Last Exile wrote:Kenshin was before my time so no idea why that one was seen through, Mappy should be able to elaborate on that one.
A brief history of long shows at early AJAS:
- we never actually finished this show. We just got up to the Christian arc in season 3 and started again. That's 60+ episodes shown twice.
- All three seasons were played over a number of years. But as each season is, in essence, a different story, we could have large gaps in between and not really care much.
- not a long show per se (26 episodes) but we played it three times.
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
- see Escaflowne.
- The tapes were taken out of our possession when then club president Brad Rheinheimer flounced off, tired of running things for little positive benefit to himself. We managed to get 22 episodes in.
- Played through complete one time around (52 episodes), plus the first oav series. We managed to get 28 episodes into a repeat.
- this series is 76 episodes plus movie. We made 25 before people grew tired of it.
Card Captor Sakura
- this is 70 episodes long plus 2 movies. We managed to get up to where I ran out of episodes on VHS (27). A brief restart somewhere in the 30's was trashed because of the poor quality of the sound.
I'm sure there were others, but my memory has come to a screeching halt.
There is always the possibility that, even if we agree to this idea, Blood+ won't get shafted from the playlist. I'm not saying that I think this show is good or bad (I don't personally dislike it) but there is so much out there ready to go that is good that we have this long show clogging up the system....
[size=0]And there are ways for people to get to see the rest....[/size]