AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Homeless people assaulted in Aichi, 1 woman dies

by Mappy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:35 am

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/391327

Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 15:59 EST

NAGOYA — One woman has died and at least three men have been injured in a series of apparent gang attacks against homeless people in Okazaki, Aichi Prefecture, since Friday, according to Aichi prefectural police.

A 39-year-old homeless man was assaulted by two male youths at around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday under a bridge in Okazaki and was robbed of 6,500 yen in cash, police said. He suffered minor injuries to the head, chest and feet. The two youths ran away, police said.

On Thursday, police said the man was also attacked by a group of four men at the same place on Sunday and was robbed of a wallet. The attacked man said three of the four in the Sunday attack were middle-aged.

On Monday, Miyoko Hanaoka, 69, was found dead about 900 meters away on the bank of the same river with injuries to the chest and abdomen.

A wallet was found in a makeshift shelter she was living in under a bridge but no cash was found inside or anywhere in the shelter, police said. Investigators suspect cash may have been stolen.

A resident witnessed four people who appeared to have been teens speeding away by bicycle about 50 meters away on the river bank several hours after Hanaoka's body was found, according to investigations.

Police said Hanaoka was found dead by the resident around 6:55 a.m. Monday. She died of blood loss from internal wounds and died sometime after 11 a.m. Sunday.

Another middle-aged homeless man sustained minor injuries in an assault early Sunday morning by a group of four teens in a park 700 to 800 meters from the site where Hanaoka's body was found, police said.

The incident occurred at around 3 a.m. when two of the youths threatened him with steel pipes demanding money, the police said. When the man said he had no money, they set fire to cardboard boxes he was sleeping in and left, according to police.

A 77-year-old man was assaulted late Friday night through early Saturday morning near a train station in Okazaki city, and sustained injuries, police said.

On the opposite river bank from where the 39-year-old man was attacked, a 73-yea-old unemployed man was attacked early Monday morning by a group of four people who appeared to be teens, the police said. He was uninjured.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Ryan White » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:40 pm

I wonder how many of these dummkopf get caught by police dressed up as homeless people. Hopefully the cops just shoot them and put them in ratty clothing so they can share the same awful deaths as their victims.

If Japanese youths are really this bored and want an outlet for their aggression, the Australian government should hire them to come over here and kill cane toads.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Mappy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:43 am

Ryan White wrote:If Japanese youths are really this bored and want an outlet for their aggression, the Australian government should hire them to come over here and kill cane toads.

Feh.... Just Battle Royale the bastards. It looks like they want to.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man