AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Gonzo Lists Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- for 2011

by Dhumahn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:31 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... g-for-2011

Project with "new story, characters, and mechanical designs"

The exhibitor notes at the Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF) 2011 website revealed on Tuesday that the anime studio Gonzo is working on Last Exile ~Ginyoku no Fam~ (Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing-), "a new series of Last Exile [with] new story, [main] characters, and mechanical designs" for 2011.

Gonzo had worked with character designer Range Murata (Blue Submarine No. 6, Solty Rei, Shangri-La) on the original Last Exile anime series in 2003. The studio told ANN during last March's TAF that it was developing a potential Spring 2011 project that would take advantage of the new stereoscopic 3D televisions now entering the marketplace. Gonzo also showcased a stereoscopic 3D version of a Last Exile vehicle and four character design sheets for a new project in the works at the fair, although it did not specify at the time whether these materials were from the same Spring 2011 project.

Gonzo began hiring new anime production staff members such as animation runners (the production coordinator job seen in Animation Runner Kuromi), one "international production operations assistant" ("fluency in English required, Chinese is a plus"), in-between animators ("must have enthusiasm"), production desk managers, and designers last August. Then, in September, the studio sent a book cover illustrated by Murata as a complimentary gift to stockholders, and the included letter explained that the cover's illustration is the original character design for a new anime that will air this year.

Gonzo's TAF page also lists the studio's previously revealed Nyanpire The Animation project.

Well, lets hope this series discusses the Nutcracker...
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Gonzo Lists Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- for 2011

by Mappy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 am

Last Exile will never discuss the nutcracker.

sadfrog.jpg
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:24 am

maybe, or else they might just have a different coloured one at the end of this series too...
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Last Exile » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:01 pm

I will be skeptical about this show full stop until Gonzo shows they learnt their lessons.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Hans Stockmann » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 pm

Gonzo. Gonzo never changes.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice