http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ial-posted

For people like me - time to /khaaaan
For some others - time to :wow:

Let the banning of episodes from TV begin? :lol:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: Kodomo no Jikan Second Term announced

by Mappy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:53 am

Because of the censorship issues with the first series, the second series is going to be oav-only. Which is probably sensible, considering some of the content the second series is going to have to cover from the manga.

This show will never be licenced, anyway. Fansubs are about as close as anyone here (and in other western countries) are going to get to owning a copy (unless they import it directly from Japan.... and then it runs the risk of being seized by customs). The disaster of the manga's cancellation from publication in the US has guaranteed that.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Madman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Of course i knew about this long ago! the Preview episode is awesome. Waiting with anticipation!! :D I also have the Live Action movie if anyone is interested....
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust

by Dhumahn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:56 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Ryan White » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:00 am

Madman wrote:Of course i knew about this long ago! the Preview episode is awesome. Waiting with anticipation!! :D I also have the Live Action movie if anyone is interested....

I think the Australian Federal Police may be interested.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Last Exile » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:13 pm

More like Interpol.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Madman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:37 pm

signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman

by Madman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Yawwwn! :zzz: I'm getting bored. Lets talk more about Kodomo..... :wow:
Madman

Re: Komodo no Jikan Second Term announced

by Bazza » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:45 pm

Close enough. :)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Dhumahn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Lol, good one Bazza :lol:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by ARTA8SIMS » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:44 pm

I got both OVA1 and the special OVA already.
ImageImage
Anime collection HDD1: 552GB / 931GB Still going up.
Anime collection HDD2: 804GB / 931GB Still going up.
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by Dhumahn » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Oh, god...another one...

"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:18 am

It's like a hydra. You cut off one head, another one replaces it.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Madman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:16 pm

ARTA8SIMS wrote:I got both OVA1 and the special OVA already.

Yay! Re-inforcements! Ep. 1 of the 2nd series is just too good! Waiting for more...
Madman

by Mappy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 am

This thread is a racin'....

/sarcasm
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by khajiit » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 pm

Hmmm I just wiki'd this anime/manga... hmm highly controversial... not suitable for north american audiences... elementary school gir -shot- Okay just the first two :lol:

Gimme! Gimme! :wow:
khajiit

Location: In the netherworld, casting Giga Star at prinnies 8D

by Dhumahn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:21 pm

I have found some people interested in this, funnily enough they have a hangout located in Salisbury, if you ring up they will even give you a free lift there, anyway they operate everyday so you can give them a call when you are off work and they'll come and pick you up. Anyway i am guessing you want their phone number so i will give it to you
Phone number is in the black box below (only for over 18 year olds)

...historic quote ftw...
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Bazza » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:26 pm

khajiit wrote:Gimme! Gimme! :wow:

I happen to have the uncensored version of the first season handy.... the only issue is getting it to you. I'll see if I can't boot Chud up the clacker to let me use his DVD burner. :)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by khajiit » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:30 pm

.___. I called the number but then some policeman came up to my house and they wouldn't leave so then I shot them and WHERE DO I HIDE THE BODIES?! OH GOD!

:lol:

From what I read it didn't sound that bad... jeez it's only a story after all >_> unless im totally mistaken and it is really that obscene it makes satanists look like holy angels of god. Please tell me if it is so I can retract my previous statement .___.

And thankyou bazza, I'd be interested to see at least what it's like then I can make my own judgement from there :)
khajiit

by Mappy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:30 am

If you really want to know about the cancellation of the Kodomo no Jikan manga in the States, go to http://www.animenewsnetwork.com and type in "The Nymphet" in their search engine. The shitstorm produced by this is lulzworthy in its deep deep depths and not very much breadth.

Considering Zac Bertschy, the Executive Editor of A.N.N., was the one who brought up the question of whether KnJ was suitable for publication in the west, starting the chain of events. The anti-loli stance continued with his defence of an almost libelous and rhetoric-filled review of the dvd release of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by khajiit » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Okay well I read that over, mappy... sounds pretty tame to be honest. I don't see why people get so upset over stuff like this.. it's a fictional story, and the only people that would take it further than fiction... well would have done so with or without it. As far as I'm concerned cute minderjährigen mädchen only exist in manga and anime.. so where's the harm? :lol:
khajiit

by Mappy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:43 pm

In more simple terms, Seven Seas made a number of mistakes. Firstly, they licenced the manga pretty much sight unseen. Ergo, they stumbled blindly into something that they weren't expecting. Happened to Dark Horse with NaruTaru, which they cancelled when they realised where it was going. Secondly, they publicised that it was a significantly minderjährigen mädchen manga about an elementary student who attempts crude sexual humour / getting her teacher into compromising sexual situations. Nothing like practically asking for people to make a fuss about the content, no matter how explicit (or not) it was. The nasty bad real world was never going to accept it. Thirdly, they bowed to the mangaka's culturally clueless request to call the manga "The Nymphet", which is weighted with a whole lot of things in the West that she just seemed incapable of understanding. And she still seems unable to understand the specific reasons why it was cancelled, because she just can't see why it might have caused such issues in the States.

The result: those within manga fandom started a shitstorm, which then fed into those within the general comics and publishing industry, most of whom hadn't even heard of the manga until then, looked into Seven Seas clueless publicity and had, pretty much, made up their minds about what it contained and whether it was fit for publication. The next step would have been mindless, paranoid interest groups, who probably haven't (and won't ever) read the manga before making a judgement about its suitability for publication. The net result, there would have been a wholesale clampdown on the publishing and distribution of manga and anime that is far less controversial than Kodomo no Jikan, simply because it is easier to tar everything with the same brush when it comes to producing law based on paranoid, unthinking public backlash: eg the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha review on A.N.N., describing it as little more than an exercise in paedophilic sadism. And that was just within the anime community. Imagine that in the general media / public.

You might like minderjährigen mädchen material, but it just isn't going to fly in the real world. And if it tried, you'll probably start to find it a whole lot harder to get your hands on.

Really, though, discussion of the KnJ manga, and its cancellation in the States, should be limited to the manga section. My bad for bringing it up here.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by khajiit » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:57 am

Well written mappy, that sorta cleared it up for me ^__^ But wow, what a mess, ne. The unthinking public once again destroys something for me before the original material has even had a chance to (I bet for all this discussion, I'm going to watch it and go "ehhh" anyways) but it's the principle of the matter anyways.

I don't quite get what you mean by your last comment (well before the disclaimer)... Yeah I really can't tell where that was going, but just to clear things up so I'm not going to be looked at like a total weirdo next week.. From what I have seen (which is maybe one or two) , I don't mind minderjährigen mädchen manga *but* as I said before the minderjährigen mädchen is a creature that exists only in anime and manga (real brats that age are gross), so don't worry I am more than capable of discerning fiction from reality... just in case anyone was starting to think otherwise :lol: *sweat drop*
khajiit