AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Sumomomo momomo.

by Pirate Man » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:11 pm

Review. Finished watching over a 10 month period.

Sumomomo momomo, is an comedy anime based on a yearly war between martial artists (called the shissou war) which each of them represents an animal from the Chinese Zodiac Signs.

The story is mainly focus on the relationship between Koushi Inuzuka head of the 6 clan families of the west and Momoko Kazuryu head of the 6 clan families of the east, with their marriage would stop the shissou war and bond the 12 families together. Various assassins are sent from the respective clans to stop this marriage for some unknown reason :(.

Though thats the basis of this anime, it really doesn't have anything to do but to serve as skeleton background for this harem anime. The characters are just very much the reverse roles from a harem anime, instead of a mishap where the boy just hang around the girls (Momoko, Iroha (Snake) and Sanae (Horse)), the girls F U C K ! ! ! to the boy with plenty of talk about sex and provocative poses which happens throughout the anime. Yuri-action also appears in the second half of the series.

I find the anime very much a minderjährigen mädchen, there are 2 girls though seem to act "kinda" old but are clearly under-aged with the other one a typical class 'A model' schoolgirl. Watching the anime is akin to stick a knife next to a wall and head-butting the blade end. The first half is basically focuses on the tension between the 3 girls and the main character, however it does get interesting in the second half around episode 14 where they start focusing on the minor characters and the bad guys which had way more personality than the main characters.

If you want to watch this I recommend starting watching from episode 14 (where the new intro starts) or so to watch this anime since you wont be missing since a-lot of the flashback to the previous episodes just tends to appear a-lot.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Bazza » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:12 pm

slowpoke.jpg

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too