AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

DotA - Day of the Allstars: Anyone else play?

by Last Exile » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:17 pm

Just curious, do any of you guys play DotA at all? I know Pirate Man does but he needs to work on his ganking.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Rasberry » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:45 am

I used to but i lost my krieg handwerk disc somewhere.

Problem with DOTA is that everyone expects everyone else to be a pro, then again that is just krieg handwerk 3...
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by (mad) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:52 pm

i play it, on occasion. i'm not particularly good at it, but i don't suck completely
anyway, doesn't DotA stand for Dawn of the Ancients?
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:14 pm

Not I said the fly.
IceLee

by Last Exile » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:37 pm

(mad) wrote:i play it, on occasion. i'm not particularly good at it, but i don't suck completely

It's in the topic title. -_- Day of the Allstars.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by IceLee » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:38 pm

hehe!
IceLee

by (mad) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:40 pm

Last Exile wrote:
(mad) wrote:i play it, on occasion. i'm not particularly good at it, but i don't suck completely

It's in the topic title. -_- Day of the Allstars.

or you could check their website: http://www.dota-allstars.com/
unless you're talking about a different dota. the one i play has a song about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDdNDt_S70&NR
(mad)
180 Proof

by Last Exile » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:46 pm

That is the one.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by (mad) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:49 pm

Last Exile wrote:That is the one.

you mean the one called Defense of the Ancients? :-P
EDIT: you think the DotA song is bad? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX79tgB2PVk is by the same guys
(mad)
180 Proof

by Last Exile » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:39 pm

I was on dialup so i didn't check the link.

The DotA song is cool. Good beat, very catchy.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by (mad) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:08 pm

i posted links to the clip for the DotA song and one they wrote that goes along the lines of: boy goes on irc, boy sees bot on irc and thinks it is awesome, boy finds out bot is actually a girl, boy prefers to think of girl as a bot
(mad)
180 Proof

by Ryan White » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:23 am

I have both of those videos and I am willing to torture AJAS with them.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Psike81 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:54 am

Ah Ryan ... sporting the usual Spiked-Carrot-On-A-Stick diplomacy .
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81

by Ryan White » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:05 am

I could have sworn that DotA stood for Defense of the Ancients, with DotA-Allstars being a variation on the original.
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Last Exile » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:17 am

Well, whatever its origins, it's big enough now that Blizzard includes it in the tournament/prize money circuit along with WC3 and WoW: Arena.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Rasberry » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:45 am

yes it was originally defense of the ancients
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:16 pm

which reminds me: for those that don't know v6.45 of DotA is out
not that i've really learnt much of what's happened since v6.33
(mad)
180 Proof

by Last Exile » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:31 pm

What has happened since then:

1. Mechinical Creeps. In the 3 lane creep waves, The Sentinels get a Glaive Thrower every 6th wave while The Scourge gets a Meat Wagon every 6th wave. They are very good at damaging towers so protect them if you can.

2. Alchemist's ulti, Chemical Rage, had it's health regen nerfed. Spectre got buffed and is very deadly.

3. 5 new items

(a) Vladmir's Offering - 18% life steal aura along with a Devotion aura and some + dmg. But the BIG thing is, the lifesteal is NOT an orb effect! And it only costs 2400 to make. This is so damn good late game. (Requires Mask of Death + Ring of Basillus + 1000g)

(b) Hood of Defiance - +8hp health regen per second and 30% magic resistance. ([Ring of Health or 2 Rings of Regeneration] + Helm of Iron Will + Plainswalker Cloak)

(c) Arcane Ring - +3 armour, +300 mana, 15 mana cost activation to get 135 mana back, cd = 30 seconds. This is SO GOOD. (Requires Ring of Protection + Mana Booster + 525g)

(d) Bloodstone. 500hp, 500mana, hp and mana regen boosts, reduces time spent till next resurrection by 40%, can stack up to 10 times to reduce death time, charges lost every time you die, charges gained every time you kill someone. (Requires Soul Booster + Perseverance) VERY handy on int heroes late game.

(e) Mjollinr. +35agi, +35 damage, 20% chance to cast Lightning Bolt upon attack, Static Charge (activated, reflects damage back). VERY UBER on ranged agi heroes. (Requires Eaglehorn + Maelstrom)

4. Aegis is no longer made via items. You can only get it by killing Roshan. Roshan has been nerfed heavily though, you can kill him much earlier in the game and he respawns about 15 mins after is killed. He drops Aegis first two times, then from his 3rd death onwards he drops Cheese (restore 2500hp and 1000 mana). Aegis is stackable. However Roshan now only gives all players 200 gold instead of 800 gold since he is so easy now. Meepo, Ursa, Juggernaut or Drow can solo Roshan early if they itemise right.

5. (THE BIG CHANGE) 6 new heroes were introduced in 6.44.

(a) Sacred Warrior. Strength. 2 of his abilities cost health rather than mana (Fire Arrows + Bleed Stun) while his mana move is a major heal move that can't be interrupted. The more health regen you get, the better he is. He sucks versus agi late game though. He's a good tank and has a very good ulti, his heal can be cast on allies as well as him. But he's more a mid-game hero. Late game he gets owned. Needs some fixing.

(b) Undying. Intelligence. Yeah...That's right...He's a zombie and he's INT. Explain that. He has a -%health aura that makes all enemy heroes within range constantly lose health. He can spawn mutliple zombies that hit fairly hard and they regen Undying's health when they die. His ulti is a major slow. Early game Undying is insanely good at tower pushing but unless you push hard early, he becomes a huge liability. Needs a major fix.

(c) Dark Seer. Intelligence. This guy is weird. He could be good soon. He has a move that removes all negative buffs and gives a temporary movement speed burst. He has a shield that burns anyone that is within range real hard. He has a vacuum that sucks everyone back to him and hurts hard. His ulti is a portal wall that anyone who walks through it gets duplicated. If enemies walk through it, their duplicates turn on them. Potentially good but he is just a major liability late game. Needs fixing.

(d) Pit Lord. Strength. He's okay. Rain of Fire does good damage. His trap lasts up to 8 seconds and can impair all enemies rather than just 1. His Corpse Explosion move can be a very clever trick. His ulti allows his entire side to portal anywhere on the map, very good for late-game pushing. He doesn't have good damage himself though. He's a good team hero but will get massacred alone. Needs a bit of fixing but a good concept.

(e) Templar Assassin. Agility. This hero is fun but hard to use. Passive move that has attacks pass through a primary target and hit anything behind it. Meld allows her to go indefinitely invisible and do a high dmg attack to her next target if it's within range. She can do a temp shield that makes her invulnerable for 5 attacks. Her ulti is Stastis Trap, can lay 11 anywhere on the map then activate them to slow targets by 50% for 5 seconds. This one requires a lot of coordination and timing. The problem with Meld is people know EXACTLY where you are and if they have AoE moves or wards, you're in big trouble. If you can farm with her, it's good. if not, liability. Might need a fix but a good idea.

(f) Storm Spirit. Intelligence. This hero is the one they got right. He is brilliant. Passive that has a chance to cause extra damage and slow to other units around attacked target. A shield that blocks a lot of magic damage. A move that increases attack speed by up to 80% but constantly chews up mana to keep it going. Ulti is to jump 600 range and pull any other allied heroes with him. Get some dmg and mana regen on this guy and he is amazing. If you get Eye of Skadi and have the mana regen to perma fast attack, no hero can escape you unless they're stealth. I've managed to kill a full team 1v5 with this hero, he is very good. You just need to survive and farm early then mid-late game, he will be an absolute powerhouse. Leave as is, brilliant hero.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:25 pm

crazy, i guess i need some practice. i probably didn't need all of this explained though, as unless i read it just before playing, i'm not going to remember it and will end up just doing some of the more basic stuff. if you like, i can try and get you into some of the games i play over hamachi - i know a few people who are pretty good.
if all else fails and you don't think your net connection is good enough, there's normally a decent amount of DotA players at the LANs that i frequent (http://www.streetgeek.com.au)
(mad)
180 Proof

by Last Exile » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:33 pm

Sorry, you will fail. If it isn't World of krieg handwerk or DotA, I don't play it. WoW people play nothing else. ;)
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:42 pm

Last Exile wrote:Sorry, you will fail. If it isn't World of krieg handwerk or DotA, I don't play it. WoW people play nothing else. ;)

i was referring to games of DotA, but i guess if you only play WoW and DotA, then a LAN isn't worth it for you, but DotA over hamachi is ok in my experience, even if i've only played a handful like that so far.
(mad)
180 Proof

by Last Exile » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:54 pm

When I play DotA, I play on US West/Lordaeron under the handle 'TheHardRoad'. That name has brought me good luck ever since I switched to that handle. I come top 2-3 nearly every game. I don't know if I'd make a good playing partner for you man, I get very intense during games. If anyone starts trash talking I get really vicious and let them have it verbally and game-wise.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by (mad) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:59 pm

Last Exile wrote:When I play DotA, I play on US West/Lordaeron under the handle 'TheHardRoad'. That name has brought me good luck ever since I switched to that handle. I come top 2-3 nearly every game. I don't know if I'd make a good playing partner for you man, I get very intense during games. If anyone starts trash talking I get really vicious and let them have it verbally and game-wise.

fair enough, in that case you probably wouldn't fit in with most of the people who i play with aren't really after anything too competitive (half of them aren't even that good, which i will be until i get some practice done)
(mad)
180 Proof

by Atory » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:53 pm

(this is Mendes/Last Exile)

Well I just went 14-0 with Night Stalker, some PA wanted to emoslash, 2 people left on my side, Axe ont heir side was useless, Undying was useless on ours, only other decent player was the host. And after PA kept doing 'your mum' comments, I just gave them all hell and PA trash talked until game over like an absolute mofo. Biggest bunch of nagas I've ever seen in my life.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Madman » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:08 pm

Last Exile wrote:Sorry, you will fail. If it isn't World of krieg handwerk or DotA, I don't play it. WoW people play nothing else. ;)

Guild wars is much better(and freeer(is that a word?)). so i think is dungeons and dragons online.
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust

by IceLee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:34 pm

Ive played guildwars as a necromancer-mesmer.
IceLee

by Last Exile » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:03 pm

Guild Wars...lol, lol, lol...lol!

The subscription is infinitely worth it, that argument dfoesn't work, stop using it, it was old years ago, gg no re.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by IceLee » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:05 pm

yeah I didnt play guildwars for very long though, not good graphics on my computer
IceLee

by Ryan White » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Last Exile wrote:Guild Wars...lol, lol, lol...lol!

The subscription is infinitely worth it, that argument dfoesn't work, stop using it, it was old years ago, gg no re.

More English, less jargon.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Mappy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:27 am

[lightbox]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/mappythemouse/1183309963688.jpg[/lightbox]
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by (mad) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:16 am

fair enough, saves the bunny from that fate...
(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:20 am

what bunny? :P
IceLee

by (mad) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:24 am

(mad)
180 Proof

by IceLee » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:25 am

hehe!
IceLee

by (mad) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:29 am

apparently it's a talent of his...
http://www.syberpunk.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=oolong
(mad)
180 Proof

by Psike81 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:36 am

Dont worry guys if its anything you're missing ... its nothing much .

Get on with your life as per normal .
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81

by Mappy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Osaka >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the bunny. And some sata andagi.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:50 am

I still like the chinsoku-shinsoku gag. There was actually a WoW guild on my server called Shinsoku. Almost no-one knew what it really meant. :P Then again, only a few more knew what the guild Elfen Lied called themselves after. :P
Disgusting...
Last Exile