AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Le Chevalier D'Eon

by Pirate Man » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:31 pm

Review.

Loosely based on a historical real life character Chevalier d'Eon. Who is a diplomat and a spy/soldier in the name of France who lived as his first half of his life as a male and second half of his life as a female.

The series starts when a body floats upon Seine who is discovered to be the sister of Chevalier d'eon. Throughout the series he is discovering why his sister was murdered and uncovers a revolution group aiming to overthrow the King. This takes the series through four arcs which are in France, Russia, England and finally ends France again.

The series itself though is a bit of a drag at times but shines through the last two arcs. Lots of talking and diplomacy but not a lot of fighting throughout the series, it's more or less a political story revolving around Chevalier d'Eon. What I really like about the series is the events which happens in the last 2 arcs where the unexpected happens. A good series that is worth a watch though it leaves a few things unexplained unless you look them up the wikipedia. Though the ending credits are nice, with pictures and names of the main characters in the series which would be hard to remember if they weren't there.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Psike81 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Err ... dude ... we covered this series twice !

I personally give it a thumbs down for its draggy boredom .
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81

by Pirate Man » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:08 pm

Yea but well I havent watched it right through, the series gets really good towards the last two arcs.

Well if your a history buff you'll like the series but otherwise give it a miss XD. Not the WWI and WWII era though which changed the world and cheated by using machines.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard