AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

The 10 anime you liked best this year....

by Mappy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:08 am

Opinions thread.
The 10 anime you liked best this year. Doesn't have to be new shows, just shows you haven't seen until this year.

Mine would be:
Zettai Shonen
Moyashimon
Ghost Hound
Sketchbook - full color'S
ef - a tale of memories
Kamichu
Kurenai
True Tears
Shion no Ou
Kemonozume

There are a number of shows not in this list that I liked (Wolf and Spice, Shigofumi, Bamboo Blade, Baccano, Kaiba, Aria the Origination, Mokke, Toward the Terra, Hidamari Sketch, Red Garden, Gatekeepers 21, Real Drive, Blue Drop, Toshokan Sensou, Mahoraba, Mushiuta, H2O - Footprints in the Sand, Dead Girls, Dennou Coil, Myself; Yourself, Mind Game, El Cazador de la Bruja, Busou Renkin, Tekkon Kinkreet, iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia, Petopeto-san, Tokyo Marble Chocolate, Heroic Age, Brigadoon, Betterman, Good Witch of the West, Potemayo, Sci Fi Harry), but these ones stood out to me for whatever various reasons.

These, of course, are shows that I've seen complete. There are a number of shows I haven't finished, yet, that could fall into this top ten.

You may disagree markedly.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: The 10 anime you liked best this year....

by Bazza » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:19 pm

One standout winner: Strike Witches.

It may be little more than a pandering fanservice anime. But it's the best god damned pandering fanservice anime ever produced, insofar as I have personally viewed. :)

The other 9, in no particular order, racking my brain to remember things.

Zero no Tsukaima III,
Code Geass

Actually I can't be bothered to make up 10 so lets just change it to "The up to 10 anime you liked best this year....".

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:02 am

I couldn't pick 10 titles from 2008, in fact I can't recall being able to pick me than 5 in any year except for 2003. So the fact I found 7 and that I still have a few I could add after watching the later offerings of this year along with a couple of earlier ones, would suggest this was a good year in anime. (italicised those that weren't 2008)

Code Geass R2
Garden of Sinners
Nodame Cantabile
Mushishi
Kashimashi
Bounen no Xamdou
Daughter of Twenty Faces
Kurenai
Spice and Wolf
Soukou no Strain
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Atory » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:25 am

I didn't watch much this year, but I guess these were the ones that stood out of what I did watch out of the ones released from mid 2007:

01. Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
02. Bounen no Xamdou
03. Michiko to Hatchin
04. Mononoke
05. Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
06. Genshiken 2
07. Kurenai
08. Moyashimon
09. Natsume Yuujinchou
10. xxxHOLiC: Kei

(Too lazy to work out what else I watched this year)
Atory
UniSAGA President