AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

What to wear to AJAS

by Phill » Wed May 14, 2008 6:02 pm

yukihotaru wrote:Wow! Xxxholic Kei and Genshiken 2? I am very tempted to turn up next week....will be around 15 degrees though.... :cry:

Wear warm clothes? :?
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

Re: Playlist - 20th May 2008

by IceLee » Wed May 14, 2008 7:01 pm

Phill.... theres not many flattering warm clothes around- yes, Ive been looking for a nice looking, simple jumper that doesnt cost alot of money and one that doesnt have roll necks, bulky knits ( as in like very big, heavy) and are in flattering colours. No dice yet!
IceLee

by Phill » Wed May 14, 2008 8:13 pm

IceLee wrote:Phill.... theres not many flattering warm clothes around- yes, Ive been looking for a nice looking, simple jumper that doesnt cost alot of money and one that doesnt have roll necks, bulky knits ( as in like very big, heavy) and are in flattering colours. No dice yet!

That's something I don't understand, no one at AJAS is going to care what you rock up wearing, so long as it's appropriate to a degree. And you'll be sitting in a dark room most if not all of the evening, followed by going outside into the dark. :?
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by Atory » Wed May 14, 2008 9:01 pm

There's plenty of nice winter wear for females this season. I should know... I helped my little sister shop. The looks on the shop attendants' faces are priceless when I prove I know more (fake knowledge) about women's fashion than they do. :lol:

Damn, there's shows I want to watch but I doubt I'll be able to attend very often anymore.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by yukihotaru » Wed May 14, 2008 10:51 pm

As atory said, im very shallow...dark room whatever, i just don't feel comfortable if i don't like what i'm wearing...:P Warm clothing almost always equals thick clothing and they're troublesome and annoying. And coming from a warm, tropical country, no matter how long i've been here, i still can't get used to how cold it gets. :(
But we'll see, i'm 70% coming next week....just please, dont change the room last minute or else i'll end up getting lost..orz
サヨナラ溶けたら何が残るかな?
yukihotaru

Location: AU, Australia [203.161.93.159] 203.161.93.159.static.amnet.net.au

by Phill » Wed May 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Normally I wouldn't say something like this to someone I don't know, but: Harden up, seriously. :hmm:
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by yukihotaru » Wed May 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Trying, trying...
*currently hard at work eating more chocolate to put on more fat for winter*
8)
サヨナラ溶けたら何が残るかな?
yukihotaru

by Dhumahn » Wed May 14, 2008 11:00 pm

She just needs to follow Atory... He always finds his way there somehow.

...and for those who weren't there last night, you missed a great "what has been seen cannot be unseen" moment. 8)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Atory » Wed May 14, 2008 11:35 pm

I'm hard to follow if I'm not there... :roll:
yukihotaru wrote:Trying, trying...
8)

That's more like it... screw appearances!
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Phill » Wed May 14, 2008 11:41 pm

Atory wrote:I'm hard to follow if I'm not there... :roll:
yukihotaru wrote:Trying, trying...
8)

That's more like it... screw appearances!

Fat turns Atory on. >_>
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by Dhumahn » Wed May 14, 2008 11:47 pm

This could turn very bad...
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Atory » Wed May 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Hell no... How depressive would I be if that was the case? I'm way too skinny.

Rebelling against social norms turns me on.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Mappy » Thu May 15, 2008 4:55 am

I always thought it was a social norm to gormandise lots of chocolate.

Wait a moment.... 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Thu May 15, 2008 8:14 am

Healthy not fat. :)

I hear flannelette jackets are all the rage right now. The one I have I've had for something like 4 years. It's definitely showing signs of age (ie. falling apart at the seams - literally) but it's still my favorite piece of warmwear. On top of that, seems no-one asks me for money when I wear it. I wonder why. :?

Besides, Mr. Kennedy's jumper is the epitome of smexyness. Get one of those.

I suppose I could lend you my Mahora Academy blazer if you'd like. :wink:

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by IceLee » Thu May 15, 2008 9:23 am

Phill wrote:
IceLee wrote:Phill.... theres not many flattering warm clothes around- yes, Ive been looking for a nice looking, simple jumper that doesnt cost alot of money and one that doesnt have roll necks, bulky knits ( as in like very big, heavy) and are in flattering colours. No dice yet!

That's something I don't understand, no one at AJAS is going to care what you rock up wearing, so long as it's appropriate to a degree. And you'll be sitting in a dark room most if not all of the evening, followed by going outside into the dark. :?

I like to look good no matter what. well as much as possible.... :whistling: and atory, its easier for a thinner girl to find something but for someone my size, I want to be able to find something that suits me, and suits my personality and theres not many things that I like around...
IceLee

by yukihotaru » Thu May 15, 2008 10:40 am

IceLee wrote: I like to look good no matter what. well as much as possible.... :whistling:

Amen to THAT!! Guys just don't get it huh? Then they call us shallow for caring about our appearances... :lol:

For the past 2 years i had been wearing the same old black jacket i got from supre, coz i never had a need for thick jackets, and thus didn't bring adequate winter clothing before coming here... Thus i was always known as 'The Asian girl that doesn't have enough clothes' in my classes. -_-lll
One thing i've realized abt Australian clothes is....shops here seem to like pastel colours a lot, and not only do they not suit yellow skin like me, i just don't like them... :(
But anyway, (finally) bought something from JayJays a few weeks ago (Neopolitan Ice-Cream-ish woolen hoodie!). It's pretty generic, but hey, it looks nice! IceLee, you should take a look there! My friends say Cotton On has nice clothes too.

Bazza, chocolates are healthy.... :innocent:
サヨナラ溶けたら何が残るかな?
yukihotaru

by Atory » Thu May 15, 2008 11:12 am

The pastel problem is that you're looking in the city. I don't know what the obsession is with pastels either... they are horrid on anyone.
To find the nicer colours for reasonable prices the best places to look are in the suburbs. JayJays, Cotton On and Supre all stock better merchandise in the suburbs. My sister does most of her clothes shopping in Elizabeth.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Phill » Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am

IceLee wrote: I like to look good no matter what. well as much as possible.... :whistling:

Despite no one being able to see you in the dark. And depending on where you sit, the best we might get is the back of your head, which won't change in appearance if you're wearing a thick jumper. :P

My advice is to stop caring so much about your appearance at AJAS, unless you're trying to pick up guys (which would be a very bad thing). >_>
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by Last Exile » Thu May 15, 2008 3:25 pm

Yuki looks decent. Besides personality and career matter more than looks. But Yuki still looks decent.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by IceLee » Thu May 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Yuki: Yeah I shop occasionally at jays jays and cotton on, but ive been more often at Jeans west (they make proper sizes not changing sizes or mislabelling sizes!) and looked in target today, saw same jumper as the one ive been wearing (plain black v neck) but they cost $70! 70 for a little plain jumper!!! mine was about 15, 20 back when I bought it about 3 or so years ago...
I have also found an identical one but purple in Kmart this afternoon... the problem? it's a man's jumper! :lol: but I will get it next pay week, screw the fact its for men!

bought a nice square necked tshirt with rutching on the neckline (which looked good anyway as a detail) with purple and white prints from Jeans west earlier for an engagement party I'm attending not this coming saturday but next saturday, got a posh looking invite so Im hoping I wont be too dressed down with that top, jeans and a pair of heels!

I'm a bit miffed though that theres no proper red stuff in shops now because apparently purple, pink, gray, aqua green and black are this season's colours... whats wrong with wearing a warm colour in winter, sheesh?! not that I mind purple or black as theyre parts of my favorite colours, but there needs to be more variety in colours.

Phil, I look good because, well its now more for my fiance, edible_hat! :P
IceLee

by Phill » Thu May 15, 2008 6:56 pm

IceLee wrote:Phil, I look good because, well its now more for my fiance, edible_hat! :P

But it still shouldn't matter too much to him that you end up going cold at night because you don't "look good". If it does matter to him that much, then there's something wrong there. I'm sure even he wouldn't mind you wearing something monstrous if it meant you weren't cold. :)
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by IceLee » Thu May 15, 2008 7:31 pm

True. I am of course rugging up, Im not saying im going around with less clothes lol I spend most of my time at home anyway so its mostly pj's these days especially since I got sick a few times (apparently I had an infection as previously mentioned and then there were the 24 hour headache on tuesday- NOTHING could get rid of it I swear!) Ive even taken his avcon '06 hoodie :P which fits me better than it did on him but still... :lol:

But I mean theres no decent looking winter clothings like a decent jumper because today I was looking in the plus size sections at target in town but they only had cardigans, blouses that doesnt even look attractive on me, and mostly work wear, while the "skinny" section i.e the more trendier sections had more jumpers and cardigans but didnt look attractive enough lol, except for that nice, plain looking v necked knit top/jumper but that costs 70. Thats what I'm finding it to be more of a problem than anything, Phill. I usually avoid plus sizes by the way because they are usually TOO big for me, but that leaves me with a dilemma as the "skinny" sizes are usually too small for me... so its not just an issue of finding the right colours/apperance, but also to do with sizes. You guys (as in men) have it alot more easier I reckon!
IceLee

by edible_hat » Thu May 15, 2008 7:42 pm

Phill wrote:But it still shouldn't matter too much to him that you end up going cold at night because you don't "look good".

I don't care what she wears as long as she doesn't get arrested for public exposure. She, on the other hand, made me re-donate my really cool purple corduroy jeans that I found at an op shop.
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by IceLee » Thu May 15, 2008 7:49 pm

edible_hat wrote:

I don't care what she wears as long as she doesn't get arrested for public exposure. She, on the other hand, made me re-donate my really cool purple corduroy jeans that I found at an op shop.

It was BROWN!!! not purple! *goes to teach him the difference between brown and purple* :lol:
IceLee

by edible_hat » Thu May 15, 2008 7:53 pm

IceLee wrote:
edible_hat wrote:

It was BROWN!!! not purple! *goes to teach him the difference between brown and purple* :lol:

It was a brownish shade of purple, and made of corduroy, and really daggy looking but really cool. :x meanie
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

edible_hat

by IceLee » Thu May 15, 2008 8:07 pm

actually dont forget I was cooking your dinner when you said the M word, edible hat :P next time I'm cooking your dinner, I shall certainly remember that! lol
IceLee

by Bazza » Thu May 15, 2008 8:09 pm

You should wear flannelette.

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by IceLee » Thu May 15, 2008 8:10 pm

who, Bazza?
IceLee

by Bazza » Thu May 15, 2008 8:58 pm

Everyone.

The world would be a better place if everyone wore flannelette. No-one would look down on the person next to them because they would look equally as derro. 8)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Thu May 15, 2008 9:23 pm

Some of us could wear Pierre Cardin suits and still look like derros. Wearing Pierre Cardin suits. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Dhumahn » Thu May 15, 2008 10:03 pm

...and then there's me... :shades:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Thu May 15, 2008 10:30 pm

And then there's me. :whistling: The complete anti of fashion.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by yukihotaru » Thu May 15, 2008 11:19 pm

No!! Pastel colours look beautiful on white skin! Seriously! Especially if the person wearing it has light hair. *jealous*
Yeah, i noticed it when i go to random shopping malls...they have bigger and better variety. I hate buying jeans, though they're the thing i wear most, coz comparatively, my hips are way bigger than my waist so buying jeans that fit are an absolutely nightmare. All my jeans are baggy...orz Wish i can shop at JeansWest too..omg, broke!!! /khaaaan And also no shop in Australia has jeans that will fit me, baggy or not...-_-lll Esprit is where i shop back home for jeans, but not here in Australia! :cry:

Not wishing to offend anyone, but i wish the guys would not be so egotistical as to think that girls only dress up to impress them, because 90% of the time, that is totally not that case.... 8)

Btw, going slightly back on topic * :shock: *, last week there was this 'mystery slot' thing, what was it in the end?
サヨナラ溶けたら何が残るかな?
yukihotaru

by Dhumahn » Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 pm

The 'mystery slot' was Code Geass R2 1. As usual, made-of-win.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Atory » Fri May 16, 2008 8:53 am

yukihotaru wrote:Not wishing to offend anyone, but i wish the guys would not be so egotistical as to think that girls only dress up to impress them, because 90% of the time, that is totally not that case.... 8)

None taken, it's proven that females do it mostly to outdo each other. Guys aren't all that hung up on appearances but girls will pick you apart on them. Worst case is high school, once someone matures into adulthood it's less common.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by IceLee » Fri May 16, 2008 10:23 am

yukihotaru wrote: Wish i can shop at JeansWest too..omg, broke!!! /khaaaan And also no shop in Australia has jeans that will fit me, baggy or not...-_-lll Esprit is where i shop back home for jeans, but not here in Australia! :cry:

ok sorry going off topic for a second to answer Yuki- I dont always shop at jeanswest though, just for one piece like say, a 20 dollar top that looks good, Im also finding the same/similar problem with jeans, they fit well over hips and but get baggy past hips wise, I'm thinking of stop spending so much money on jeans from jeanswest and go and buy a men's pairs from say, harris scarfe or target or kmart, they have better looking designs apparently, and more cheaper than women's pairs apparently!
Oh and I may have very pale skin, but I'm not blonde lol, but brunette with reddish shades at time which makes me doubt Id be able to carry off pasels! :P

P.S I believe theres a Esprit store in West Lakes Mall, (which is near my place.)
IceLee

by Ryan White » Fri May 16, 2008 2:58 pm

I fell asleep three times trying to read this topic.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Phill » Fri May 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Ryan White wrote:I fell asleep three times trying to read this topic.

Sorry, I should never have started it. :oops:
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by Pirate Man » Fri May 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Phill wrote:
Ryan White wrote:I fell asleep three times trying to read this topic.

Sorry, I should never have started it. :oops:

That was a bit of an understatement, after 3 pages :cry:
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by IceLee » Fri May 16, 2008 5:36 pm

Tsk tsk. Men just doesnt really get it do they, Yuki? :D *gets out of the target range before any of them hurls a missle at her*

Oh and while I remember, be at least grateful we wasnt talking about shoes, or we'd probably go on and on- Well, I do have a valid excuse as I have to find a decent and comfortable pair for the wedding next year. But I'll shut up and get back on topic, just to point that fact out :P
IceLee

by Bazza » Fri May 16, 2008 5:45 pm

It's not what the girl's wearing on the outside thats important.

What counts is the underwear. :)

/r/ Atorysplit

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by edible_hat » Fri May 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Bazza wrote:What counts is the underwear. :)

speaking of which, June 3rd is Red Underwear Day.

edible_hat

by IceLee » Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm

*smacks Bazza on the back of his head anime style with the frying pan* Man this frying pan is great... hmm where did this bazza shaped dent come from? (This is a joke ok, I would never hit bazza in real life with one.... I promise. *crosses fingers behind her back* And I would not be that violent just for some funny remark...)
IceLee

by Bazza » Fri May 16, 2008 5:53 pm

Whats wrong about talking about underwear?

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by IceLee » Fri May 16, 2008 5:57 pm

well for one we do not want to disturb the fraglity of the other members' mind with such disturbing contents... and Baz, I was joking about the frying pan... but it does give me a photoshop idea...
IceLee

by Bazza » Fri May 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Underwear is disturbing?

Kinky underwear is one thing - but we're talking about regular undies. At least I am. :hmm:

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by IceLee » Fri May 16, 2008 6:01 pm

True but we dont know what they wear..... or what they are not wearing..
IceLee

by Phill » Fri May 16, 2008 6:03 pm

IceLee wrote:True but we dont know what they wear..... or what they are not wearing..

And that's what he's aiming to find out.
Phill
Needs Moar Desu

by IceLee » Fri May 16, 2008 6:05 pm

I thought so. someone pass me a strongbow please. (the cider drink)
IceLee

by Last Exile » Fri May 16, 2008 9:04 pm

@IceLee: Sweet, Dry or Draught?
@Pirate Man: That's the most cohesive thing you've said all year.
@White: Too many Southwark Bitters?
@Phill: Well I guess that makes you the Preaching Derailer to go with the Humanoid Trainwreck. :lol:
@Bazza: I say it again. USE YOUR IMAGINATION. /khaaaan
@Atory: True, but about half of men wouldn't have the brains to even recognise the effort.
@Yuki: You sound cultured. What a relief.
@Mappy: Friends on another forum protest that episode 2 of Code Geass R2 does explain the cliffhanger to season 1. True or false?

And this thread seems to make the following obligatory:

Peace.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by edible_hat » Fri May 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Last Exile wrote:@IceLee: @Pirate Man: @White: @Phill: @Bazza: @Atory: @Yuki: @Mappy:

*feels left out*

edible_hat

by Last Exile » Fri May 16, 2008 9:08 pm

edible_hat wrote:
Last Exile wrote:@IceLee: @Pirate Man: @White: @Phill: @Bazza: @Atory: @Yuki: @Mappy:

*feels left out*

@edible_hat: The only other voice of sanity. Btw, how the heck did my birthday become Red Underwear Day? :?
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Fri May 16, 2008 9:16 pm

At least I stepped out of that conversation. Didn't want to end up in the line of fire.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by Last Exile » Fri May 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Dhumahn wrote:At least I stepped out of that conversation. Didn't want to end up in the line of fire.

Didn't you start this by wearing the shirt? :wink:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Dhumahn » Fri May 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Yes....that shirt. :lol:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by edible_hat » Fri May 16, 2008 9:46 pm

IceLee speaking= sweet, actually. I seem to prefer strongbow brand most of the time. Dave wants the keyboard back the meanie lol

ed(ibe_hat)it: @mendesu: "First Tuesday in June" was arbitrarily chosen for Red Underwear Day. For no real reason other than it was a couple of months away from when the Facebook event was created.

edible_hat

by yukihotaru » Fri May 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Atory wrote: None taken, it's proven that females do it mostly to outdo each other. Guys aren't all that hung up on appearances but girls will pick you apart on them. Worst case is high school, once someone matures into adulthood it's less common.

Er...no...i don't wear nice clothes to show off to other girls, nor do i hündin about a girl's outfit unless it's eye-gougingly painful...orz

But anyway, the best way to attack anyone, i've found out anyway, is to poke them...:P
...and, hasn't it been proven in so many animes, rated or not, that all males are interested in white panties? 8)
サヨナラ溶けたら何が残るかな?
yukihotaru

by Last Exile » Fri May 16, 2008 11:32 pm

I thought anime advocated striped ones. :?

Either way, personality matters far more. And wear clothes you like for yourself. That's the main reason you should wear clothes like that.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Pirate Man » Sat May 17, 2008 10:04 am

Last Exile wrote:

Peace.

Tsk tsk. Rules 1 & 2 reisigbündel.

Last Exile wrote:
@Pirate Man: That's the most cohesive thing you've said all year.

Last Exile have you actually counted the posts I made all year? Well I guess not, this is probably my fifth one out of the lot.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Mappy » Sat May 17, 2008 10:59 am

Stop calling people a soup garnish. That's insulting to soup garnishes the world over. 8)

Pirate Man wrote:Last Exile have you actually counted the posts I made all year? Well I guess not, this is probably my fifth one out of the lot.

5 cohesive posts out of 75 is not too bad, I guess. 8)
Unless you're saying you've only made 5 posts this year. Please refer to the second number in the above line. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Atory » Sat May 17, 2008 11:03 am

yukihotaru wrote:
Atory wrote: None taken, it's proven that females do it mostly to outdo each other. Guys aren't all that hung up on appearances but girls will pick you apart on them. Worst case is high school, once someone matures into adulthood it's less common.

Er...no...i don't wear nice clothes to show off to other girls, nor do i be-atch about a girl's outfit unless it's eye-gougingly painful...orz

But anyway, the best way to attack anyone, i've found out anyway, is to poke them...:P
...and, hasn't it been proven in so many animes, rated or not, that all males are interested in white panties? 8)

I'm aware you weren't the typical high school girl and that you wear what you like, not what you think others will like.

You're right about the poking. Gah, the reason I have so many spleens. I had a friend in high school who would always poke me saying "I'm poking your spleen" which always seemed to move to a different location.

Oh and Atorysplit 8)
Atory
UniSAGA President

Re: What to wear to AJAS

by IceLee » Sat May 17, 2008 11:18 am

When I was in high school, we never had to worry about our clothes or fashion during those five, six years of sheer torture thanks to the fact we had to wear private high school styled uniforms! :lol: ( I went to Adelaide High for those who are wondering) Ive found tickling works just as well as the pokings...
IceLee

by Atory » Sat May 17, 2008 11:46 am

My high school had a uniform too but there were still ways to get around the dress code.
I found one by mistake and I'm surprised it became so popular it was banned in the dress code just after I finished.
I simply wore a white or grey long sleeve t-shirt under the school's short sleeve polo shirt when it was cold as I didn't like the high school jumper.
As I was still wearing school colours there was nothing they could do about it.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by edible_hat » Sat May 17, 2008 11:49 am

At m high school we found a loophole about shoes. Entirely black sneakers counted as "enclosed black shoes, not patent leather or boots".

edible_hat

by IceLee » Sat May 17, 2008 11:49 am

I remember my school uniform rules said black sandals are allowed, so I wore black platform styled sandals and was told off by my home room teacher/support teacher :roll: I kept telling him they said black sandals are allowed, he wouldnt have a bar of it lol they were very comfortable at that.... i miss them now! :cry:
IceLee

by Bazza » Sat May 17, 2008 12:02 pm

The school uniform at my High School was ludicrously boring. Maroon top on blue or black pants, and the dressware mustn't've been very interesting because I can't recall it at all.

And then there's Parafield High which doesn't even have a uniform at all. No wonder the children run rampant. The place needs order. :roll:

St. Mary's Girls however is an entirely different story.... I really enjoyed my time working there. 8)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Pirate Man » Sat May 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Mappy wrote:

Stop calling Last Exile a soup garnish. That's insulting to soup garnishes the world over. 8)

Fixed your mistake Mappy 8).
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by yukihotaru » Sat May 17, 2008 1:18 pm

The school uniforms here are beautiful! And i like how different it is for every school. The one from Adelaide High is my favourite! IceLee! I'm jealous! And anyway, while i don't like the uniforms from St.Aloysious (i definitely didn't spell that correctly, it's the one next to the fire station in the city), i really like their straw hats!
Back home every school was the same, like...for the whole freaking country. It was a horrible bright blue pinafore with a white collared shirt underneath and we had to wear white socks and white canvas shoes. I was kinda lucky coz in my school, we got to change our uniforms when we got to Senior 3.
My school's old uniform was really pretty. It was a white cotton cheongsam (mandarin gown, qipao) top, accompanied black pleated skirts, and i think they wore white socks with mary janes...but that was before my time so... :cry:

IceLee, tickling isn't that bad! I've known some ppl who enjoy being tickled....
サヨナラ溶けたら何が残るかな?
yukihotaru

by Last Exile » Sat May 17, 2008 2:13 pm

@yuki: Good call. The St. Mary ones are also good.
@Pirate Man: You're doing it wrong! Will you stop chowding down on spatchcock?

Rule #1 - Find out what the person was eating.
Rule #2 - Never eat anything with the word hahn in it.
Rule #3 - Never do the Heimlich manuever, it's freaking homosexual.
Rule #4 - No good deed goes unrewarded.

Now harden the fark up, Mackellar, or is the chick at BP still owning you as usual? :lol:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by yukihotaru » Sat May 17, 2008 3:02 pm

...i read it this morning and it flew past my head but re-reading this thread i could smack myself for missing this...bazza, you worked at a GIRLS school before? :shock:
サヨナラ溶けたら何が残るかな?
yukihotaru

by Atory » Sat May 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Why did you have to highlight it? We were all just ignoring it.
Are you really that gullible?
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Sat May 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Like when he claimed he had a sister.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Atory » Sat May 17, 2008 3:21 pm

You mean daughter... He has proven he has a sister.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Last Exile » Sat May 17, 2008 3:27 pm

Atory wrote:You mean daughter... He has proven he has a sister.

I forget. He has someone in every suburb it seems.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Bazza » Sat May 17, 2008 4:44 pm

You may be surprised to know that I, along with 4 other perverts, genuinely did work there as a grounds keeper for 6 months. Basically all I did was clean out this huge church hall come warehouse that needed renovation. Yes, it had 6 months worth of crap in it. I even found not one but three statues of Jesus, among a myriad of other things including but not limited to piles of cigarette butts. Bad girls.

8)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by IceLee » Sat May 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Yuki... I'm very ticklish, Ive come to learn how to get the tickler off me (namely my fiance -_-' - he really should have known better after that accident)
and here, Yuki, you can have the white summer school dress... just dont get caught in a downpour without a jumper or a blazer.... as I remember clearly back in year 10 that happened to the girls from AHS straight after the after school bell went and we left the school building... :lol: we all stole the boys' jumpers and blazers... well except for me. And why not me? well I was wise enough to have rocked up to the school in a white shirt, the school tie, school winter uniform skirt (for us girls of course) and the blazer.... and earlier that day while getting ready for school my grandmother complained that I was over dressed for the summer term... well... as soon as I got home, nanna was apologizing red faced about telling me off for being over dressed :lol:

Mendes, the girls from my old school and myself keep referring the st marys girl's summer dresses as pj dresses lmao
IceLee

by Pirate Man » Sat May 17, 2008 7:33 pm

Laputa wrote:@yuki: Good call. The St. Mary ones are also good.
@Pirate Man: You're doing it wrong! Will you stop chowding down on spatchcock?

Rule #1 - Find out what the person was eating.
Rule #2 - Never eat anything with the word rooster in it.
Rule #3 - Never do the Heimlich manuever, it's freaking homosexual.
Rule #4 - No good deed goes unrewarded.

Now harden the fark up, Mackellar, or is the chick at BP still owning you as usual? :lol:

Mendesu-chan, are you sure your not taking drugs?.. Wait its called WOW nuff said.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Last Exile » Sat May 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Haven't played that in 2 weeks.

PS. You broke the golden rule of the forums. Fail.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by yukihotaru » Sat May 17, 2008 7:44 pm

IceLee wrote:Yuki... I'm very ticklish, Ive come to learn how to get the tickler off me (namely my fiance -_-' - he really should have known better after that accident)
and here, Yuki, you can have the white summer school dress... just dont get caught in a downpour without a jumper or a blazer.... as I remember clearly back in year 10 that happened to the girls from AHS straight after the after school bell went and we left the school building... :lol: we all stole the boys' jumpers and blazers... well except for me. And why not me? well I was wise enough to have rocked up to the school in a white shirt, the school tie, school winter uniform skirt (for us girls of course) and the blazer.... and earlier that day while getting ready for school my grandmother complained that I was over dressed for the summer term... well... as soon as I got home, nanna was apologizing red faced about telling me off for being over dressed :lol:

Oh god...trust me i know all abt the caught-in-rain-with-white-shirts thing. Living in a tropical country where it rains nearly everyday, it was hell for us during my senior 3 year, coz we wore thin, white shirts with rolled up long sleeves and ties. A lot of us got told off for wearing....erm...bras with visible colours or patterns on it....:P but it was a girls' school so nobody really minded except the teachers....XD
....u stole boys' clothes?! o_O
I don't like how square the school blazers here look. Makes one look bulky and squarish...
I just looked at the uniforms from St. Mary's...and you're right...they DO look like pjs....-_-lll
サヨナラ溶けたら何が残るかな?
yukihotaru

by IceLee » Sat May 17, 2008 7:50 pm

No no not me, Yuki, it was the other girls who did, while the boys had fun watching the girls scream and scramble for any places that would give them at least some sort of coverage against the rain, I had my blazer with me so I was good to go, and yes I agree, they (the blazers) make a student look bigger if they basically, well their mums basically made them get it a few sizes too large like mum did >_>' its still too big for me even now! XD
IceLee

by Pirate Man » Sat May 17, 2008 8:46 pm

Last Exile wrote:Haven't played that in 2 weeks.

PS. You broke the golden rule of the forums. Fail.

Quoted from pirates, "the rules are more like guidelines than actual rules".
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Last Exile » Sat May 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Well, my mother decided to give me an early birthday present and gave me three winter tops. Lightweight yet warm and confortable. Not feeling unfashion-like anymore.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Sun May 18, 2008 8:03 am

Pirate Man wrote:
Mappy wrote:Stop calling Last Exile a soup garnish. That's insulting to soup garnishes the world over. 8)

Fixed your mistake Mappy 8).

Time to fix up your sentences again, methinks. 8)
Pirate Man wrote:Mendesu-chan, are you sure you're not taking drugs? Wait it's called WOW! Nuff said.

On topic: I tend not to buy new clothing for Winter. I get a couple of new shirts for Summer and such, but otherwise it is a needs-based thing for me. During the Winter I rarely feel the cold, what with my inbuilt insulation and everything. 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Bazza » Sun May 18, 2008 8:27 am

I find having a cat on your lap can help alleviate coldness. Especially one as large as Tiny.

:)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by edible_hat » Sun May 18, 2008 9:15 am

yukihotaru wrote:....u stole boys' clothes?! o_O

IceLee wrote:No no not me, Yuki, it was the other girls who did

She makes up for it now though...

edible_hat

by Dhumahn » Sun May 18, 2008 9:18 am

Bazza wrote:I find having a cat on your lap can help alleviate coldness. Especially one as large as Tiny.

:)

Urge to make a fur coat and a bbq growing... :twisted:
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn

by IceLee » Sun May 18, 2008 9:28 am

edible_hat wrote:
yukihotaru wrote:....u stole boys' clothes?! o_O

IceLee wrote:No no not me, Yuki, it was the other girls who did

She makes up for it now though...

It was only a hoodie, dammit and it didnt fit you anymore!! want not, waste not! :P
IceLee

by Pirate Man » Sun May 18, 2008 9:53 am

Mappy wrote:
Pirate Man wrote:Mendesu-chan, are you sure you're not taking drugs? Wait it's called WOW! Nuff said.

On topic: I tend not to buy new clothing for Winter. I get a couple of new shirts for Summer and such, but otherwise it is a needs-based thing for me. During the Winter I rarely feel the cold, what with my inbuilt insulation and everything. 8)

Ah! Thanks for that Mappy, don't know what I could do without you!
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Bazza » Sun May 18, 2008 10:45 am

Dhumahn wrote:Urge to make a fur coat and a bbq growing... :twisted:

-OR-

8)

Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Mappy » Sun May 18, 2008 11:26 am

Pirate Man wrote:Ah! Thanks for that Mappy, don't know what I could do without you!

A few less !'s in your sentence and you should be right, as they tend to denote shouting out at the end of your sentences, as opposed to full stops, which just mean the sentence has reached a natural conclusion. After all, putting an ! after "Ah" makes it look like you're receiving an enema as you write down the sentence, and that I'm the one giving it to you. Which is a mental image I really didn't need just now.... 8)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by White Demon » Sun May 18, 2008 1:24 pm

And here I was thin king there would be a picture of Dhumahn in his special shirt in this thread.

Personally I don't care what anyone thinks of me, I'll wear whatever I feel most comfortable (and warm) in.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Last Exile » Sun May 18, 2008 3:39 pm

Methinks Pirate Man wants a certain thread but I ain't saying it.

And remember White, I haven't mentioned it in months here. He's the only one doing it.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by animesuki » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:29 am

Phill wrote:Normally I wouldn't say something like this to someone I don't know, but: Harden up, seriously. :hmm:

I'm not the most fashion conscious person at ajas and as someone else already stated I really don't think most of us are shallow enough to care about what you wear to ajas so sorry to the people complaining about fashion but good on Phil for that comment. Unless you come wearing a gundam tshirt (reference to ajas members gundam-hatage) :P or a rather revealing top no one is going to notice or care.
animesuki

Location: AU, Australia [130.220.79.99] gir.city.unisa.edu.au

by Mappy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:41 pm

I think the best choice of what to wear to AJAS is: clothes.

Because being naked will just scare people away.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by michu_kitty » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:25 pm

wear a sleeping bag, thats wat i would do if i could... they r so warm and comfortable, u don't need to wear anything else!
michu_kitty

by edible_hat » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:44 pm

Mappy wrote:Because being naked will just scare people away.

That depends on who you are, but in your case it's a certainty. (Maybe mine too, I need to go back to taekwondo)

edible_hat

by Last Exile » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Let's not give anyone ideas. :oops:
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Xenesis » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:38 pm

You people just need more spiffy hats. :P
Xenesis