AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

Gamers for croydon (show your support for R18+ rating)

by Rasberry » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:05 am

http://www.gamers4croydon.org/home

At the next election, South Australian Attorney-General and R18+ videogame opponent Michael Atkinson may be challenged by a political party championing the rights of adult gamers and an overhaul to Australia’s classification system. And they need your help.

Taking its name from the recently banned Left 4 Dead 2, the Gamers 4 Croydon party and its founder David Doe plan to contest the safe Labor seat of Croydon, held by Atkinson since 1989, at the 2010 state election. Doe says the reason he’s chosen to stand in the election is “to exert pressure on the Attorney General for South Australia, Michael Atkinson, as he is currently the only Attorney General voting ‘no’ against the introduction of an R18+ classification rating for videogames in Australia.”

To register as a political party, Doe needs to sign up 150 Gamers 4 Croydon members who are over 18, enrolled to vote and live in South Australia.
Rasberry
N00bhunter

Re: Gamers for croydon (show your support for R18+ rating)

by davidg » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 am

http://www.pirateparty.org.au

Since this topic wasn't taken down as spam, I'll bite. There is another political party that supports the R18+ classification for games. They are the Australian Pirate Party and may be running in the next state and federal elections.

As deputy president of the party, I'd encourage you all to have a look over their policies. The Pirate Party stands for decriminalizing non-commercial file sharing, reforming copyright and patent law and protecting our civil liberties (freedom of speech, etc). The party has over 1300 members and are part of an international movement, which currently holds three seats in the European parliament.

The South Australian branch is having a meeting at Flinders University on the 2nd of December, just after exams. You are all welcome to tag along. Here are the details.
http://www.ppau.info/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=9

*Edit - link changed.
Your friendly neighbourhood pirate. www.pirateparty.org.au/
davidg

by Rasberry » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24 pm

the topic was not spam, it is just a little controversial.... As of current people can't choose weather or not to join. Whilst i support the movement of GFC, many others believe that this will only give something for the Attorney general to poke holes in. The reason that this was formed was to accept a challenge thrown down by the South Australian Attorney General and GFC wants to prove that many people do not endorse his beliefs.
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by Hans Stockmann » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:10 am

Not many that live in Croydon, and that's what ultimately matters.
Although I don’t know about the directions at 4:51.
It’s commonly known when you look north in Japan East is to your left. Please don’t try to correct that sentence. It lasts only for a second but I wouldn’t expect a mistake like that.
Hans Stockmann
Master Asia's True Apprentice

by Last Exile » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:50 am

And that is one of the reasons why Michael Atkinson has such a 'safe seat.' It's tailored to his beliefs somewhat.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by ARTA8SIMS » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:57 am

I STRONGLY SUPPORT 18+ GAMES IN AUSTRALIA, PARTICULARLY IN SA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage
Anime collection HDD1: 552GB / 931GB Still going up.
Anime collection HDD2: 804GB / 931GB Still going up.
AOF -- ISML -- AJAS
ARTA8SIMS

by Rim Dark » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:44 pm

ARTA8SIMS wrote:I STRONGLY SUPPORT 18+ GAMES IN AUSTRALIA, PARTICULARLY IN SA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahaha :lol: i hear that same here i STRONGLY SUPPORT 18+ GAMES IN AUSTRALIA

Rim Dark
Rim Dark

by davidg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Update: The Pirate Party SA has officially launched.

http://www.pirateparty.org.au/press_rel ... launch.pdf
Your friendly neighbourhood pirate. www.pirateparty.org.au/
davidg

by White Demon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Last Exile wrote:And that is one of the reasons why Michael Atkinson has such a 'safe seat.' It's tailored to his beliefs somewhat.

But I wonder how many will vote for him now, after the debacle over the St Clair land swap.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Last Exile » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Does that fall within the Croydon electorate boundaries? I'd love to see him fall from grace.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:40 am

Even if it doesn't, the area is a safe seat for the Labor Party.... Though that might change with the whiff of corruption in the air.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by White Demon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:59 am

Last Exile wrote:Does that fall within the Croydon electorate boundaries? I'd love to see him fall from grace.

Well he was involved in the whole thing.
GEEKS RULE!

Nerds suck.

(\_/)
(o.o)
((")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him in his quest for world domination.
White Demon
Purveyor of Playlists

by Last Exile » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:51 am

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... s-for-2009

A certain award has been dedicated to Michael Atkinson. Couldn't be any more accurate/fitting.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Pirate Man » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Read this and read this carefully

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2824726.htm

Voting against Atkinson will not in fact introduce an R18+ rating, keep it in mind put this on an group perspective which you SHOULD ALL KNOW.

If Gamers4Croydon should be serious about this issue they should put a paper in front of his desk outline WHY should R18+ games exist,
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Last Exile » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:43 am

Perhaps. But the gaming rating isn't the only reason to vote against Michael Atkinson. St. Claire, his cases of threatening to sue normal citizens, rewriting the political commentary laws after lying to the Libs and Greens. The list goes on. He's a law unto himself.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Last Exile » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Well well...it appears Michael Atkinson has quit to the backbench. :)
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Mappy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 am

There was a lot of rumblings going on that, even if he did win his seat comfortably, he wasn't going to get the Attorney General position again.

Of course, we shouldn't necessarily cheer the end of this particular Tiberius in case he is replaced by Caligula.
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Last Exile » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:19 am

True, but there were SO MANY issues involving that guy. The R18+ was just one of many reasons I'm glad to see him go.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Pirate Man » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 pm

Last Exile wrote:True, but there were SO MANY issues involving that guy. The R18+ was just one of many reasons I'm glad to see him go.

Let's say he didn't bumble up, R18+ wouldn't be the reason he would quit to the backbench. To be honest the Major stuff up that reallyg c cost the party was beinensored on the blogs.GAMERS4NUBS was SOOOO pointless, really we were gonna elect a Gamers4NUBS elect for 4 years just to introduce an R18+ rating which was not Guaranteed? Instead of writing a worthwhile letter or a introduction to R18+gaming to the public instead they throw a party on it....Not once, not once at all did I hear from a radio show "How do I go about convincing you about R18+ rating needs to be introduced?" or "if i submitted a reasons and a paper for introduction to R18+ would you take a look at it?" SIIIIGGGGHHHHH.....

Last Exile wrote:Perhaps. But the gaming rating isn't the only reason to vote against Michael Atkinson. St. Claire, his cases of threatening to sue normal citizens, rewriting the political commentary laws after lying to the Libs and Greens. The list goes on. He's a law unto himself.

St Claire if he explained it carefully and guide it towards why this is happening there wouldn't be much issue but alas being an idioit he didn't.
Well if I recieve death threats for no reason whatsoever would you sue? He is well within reason, pretty stupid and unAustralian to send Death Threats to a Pollie besides if being smart is calling a pollie a arschloch in front of his face or on nation news well they deserve what they get. What about that stupid Crows supporter? Only Crows support Crows no one else does (take this statement in consideration).
Libs and Green are just as bad. WELL WHO LET THROUGH THE GST? oh thats right labour, pointless argument. They all lie.

Though Censorship on the internet by revealing real names on blog WTF???? Think that is the boulder that broke the camel's back and probably this reason only they almost cost the whole election.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Last Exile » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 am

I think the RAH, the Adelaide Oval redevelopment, water issues and rights of the individual were the pertinent issues. Suing EVERY single person that filed a legitimate complaint against him was pretty stupid. We should have made Yahtzee run, he'd have had a good chance. :P
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Pirate Man » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Last Exile wrote:I think the RAH, the Adelaide Oval redevelopment, water issues and rights of the individual were the pertinent issues. Suing EVERY single person that filed a legitimate complaint against him was pretty stupid. We should have made Yahtzee run, he'd have had a good chance. :P

This shows adelaidians pussies you say to him BRING IT ON. Then he'll have to pay the costs if he loses, then your costs etc also has to pay off potential earnings of the indviduals and also could be sued from distress loss of jobs etc. He's just very vocal and pretty stupid like most pollies. To be honest having any sense and grasp of logic and rationality doesn't make you qualified to be a pollie.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Last Exile » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Barry Jones, Rod Sawford, Nick Xenophon - They're alright.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Sufferes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:25 pm

I'm the Moustache Maaaaaan!
Sufferes