AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Moyashimon get's live-action series...

by Dhumahn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:36 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -green-lit

"1st live-action work in Fuji TV's popular late-night Noitamina timeslot

The website for Kodansha's Evening magazine has announced that an live-action television adaptation of Masayuki Ishikawa's Moyashimon: Tales of Agriculture manga has been green-lit for release in 2010. It will be the first live-action work on the Fuji TV's popular late-night Noitamina timeslot. The story follows a college student who discovers that he can see and communicate with the germs all around him — germs that appear as super-deformed characters.

The manga has been running in Evening magazine since 2004, and Del Rey Manga will publish the second of the manga's eight current volumes in North America next month. The manga has already been animated for television by director Yuichiro Yano and Shirogumi Inc. in 2007."

Hmm, this will be interesting, then again, given the quality of Japanese acting, this could also be seen as a pile of merde...
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Moyashimon get's live-action series...

by Mappy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 am

This will be hilariously bad, especially when they reach the goth minderjährigen mädchen trap Kei episodes.

But then, the Nodame Cantabile live series wasn't too bad, even if it did have a Japanese actor playing Milchy-sensei, so....
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Hans Stockmann » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 am

We can certainly expect the microbes to have special effects that make you wish they'd just borrow some Sentai villain rubber suits though.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 pm

I pity whoever has to stick their hand up a cow's arsch. :lol:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:44 am

Christopher Timothy did it for All Creatures Great and Small, so it won't be the first time an actor has had to do that. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man