AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

My last post.

by IceLee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:03 am

Ok, Im very angry, and very offended.
Im deaf, guys, I speak more on the internet than I do in real life, and YOU, atory, YOU KNEW that fact. You knew Im deaf. Ryan understood why I speak more here than in reality, and Im very angry. Im considering not turning up at all today, and If I turn up, I wouldnt be speaking to any of you except for ryan, mappy and my boyfriend.

Those who complained about the posts, you guys pretty much ruined my interest, as this will be my last post as Im too angry to even bother posting anymore.

Remember, Im frigging deaf. D-E-A-F. I cant hear everything in real life and I wont be able to understand everyone tonight if Im there. so shut up and get a better common sense.
IceLee

by michu_kitty » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:41 am

Nooooo, I know we don't know each other very well, but keep posting, because I like that you always reply to my posts. :)
michu_kitty

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:39 pm

and i'll be sad to see you go, you've been part of the reason i've started posting here because now there are actually conversations happening, rather than a handful of posts a week (though getting broadband was also a contributing factor factor).
i didn't know you are deaf, probably because it has not been mentioned recently (or i was just incapable of noticing it), but it makes no difference here as whether you can hear or not, as long as you make interesting posts, i'll be quite happy to continue discussing things with you (even if i do spend a large portion of my time making an dummkopf of myself).
anyway, while i do understand how offensive some posts may have been, i'm sure they were not entirely serious and even if they were, they were only made by a couple of people, as far as i can tell. unfortunately, some people have to learn to have a slightly thicker skin on the internet as people often put less thought into what they say than in real life.
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:47 pm

I havent even been gone techinally... but thank you for your thoughtful comment, (mad). I do know that alot of you do not realize that I'm deaf, but a very small handful of people here knows me from Unisaga, and they knows I'm deaf and it's likely I wont hear every word that one says to me, especially at unisaga on friday nights -_- even mappy couldnt hear myself or ryan talking XD

p.s Thanks michu for your reply aswell! ^_^
IceLee

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:00 pm

IceLee wrote:I havent even been gone techinally... but thank you for your thoughtful comment, (mad). I do know that alot of you do not realize that I'm deaf, but a very small handful of people here knows me from Unisaga, and they knows I'm deaf and it's likely I wont hear every word that one says to me, especially at unisaga on friday nights -_- even mappy couldnt hear myself or ryan talking XD

p.s Thanks michu for your reply aswell! ^_^

no worries, it's always a shame to see a good poster leave a forum.

EDIT: in my experience a good poster can often even be someone you personally don't agree or get along with, but someone who increases your enjoyment of the forum or gives you interesting discussion (experience from a much larger, crazier forum than this one :P )
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Not leaving yet. :P Atory sent me a huge apology over the mobile (text) so my day of leaving is still far off..
IceLee

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:08 pm

IceLee wrote:Not leaving yet. :P Atory sent me a huge apology over the mobile (text) so my day of leaving is still far off..

yay! i look forward to many long, painful, annoying and thoroughly enjoyable discussions with you, just don't be surprised when i stop making sense and start spouting techno-babble that nobody else understands
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:10 pm

:P I wouldnt count on everyone not understanding the techno babble... boyfriend there, (edible_hat) was working as a computer techinan until recently...

so yeah you guys are stuck with me (still)
IceLee

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:22 pm

IceLee wrote::P I wouldnt count on everyone not understanding the techno babble... boyfriend there, (edible_hat) was working as a computer techinan until recently...

so yeah you guys are stuck with me (still)

don't worry, i can really give him a run for his money - i'm not that far off of graduating both a Computer Systems Engineering and a Maths and Computer Science degree, so i can spout loads of stuff about programming, computers, AI, electronics, signal theory, electromagnetics, etc.
i'm sure i can find a topic he won't understand eventually :P
anyway, even if i don't, i can just start speaking in russian and then nobody will have a clue what's going on (they won't even be able to tell that i'm not that good at it)

EDIT: yay, post number answer to the great question of life the universe and everything
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:25 pm

Heh I'm not worried.
IceLee

by edible_hat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:39 pm

(mad) wrote: i can just start speaking in russian and then nobody will have a clue what's going on

I'll start signing while saying something completely different and confuse people even more.
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by IceLee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:42 pm

You forget I can translate, dave.... :P
IceLee

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:14 pm

the problem being that i often move my hands alot when i get carried away while talking about something. one of my friends even suggested filming me doing it and posting it somewhere with the request: make me an evil genius
(mad)
180 Proof

by edible_hat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:36 pm

IceLee wrote:You forget I can translate, dave.... :P

so you'd know what I was really signing, while everybody else would think I was signing what I was saying.

Kind of like John's movie about the first all-Deaf musical: if a signer had been available they could have signed some actual Auslan instead of just random hand movements. Would have been funny to see the subtitles say "OK let's try the opening number again from the top" while the person's really saying "The dummkopf who paid me to do this doesn't know I just called him an dummkopf" or something like that.
Mel Gibson's remake of The Life of Brian is nowhere near as funny as the original.

There are four autonomic responses, and they all start with F. Fright, fight, flight and making love. -Dr Karl

http://edible-hat.livejournal.com/
edible_hat

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:47 pm

edible_hat wrote:
IceLee wrote:You forget I can translate, dave.... :P

so you'd know what I was really signing, while everybody else would think I was signing what I was saying.

Kind of like John's movie about the first all-Deaf musical: if a signer had been available they could have signed some actual Auslan instead of just random hand movements. Would have been funny to see the subtitles say "OK let's try the opening number again from the top" while the person's really saying "The dummkopf who paid me to do this doesn't know I just called him an dummkopf" or something like that.

that just reminds me of the backwards episode of red dwarf (they get stuck on 20th century earth where everything is going backwards). in one of the scenes, the manager at the place they're working in comes in and shouts at them but if you watch it backwards, he's shouting at one of them about the fact that he's actually talking to the other guy but nobody can tell that because they can't understand what he's saying (because it's being played backwards). he then makes fun of everyone who spends ages trying to figure out what he was saying :D
(mad)
180 Proof

by Last Exile » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:47 pm

I sent you a PM, Ice. I never knew you were deaf and I certainly never meant any offense.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Madman » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:02 pm

sorry ice lee...i didnt know obviously. my original post was very 'tounge in cheek' and was never meant to discourage you from posting! keep it up.
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust

by IceLee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:30 pm

apologies accepted. and PM from Mendes received and answered. drama over and thank you for your thoughts, people.
IceLee

by Mappy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:43 am

I think we can regard this subject as closed, now that everyone has hosed down the flames. In essence: remember the rules. Be nice, peoples.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man