AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

New Anime Heads-Up: Kiss DUM Engage Planet

by stormy001 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:26 pm

"Oh, what the devil?
You guys haven't heard the news on this anime yet?

I came here thinking the thread will be all over the news.

Here's the story....
First, animation studio Satellite's staff posted on BBS that this anime is way behind schedule, and they had to restart the entire project over on 2/9/07.

Then the real BOMB got dropped two weeks later...
Yokou Koube, who's an animator of the Satellite studio staff for Kiss Dum posted this following post on his own blog.

Two month till the series starts, and the director hasn't even finished the conte for the first episode. The series's concept is all in the director Yasuchika Nagaoka's head, and he wouldn't talk with the staff on the details of the series, saying "I know how it's supposed to go, don't worry."
Then the director decided this isn't gonna work out, and ran away from the project.

No one in the staff knows the full story or the setting of the story, so it's a major panic. It's little more than a month away until the first episode airs, and they lost the original creator.
The ROUGH SKETCH (conte) of the first episode isn't even finished yet!

Koube goes on to gripe that he wishes they would have simply canceled this project and forget about it... but It seems the show already has sponsors and schedule, so they have to push forward and air it....

They asked Koube to be the substitute director, but he declined.
So they are going to setup one of the Satellite crew to be substitute director, but Kouda will be doing much of directing work, without being credited.

After this BOMB got dropped, Kiss Dum attracted new type of crowd....
The crowd looking for the next MUSASHI nightmare.

Earlier this week, Kouda saw the panic his post in his blog caused, and deleted the message from his blog, and apologized for it.
So the truth is up in air right now... If in fact Nagaoka did leave the project, then this anime is DOOMED....
and so is Nagaoka's career for at least five years..."
--------------------------------------------

This is from another forum which explained why this anime is bad. Nice mechas but utterly despicably listless story.

Not gonna waste time on this despite my all-time reverence for Nagaoka's work on Seikai Saga and Macross mecha designer legend, Shoji Kawamori (also the same man who design for Aquarion). Another promising sci fi work bites the dust.

If any of you wondering what is MUSASHI, it is considered by most as the worst anime of 2006 Gundoh Musashi. It is so bad that it is funny, people watching it for sheer humor for wrong reasons factor.
http://anime-comments.blogspot.com/

My personal anime blog.
stormy001

by Atory » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:12 am

The first episode is out isn't it?
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Mappy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:33 am

I have to be honest that I wasn't all that interested in watching this show when I saw a few newsbits and announcements on it. So I've not really followed on the b.t.s. nightmare, which doesn't exactly fill me with any greater need to see it.

Just my opinion, of course.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Mappy » Fri May 04, 2007 1:53 pm

Having watched the first couple of eps of KDEP, I can say that it isn't as bad as I was expecting, but it still isn't the kind of show I'd leap out of my way to watch.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man