AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Toaru Majutsu no Index's 2nd Season Green-Lit

by GarryGod » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:24 pm

The July issue of Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine is announcing on Friday that production on the second season of the Toaru Majutsu no Index television anime series has been green-lit. The key visual image from the announcement shows the returning characters Index (Yuka Iguchi), Toma Kamijo (Atsushi Abe), Mikoto Misaka (Rina Satou) from the first season and Kazuma Kamachi's original light novels. A game for the Sony PSP portable console has also green-lit for this winter.

i dunno if i should be happy or annoyed about this series but oh well something to watch i did'nt enjoy railgun
Imagethanks GAINAX your writers never stop surprising me...
GarryGod
Net Raider

Re: Toaru Majutsu no Index's 2nd Season Green-Lit

by Hans Stockmann » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:15 pm

"Apathy" is the word.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:02 am

18 volumes and counting, of apathy, to be exact. Was a second series ever in doubt considerign Railgun is raking in 30k+ sales per volume with ease?
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:17 am

Index and Railgun aren't terrible shows. But they are quite talky and boring at times. It is a classic example of a franchise where the producers forgot they were working with a visual medium and decided the "show don't tell" maxim was unnecessary. It is a regular failing of anime based on light novels.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:08 am

They're selling well into the profit margin. Like they actually care. Sales warrant supidity/apathy. The idea that quality means much in that industry is long gone.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:13 am

Mouryou no Hako (Box of Goblins) had lots of quality seeping out of every cell. It also has 6 episodes of discussion around a table on the etymology of kanji, spiritualism, mythology and the historical context and crossover of all of these. In a 13 episode show. Poorly written literature-to-anime adaptations will always exist. The trouble is financiers aren't likely to put the money on the table to make them unless there is already a proven track record of return. So far, Index and Railgun have provided that track record. A pity, really.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:31 am

That's why they call it a recession.
Disgusting...
Last Exile