AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Reap games will be banned in Japan...

by Dhumahn » Fri May 29, 2009 8:08 am

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/05/28/rap ... -in-japan/

"TBS news reports that all reap games will be banned from sale or production in Japan. It has been decided. It is estimated that this particular genre takes up about 10% to 20% of the entire industry but the PC software independent review committee has made the decision to ban all these games.

The PC games review committee had originally not seen it as a problem, but now it has come to the point where the entire game software industry has to comply to the new restrictions.

The news article reports that the reason for doing so started with the campaigning efforts of the International woman’s rights organization Equality Now which had started due to the problems found with the sale of Reaplay in other countries.

They will change their judging criteria starting from the 2nd of June, and the approximately 200 member companies will be restricted from the production and sale of reap games.
"

....well, its started.....lets just hope this is ALL they ban, or else even I will have something to say about it.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Reap games will be banned in Japan...

by GarryGod » Fri May 29, 2009 5:51 pm

Dhumahn wrote:http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/05/28/rape-games-are-now-banned-in-japan/

"TBS news reports that all reap games will be banned from sale or production in Japan. It has been decided. It is estimated that this particular genre takes up about 10% to 20% of the entire industry but the PC software independent review committee has made the decision to ban all these games.

The PC games review committee had originally not seen it as a problem, but now it has come to the point where the entire game software industry has to comply to the new restrictions.

The news article reports that the reason for doing so started with the campaigning efforts of the International woman’s rights organization Equality Now which had started due to the problems found with the sale of Reaplay in other countries.

They will change their judging criteria starting from the 2nd of June, and the approximately 200 member companies will be restricted from the production and sale of reap games.
"

....well, its started.....lets just hope this is ALL they ban, or else even I will have something to say about it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why? oh why? i need my H game fix now and then you can't stop a man's dream to play H game.... and i was so hoping there would be a bazooka cafe 2.... :cry:
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

by Last Exile » Fri May 29, 2009 11:10 pm

This is a good thing, really. Promoting that kind of stuff was not on. However, if they do go to the degree of banning anything sexual, then I will also have something to say.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Last Exile » Sat May 30, 2009 11:33 am

Well, seems like the whole thing was a sham....

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/05/28/rap ... -hate-tbs/

*sigh*
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Sat May 30, 2009 4:09 pm

Don't you just hate it when the media plays tricks like that :x
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Mappy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:43 am

Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:02 am

So good actually came of this! Miracles do happen after all...About freaking time!
Disgusting...
Last Exile