AJAS.org.au Forum Archive

Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

AJAS Forum Archive

Forum Administrators and Moderators

The reason why there aren't many females at AJAS...

by Atory » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:53 pm

...and here you thought I was going to say something serious.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Bazza » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:05 pm

I know the real reason.

Did anyone else notice, how when Madmans girlfreind walked in last week, all of us inexplicably gravitated towards her? In short, we scare them off.

8)

Resident tank enthusiast. See me for racist and opinionated storytelling and vaguely accurate historical tank warfare-themed rants.
Bazza
A Trap is Fine Too

by Last Exile » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:17 pm

You said exactly what I thought you were going to say, Atory.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Seven Of Four » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:29 pm

Any obsession related hobby-obsession-like-hobby will inadvertedly repel females like a wet cat repels Calvin Klein... (making sense am not). 'Do we really care?' Is another issue. If you really want to see girls get a lifel; put down that DVD collectors edition of Transformers and go get a new set of threads. :P Put down that WoW gaming card and buy yourself some cologne you smelly nubs. :P Go start a casual romance club and pray for a set of girls just willing to go at it as long as you follow a set procedure of questions and answers. :shock:

I always thought the purpose of AJAS, like most club houses, is a boys only scene where we all get piss drunk afterwards and start slapping a scapegoat before shoving him into a locker half his size after we remove his shirt and hair and consiely inscribed an apologetic letter to his mother on his bare back with red ink.
Seven Of Four

by Atory » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:48 pm

Bazza: I wouldn't know... I was sitting outside the room doing my Uni work last week.

7/4: Back when you attended AJAS it must have been a much different kind of club. I've never been to a AJAS meeting like the one you described.

If we want to see girls at AJAS we just have to invite them... whether they will ever attend more than one meeting is a different matter.

I'm waiting for the playlist to be free of anything that would make them look at me wierd before inviting my friends.
NHK is now making that impossible. I've already shown two females the first couple of episodes of that show...
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Psike81 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:58 am

I'll give 7-of-4 abit of credit ... generally the majority of AJAS patrons for quite sometime now are techies , powergamers (or just gamers) and otakus . Generally speaking , its probably not the most attractive bunch to be having an option to hang out with .

However its not to say AJAS never had girl members , just that we have no idea how to attract and keep members . Girls + guys + gays + etc . etc . all fall under this same dilemma .
I must feel proud about the things I choose ...,

Be it Ero-games , doujinshi , or clothes ; its all the SAME !
Psike81

by Dhumahn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:59 pm

Bazza wrote:I know the real reason.

Did anyone else notice, how when Madmans girlfreind walked in last week, all of us inexplicably gravitated towards her? In short, we scare them off.

8)

She'll be back, I'm sure of it (maybe in a nurses' outfit next time...)
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Madman » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:28 pm

Bazza wrote:I know the real reason.

8)

OMG! Amy is NOT my girlfreind!! lol! she is a very good freind who loves anime as much as anyone. and she will be back in 2weeks time at the ova night. she would come more often but works on tues nights normally :(

and greg, funny you should say that, she may just do coz she works in a hospital... :D
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust

by Seven Of Four » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:06 am

Atory wrote:7/4: Back when you attended AJAS it must have been a much different kind of club. I've never been to a AJAS meeting like the one you described.

I made AJAS happen... I don't know what you guys do without me, but it must blow hard.
Seven Of Four

by Ryan White » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:45 am

Seven Of Four wrote:
Atory wrote:7/4: Back when you attended AJAS it must have been a much different kind of club. I've never been to a AJAS meeting like the one you described.

I made AJAS happen... I don't know what you guys do without me, but it must blow hard.

Yes, it really sucks not having somebody complaining constantly.
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Rasberry » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:43 am

Ryan White wrote:

at least some one missed me over the last few weeks... my complaints are now directed at my manager and she hates it because i am to honest at work... that may also be half the reason i am rostered on to work nights when she has gone home instead of tuesdays off constantly, it is now wednesday, and as for Fridays off I have only had two off this year and i think it was called Good Friday and AVCON set up... sorry unisaga

don't worry my complaints of anti-girly fully ecchi shows not being on the playlist will be back soon... I hope
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by Mappy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:10 am

Seven Of Four wrote:I made AJAS happen... I don't know what you guys do without me, but it must blow hard.

I wondered why things have been looking up this past year or so....
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Seven Of Four » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:35 pm

Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

I was having relationship issues at the time... k's? I just took it out on the only durable thing I know.
Seven Of Four

by Last Exile » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:03 pm

Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

I was having relationship issues at the time... k's? I just took it out on the only durable thing I know.

Then start coming again, chick magnet. Problem solved.
Disgusting...
Last Exile

by Seven Of Four » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:00 pm

Last Exile wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

Right right... don't really feel up to going there on Tuesday nights :P I have to study too much now.
Seven Of Four

by Madman » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:05 pm

Seven Of Four wrote:
Last Exile wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

Right right... don't really feel up to going there on Tuesday nights :P I have to study too much now.

WOW! i just wanted to see how many quote boxes i could make..
signature removed irredeemably by court order for being massively overloli. have a nice day. :)
Madman
Harbinger of the Lolicaust

by Rasberry » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:34 pm

Madman wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Last Exile wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

+1
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by Mappy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:48 am

Rasberry wrote:
Madman wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Last Exile wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

+1

+2

Wait a minute.... Why am I contributing to this?
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Ryan White » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:28 am

Mappy wrote:
Rasberry wrote:
Madman wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Last Exile wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

+1

+2

I wonder of the maturity of our members could have anything to do with this issue...
"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;" - William Butler Yeats
B9 5E 43 72 1F D8 F5 1E 1A 9C 7E AB 04 20 E9 DC - This is my 128-bit integer, don't get any ideas about stealing it.
Ryan White
AJAS President

by Morphis » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:11 am

Ryan White wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Rasberry wrote:
Madman wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Last Exile wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

+1

+2

I wonder of the maturity of our members could have anything to do with this issue...

I wonder How many times do people HAVE TO quote someone else here? :P
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,
Set him on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life. :p
Morphis
Hub Sempai

by Rasberry » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:24 am

Morphis wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Rasberry wrote:
Madman wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Last Exile wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

+1

+2

i don't have to i just think it is funny
Rasberry
N00bhunter

by Mappy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:39 am

Thread locked if anyone quotes again. :)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man

by Pirate Man » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:24 am

Rasberry wrote:
Morphis wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Rasberry wrote:
Madman wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Last Exile wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

+1

+2

Can I join in the fun? Why are we whinging that no women come to the AJAS meeting at all?

Mappy wrote:Thread locked if anyone quotes again. :)

Oops sorry, I didnt really mean to do it.
Pirate Man
Forum /b/tard

by Atory » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:49 am

Pirate Man wrote:
Rasberry wrote:
Morphis wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Rasberry wrote:
Madman wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Last Exile wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:
Ryan White wrote:
Seven Of Four wrote:

+1

+2

Can I join in the fun? Why are we whinging that no women come to the AJAS meeting at all?

Mappy wrote:Thread locked if anyone quotes again. :)

Oops sorry, I didnt really mean to do it.

Usually I'm the one trying to make the playlist more friendly to both genders and I was just having a bit of fun making people think I was going to whinge about it on here too. Instead of the expected whinge, this topic started with me posting an image suggesting that female otakus stay at home on their PCs playing yaoi h-games rather than coming to AJAS.
Atory
UniSAGA President

by Dhumahn » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:24 pm

That's just ridiculous. If someone else adds to that, even I will lock it.
"Jiiiiiiiiiiii......."
Dhumahn
Highly Legit and Absolutely Shameless

by Mappy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:30 pm

I warned you all. :)
Mappy
Grumpy Old Man