do you know with 2 functional, and another 2 non-functional computers in the house? We also have only a single car, which isnt a Holden or Ford. Neither of us drink and we don't have any Flanelette shirts. :P

But with that said, we are bogans by descent. Our parents are both pure-breds. :hmmm:

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Atory » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:13 pm

Atory
UniSAGA President

by bchan5 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:30 pm

hey... I'm offended with the brick veneer comment...

95% of new homes are brick vennered. Only the rich can afford double brick homes or you purchased it like that.
bchan5
Phongus

by Morphis » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:35 pm

bchan5 wrote:hey... I'm offended with the brick veneer comment...

95% of new homes are brick vennered. Only the rich can afford double brick homes or you purchased it like that.

'brick veneer' is not a single brick wall its a veneer cement board that is a look alike brick.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,
Set him on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life. :p
Morphis
Hub Sempai

by Ryan White » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:27 am

Morphis wrote:
bchan5 wrote:hey... I'm offended with the brick veneer comment...

'brick veneer' is not a single brick wall its a veneer cement board that is a look alike brick.

Actually, Brick Veneer homes just have a layer of bricks covering the actual structural wall. This does have some advantages as the space between the two walls adds extra insulation and the structural wall can be made of a cheaper material such as reinforced cement, cinder blocks or even wood.
For more a detailed explanation on masonry, click here or I can see if I can annoy more details out of my grandfather, seeing as he helped build quite a number of buildings in Loxton. He also did most of the asbestos for the hospitals in the Riverland, ironic considering the state of his lungs.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Atory » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:07 am

Does size of the brick veneered house count? My house is too big for bogans.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Bazza » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:49 am

Generally speaking, bogans prefer to live in semi-detatched houses; often owned by the State Housing Trust.

Oh, and my house is a Housing Trust owned, semi-detatched. 8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too