AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Man storms into language school with baseball bat....

by Mappy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:53 pm

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/388937

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 at 07:41 EST

AMAGASAKI — A 41-year-old man was arrested Monday after storming into a Japanese language school with a knife and baseball bat and injuring a student, in Amagasaki, Hyogo. Police said the man barged into the school around 10:20 a.m., wielding a baseball bat, but fled the scene when staff took the bat away from him.

He came back shortly afterward, brandishing a knife, and smashed the glass door at the main entrance. He attacked a 22-year-old Chinese student who suffered cuts to his fingers.

Police were called and immediately arrested the man. Police said the man has been undergoing psychiatric treatement and has been to the language school on several occasions since last year, screaming unintelligible abuse at staff.

and on a related note about Japanese nutjobs....

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/388587

Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 16:45 EDT

TOKYO — A knife-wielding man stabbed three policemen in Sekimachi, Nerima Ward shortly after noon Thursday before being subdued, police said. One of the policemen was stabbed in the neck and listed in serious condition. The other two suffered cuts to the abdomen and face.

Police said they received a call from a man who said, "My son is running wild. He is carrying a knife." A witness said when several policemen arrived at the scene, a man wearing a short-sleeved shirt and underwear started attacking the policemen at around 12:30 p.m. Police said they surrounded the man and fired warning shots.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Man storms into language school with baseball bat....

by Atory » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:09 pm

Mappy wrote:Police said the man has been undergoing psychiatric treatement and has been to the language school on several occasions since last year, screaming unintelligible abuse at staff.

The man's rants went something like this!
Atory
UniSAGA President

by stormy001 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:51 pm

Too much stress?
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Mappy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:56 pm

Stressed? The Japanese? Never! 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:09 pm

On the bright side no one died. This is why the 2nd Amendment should be removed from the US constitution. You own a gun, you carry a gun, you allow anyone to get a gun - look what happens.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Ryan White » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:54 pm

Last Exile wrote:On the bright side no one died. This is why the 2nd Amendment should be removed from the US constitution. You own a gun, you carry a gun, you allow anyone to get a gun - look what happens.

Removing guns won't lower crime rate, most murders aren't commited against random people and if you really want to kill the person you'll find a way. The death toll at Port Arthur would have been just as high if an axe was used, kills were at point blank range.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President