AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Playlist - 20th May 2008

by Dhumahn » Tue May 13, 2008 11:12 pm

After the last meeting, I can safely say that I have no shame what-so-ever!

This week's playlist is as follows:

Dennou Coil 8
Kamichu 11
Genshiken 2 1
Code Geass R2 2
Seirei no Moribito 20
xxx-Holic Kei 1
Darker Than Black 13
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai 12

...enjoy.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

Re: Playlist - 20th May 2008

by Mappy » Wed May 14, 2008 8:39 am

Would those who didnt show up on the 13th (or didn't get there in time) and are a bit miffed that we started Code Geass R2 without prior warning like for us to repeat the first episode?

Just a thought that came to me....

I was reminded how much I'd been missing the melodrama and the geassing.... 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 am

So Greg traded his final remaining shred of dignity for 3 slices of cheap pizza and a $50 cab fare. 8)

I'll buy you a whole pizza for you to wear the school swimsuit when it arrives. :wink:

And it took 23 episodes, but we finally forced Chiaki's deredere side to show itself. Yay. :)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Dhumahn » Wed May 14, 2008 9:51 am

I only went halfway, so the fare was only $25 8)

I'm surprised. I was expecting a photo of it to be up by now.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Wed May 14, 2008 2:29 pm

@Mappy: Perhaps. Considering Bunny Booty and Pizza Butt were in their prime, I would like to see that. And on that thing from last night - yeah. Perfect description for it.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Wed May 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Can't wait for spinzaku to show up. It'll be this season's wallrunning hax for sure. 8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by yukihotaru » Wed May 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Wow! Xxxholic Kei and Genshiken 2? I am very tempted to turn up next week....will be around 15 degrees though.... :cry:
サヨナラ溶けたら何が残るかな?
yukihotaru

Location: AU, Australia [203.161.93.159] 203.161.93.159.static.amnet.net.au

by White Demon » Sat May 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Will you be showing the new WS release of xxxHolic Kei or the old 4:3 release?
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Ryan White » Sat May 17, 2008 11:08 pm

4:3 ratio, as there isn't enough wide screen available to create a comfortable buffer zone between the rate we watch them and the rate we obtain them.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by ~shinigami~ » Sun May 18, 2008 2:39 am

Yay, I've was able to watch Gundam SEED, some dramas and finish off my chem presentation today which means I can finally get to turn up to an AJAS meeting.

On an unrelated and random note, I will probably be late coz I have the worst sense of direction ever and will struggle finding the place since I've never really looked around UniSA. Also, I'll prolly limp there since my right leg hurts so much from Taekwondo training. :P

Man, I wish Macross F ep7 will just come out already...man I always ramble when its gets late...or early, 2:39am sleep time.
~shinigami~

by Dhumahn » Sun May 18, 2008 7:41 am

Ok, here is some directions for you:

start from the intersection of north and pultney, on the university side. now, head towards the hills a little bit. You will find a driveway. Go down it all the way. there will be 2 buildings on your right. go into the second one when you get to the glass doors. Find the elevator. Enter it. Press 4. Wait a second or two whilst the elevator processes your order. Exit it. Enter the room directly opposite the elevator marked "P4-16". and you're there!
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by IceLee » Sun May 18, 2008 9:36 am

~shinigami~ wrote:Also, I'll prolly limp there since my right leg hurts so much from Taekwondo training. :P

Whatd your instructor do to you?
IceLee

by Bazza » Sun May 18, 2008 10:43 am

Visual Instructions are often easier to follow than written ones. At least, for guys it is... :)

Basically you go down the roadway, under the red line is a veranda and at the end of that is a small room which should contain approximately 10-15 nerds upon your arrival. 8)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by ~shinigami~ » Sun May 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Dhumahn wrote:Ok, here is some directions for you:

start from the intersection of north and pultney, on the university side. now, head towards the hills a little bit. You will find a driveway. Go down it all the way. there will be 2 buildings on your right. go into the second one when you get to the glass doors. Find the elevator. Enter it. Press 4. Wait a second or two whilst the elevator processes your order. Exit it. Enter the room directly opposite the elevator marked "P4-16". and you're there!

Bazza wrote:

Visual Instructions are often easier to follow than written ones. At least, for guys it is... :)

Basically you go down the roadway, under the red line is a veranda and at the end of that is a small room which should contain approximately 10-15 nerds upon your arrival. 8)

Thanks guys. :D

IceLee wrote:
~shinigami~ wrote:Also, I'll prolly limp there since my right leg hurts so much from Taekwondo training. :P

Whatd your instructor do to you?

Nah, it was my sparring partners. I haven't done it for 3 years but since I'm 1st dan, my sparring partners always seem to go all out and so I think I just accumulated damage to my shin, ankle and in-step over a few medium contact sparring matches. :(
~shinigami~

by Last Exile » Sun May 18, 2008 3:30 pm

If you see a bunch of male nerds and two fangirls at the room next to the entrance of that building in between 5pm and 5:45 pm, you know you're at the right place, shinigami. Hope you enjoy the playlist.

Man is he lucky. Gets the start of Geshiken 2 and Xxx-holic 2nd season, proper start of Code Geass R2 and an episode of Higurashi Kai where the leadup will finally end and the 'Massacre Chapter' will finally come to fruition of its name!
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by IceLee » Sun May 18, 2008 3:38 pm

~shinigami~ wrote:

Nah, it was my sparring partners. I haven't done it for 3 years but since I'm 1st dan, my sparring partners always seem to go all out and so I think I just accumulated damage to my shin, ankle and in-step over a few medium contact sparring matches. :(

Youre a first dan black? :cry: you outrank me!! :lol: Though I know how you feel about getting shins battered, still recovering from that accident at my first taekwondo tournaement even though it was back in Feb-March, just a week before I was awarded the second kup grade. I hope your leg gets better soon!
IceLee

by ~shinigami~ » Sun May 18, 2008 4:06 pm

IceLee wrote:

Youre a first dan black? :cry: you outrank me!! :lol: Though I know how you feel about getting shins battered, still recovering from that accident at my first taekwondo tournaement even though it was back in Feb-March, just a week before I was awarded the second kup grade. I hope your leg gets better soon!

I only outrank you in belt level but I'm sure you outrank me in terms of skills. :)

No jokes, 3 years of doing absolutely nothing totally kills any semblance of skills I had.

My leg is feeling better already, tigerbalm ftw! :D

Last Exile wrote:If you see a bunch of male nerds and two fangirls at the room next to the entrance of that building in between 5pm and 5:45 pm, you know you're at the right place, shinigami. Hope you enjoy the playlist.

Man is he lucky. Gets the start of Geshiken 2 and Xxx-holic 2nd season, proper start of Code Geass R2 and an episode of Higurashi Kai where the leadup will finally end and the 'Massacre Chapter' will finally come to fruition of its name!

But I haven't seen Geshiken 1 or Xxx-holic 1st Season...so wouldn't I be totally confused? :lol: And I can't believe Gundam 00 was voted out before. :shock:
~shinigami~

by Xenesis » Sun May 18, 2008 7:54 pm

If you see a bunch of male nerds and two fangirls at the room next to the entrance of that building in between 5pm and 5:45 pm, you know you're at the right place, shinigami. Hope you enjoy the playlist.

I have to admit, I laughed at this description.

And I can't believe Gundam 00 was voted out before.

Most of us got sick of hearing "Celestial Being" every second sentence.
Xenesis

by ~shinigami~ » Sun May 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Xenesis wrote:
Most of us got sick of hearing "Celestial Being" every second sentence.

I see, I haven't seen 00 myself but it's definitely on my "to-watch list" because I am absolutely loving Gundam SEED. :D
~shinigami~

by Last Exile » Mon May 19, 2008 12:20 pm

~shinigami~ wrote:
Last Exile wrote:If you see a bunch of male nerds and two fangirls at the room next to the entrance of that building in between 5pm and 5:45 pm, you know you're at the right place, shinigami. Hope you enjoy the playlist.

But I haven't seen Geshiken 1 or Xxx-holic 1st Season...so wouldn't I be totally confused? :lol: And I can't believe Gundam 00 was voted out before. :shock:

No. :lol: That's the beauty of them.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Phill » Tue May 20, 2008 11:28 pm

Can the people that sit up the back please be quiet during the screening? It gets irritating when you guys talk loudly through a show I and other people are trying to watch. If you want to talk, take it outside. :evil:
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by Bazza » Wed May 21, 2008 10:50 am

I do remember Mr Big Bossman saying to a certain member, and I quote; "Shut up or get out", before the screening had even started.

Disobeying the Mr. Big Bossman is a good way to get yourself into a very unfortunate accident... :)

Talking amongst yourselves at a moderate volume during the OP/ED of a show on a topic related to that or the preceding/proceeding shows is one thing. Talking to the entire theater about entirely unrelated garbage is another altogether. Go outside if you don't want to watch whats on the screen.

Next time it happens I will be the one making the request for silence and I can assure you it won't be as polite as Phill's. :wink:

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too