AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Belgian girl sues over facial tattoos

by Last Exile » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:11 pm

A Belgian teenager has been left with 56 stars inked on her face after allegedly falling asleep in a tattoo artist's chair.

Kimberley Vlaminck, 18, claims her father paid for her to receive three stars near her left eye.

But the teen says she fell asleep while her dad ate ice cream outside, before awakening to discover half her face covered in 56 black stars.

PHOTOS: The world's worst tattoos

"My father wanted to pay because in our family everyone has a tattoo," the Telegraph reported Ms Vlaminck as saying.

"When he started to tattoo me, I did not feel pain and I fell asleep. I awoke as he tattooed me on the nose and I saw what he had done.

"I cannot go out on to the street, I am so embarrassed … I just look ugly, a freak, mutilated."

The family is seeking $18,400 in damages to pay for laser removal of the "nightmare" inking.

But Rouslan Toumaniantz, who operates The Tattoo Box in the southeast city of Courtrai, claims he was only fulfilling his client's wishes and is demanding payment of $87 for the work.

"She was awake all the time," he said.

"I did not hypnotise or dope her, as they say — it was with agreement.

"No way could I have tattooed so many stars on her face against her will."

The artist said there was only conflict once Ms Vlaminck's shocked father saw the full extent of the tattoos that his daughter had requested.

Got no sympathy for her. If you're stupid enough to get a tattoo on a place like your face, you deserve what comes with it.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: Belgian girl sues over facial tattoos

by edible_hat » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:07 pm

What really happened: she got exactly what she wanted, then changed her mind when her family freaked out.
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat