AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Anti-Michael Atkinson Petition at all EB Games stores

by Last Exile » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Today while shopping after work, I noticed the EB Games store at West Lakes had a petition to allow the R18+ rating for the gaming industry which it so obviously needs, but is being denied by the man which tops just about everyone's hate list at AJAS and probably UniSaga and AVCon to boot - MICHAEL ATKINSON. Throw in his recent discretions with the St Clair affair, threatening to sue anyone who spoke out against him, followed by Tuesday night's debarcle of making any political commentary legal only if full disclosure of all personal details was provided for all to see - it is clear. Michael Atkinson has completely fallen out of touch. He doesn't see what this state/country needs and sees fit to shelve everyone within a super-fragile glasshouse.

So to all of those that utterly despise Michael Atkinson and were also preparing to vote for Gamers for Croydon in the Senate in the March 20 State Elections, I hope you will also be able to find the time to get down to any EB Games store and take a few minutes to sign their petition. It's about time Michael Atkinson gets what we deserved. Time to stand up for what we believe in.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

Re: Anti-Michael Atkinson Petition at all EB Games stores

by Pirate Man » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 pm

I love people who could believe dethroning the spokesman against R18+ games could do anything? Is there any guarantee it will come in when hes ousted?

Also those dude in Gamers4Croydon better be verrry careful which I'm doubt they will o/w another Pauline Hanson situation could happen again. By the way aren't we hypocrites? Pauline Hanson wanted to RESTRICT immgration into Australia and guess what we want now?
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by White Demon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Pirate Man wrote:I love people who could believe dethroning the spokesman against R18+ games could do anything? Is there any guarantee it will come in when hes ousted?

Well the possibility that it could happen will at least be higher. I doubt the new attorney General (whoever it would be) would be a bigger arschloch than Atkinson.

Also I notice that Gamers4Croydon are running candidates for the Legislative Council as well as other electorates. So I hope many people as possible vote for them.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Pirate Man » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:18 am

White Demon wrote:
Pirate Man wrote:I love people who could believe dethroning the spokesman against R18+ games could do anything? Is there any guarantee it will come in when hes ousted?

Well the possibility that it could happen will at least be higher. I doubt the new attorney General (whoever it would be) would be a bigger sinkhole than Atkinson.

Also I notice that Gamers4Croydon are running candidates for the Legislative Council as well as other electorates. So I hope many people as possible vote for them.

Hmmm.... Not as much of a bigger sinkhole they built for us (Ala so called GGOOOD GAMMEE GOOODDD GAMMMEE) when the gamers started to whinge, really what is there to achieve to threats, insults and stupid things like throwing a death threat notice under his house, it only reinforces his position and gives him futhur reason this is the result of R18+ games to come into Australia, what probably he wants is a proper discussion not stupid crap like this. Give him reason to Why R18+ should exist and there should be massive consequences if such items should be sold to young people hands treat R18+ games like cigarettes or just as bad.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by White Demon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:19 am

@PirateMan: I totally agree, those people sending Atkinson death threats etc are complete and utter morons, and obviosuly are not going to change his stance.

However

Atkinson's anti-R18+ rating stance has been the same for the last 10+ years, and is unlikely to change no matter what happens.
And in an interview on the 5AA Leon Byner show recently, he labelled ALL gamers, including the people behind Gamers4Croydon as criminals and accused Gamers4Croydon of sending the death threats themselves.

The Gamers4Crydon spokesperson then rang up Leon Byner and explained why an R18+ rating would help protect children rather than hinder it (and to state that they would never do such a thing re the death threats and encouraged his supporters not to do such a thing), but Atkinson chose to ignore most of his comments and only chose the 1 or 2 comments he could shoot down in flames, which he was still unable to do convincingly in the face of the G4C spokesperson's comments on the matter.

THAT is why Atkinson is the biggest arschloch ever to grace the Attorney General's chair and must be gotten rid of ASAP.

As for Good Game, I don't watch it, can't stand the blutig show.

@Last Exile: sorry for hijacking your thread. Next time I'm in the City I must go to the City EB and see if they've got a petition too.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Pirate Man » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:25 am

White Demon wrote:
The Gamers4Crydon spokesperson then rang up Leon Byner and explained why an R18+ rating would help protect children rather than hinder it (and to state that they would never do such a thing re the death threats and encouraged his supporters not to do such a thing), but Atkinson chose to ignore most of his comments and only chose the 1 or 2 comments he could shoot down in flames, which he was still unable to do convincingly in the face of the G4C spokesperson's comments on the matter.

That's the problem, he rang up, he doesn't believe they are proper politicians or for that matter he thinks they were made up in desperation. I think I heard that conversation on the 5AA when I was driving home, it was only a question and sees they were formed for one and only purpose. They got to get it together, and shoot down his comments like on adelaide now.

This is what he said

"The voters of Croydon will now be asked directly whether they want interactive games in which gamers score points by raping a mother and daughter, blowing themselves up, torturing human figures . . . killing people and taking drugs to improve their sporting prowess," he said.

Raping mother and daughter is X rated and Japan only even they banned Rape-Lay so you are saying we support pedophilla in our games or are you gonna support pedophilla in our games?
Blowing themselves up.... nice try didn't C&C Generals went thru where you can blow people up playing as the terriosts?
Torturing Human Figures... you do that in World Of krieg handwerk nuff said
killing people and taking drugs to improve their sporting prowess.... Fallout Series everyone, you let that go through?

He already released these games such a hypocrite :S
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard